The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: So, what exactly was the trigger to make you into a furry?  (Read 1166 times)

Offline Inquisitor

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Inquisitor
So, what exactly was the trigger to make you into a furry?
« on: November 26, 2012, 01:22:57 PM »
Let's be real here, there is definitely something with you. Now admittely I'm not a furry nor do I endorse your lifestyle in any way. I'm merely curious about your train of thought.

I'd like to know what made you into a furry. My main assumption is that you have a social disability. You never fit in with any other group and you simply sought a community of other outcasts where you could belong and feel like you matter. My other assumption is that somewhere along the process of growing up, you were influenced by harmful factors such as physical and/or mental abuse which damaged your perception of social interaction and sparked an interest in belonging to a community where you could assume a different identity.

This is probably the main issue with most you. You are seeking a persona, an identity to hide away your true self. But how do you deal with yourself in real life situations? Are you a working class man/woman who runs home after his/her 9 to 5 job to put on your fursuit and escape from reality, or are you a NEET shut-in leeching off of your parents/siblings and society?

Also, this question is the most important one for both you and me and I'd like to have it answered honestly. Are you mostly ashamed of your true (real-life) identity or of your furry-persona?

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
Re: So, what exactly was the trigger to make you into a furry?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 02:48:58 PM »
There is already a topic about this here: http://www.thefurryforum.com/forums/index.php?topic=5311.0

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown