The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Avatar: The Besiegement Begins  (Read 1890 times)

Offline Shapeshifter

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • only one of my forms... the Thel
    • DeviantArt
    • Roleplay Forum
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter
  • Coloring: varies
  • Height: varies
  • Weight: varies
  • Build: varies
« on: September 22, 2012, 08:34:20 AM »
A scream of utter terror cut through the early morning.
The already busy Mawey clan in their Hometree was taken from their activities.
Lateya preparing for a hunt was one of the first to jump up and run in the direction of the noise. She was wearing her usual bra and thong and her tail was swishing behind her. She had her knife in its harness around her shoulders and her bow in her four-fingered hand.
Like the others she was moving lithely and reached the border of their home the moment a little boy came running in. Tsoma a man Lateya grew up with was able to stop him by his shoulders.
"Bota, quiet down. Tell us what happened."
Breathing hard Bota put his hands on his knees bending down.
"A Palulukan..."
"What about it?"
"He was chasing me... I could see a deep wound in his right flank... and he was limping strongly... otherwise he would have killed me."
In the distance the angry roar of a Palulukan seems to confirm the boy's story.
The crowd that assembled around them was afraid.
[cont...]

Post Merge: September 22, 2012, 09:26:19 AM
"Calm down people," Lateya said. "He is too far away right now." Looking at the boy with her green cat-like eyes she started thinking. "Should we kill a Palulukan though he did not do a thing to is? Or try and help him?"
"That's a very good question." A tall man exuding authority walked up to them as the people moved aside. "What do you have in mind?"
"Tsaheylu..."
The leader of the Mawey people gazed at his almost adopted daughter since he didn't have children of his own and knew what that one word meant.
"I take it you want to attempt it?"
Nodding Lateya lowered her eyes waiting for his decision.
"Take Tsoma, Kolat and Mata with you." The two man and woman he named stepped forward nodding. "Make sure she comes back in one piece."
Lateya's heart beat fast in excitement and she looked at Mowo grinning. "I will... with the Palulukan!"
Her younger sister standing to her Lateya turned to her and handed over her bow but kept the knife since she might have to defend herself.
[cont]

Post Merge: September 22, 2012, 09:31:49 AM
"Why do you keep doing such things? You will get yourself killed some day!" her sister Meteya shouted after her but she was already running in the direction of yet another roar.
"But not today!" Lateya answered and they entered the forest.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 09:31:49 AM by Shapeshifter, Reason: Merged DoublePost »
  • Avatar by: Captain Laura Parkins, Avatar by TheWhiteKitsune
Shapeshifter

Offline Colioli4

• Dancing Dragon
  • One furry for all, all furries for one!!!!!
    • Awards
  • Species: Husky (And part Vulpix/ part Mew: Internet does not lie!!!)
  • Coloring: black and white (more black than white)
  • Height: 1,80 meter
  • Weight: 65 kilo's
  • Build: Lean, stealthy
  • Currently: I haz returnd to ze Forums!!! Hello everyone, and nice to meet ya all!!!
Re: Avatar: The Besiegement Begins
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012, 05:14:10 PM »
"Sssss.... still, At'ames, still... what is going on with you these days?"
Ita'rane had been hunting all day. The Nantangs had gotten to agressive in the recent days, and had killed one of the younger Na'vi in Ita's village. He had succesfully and cleanly killed three of the fast and dangerous animals, not out of vengeance, but out of sympathy. To many Nantang resulted often into more agressive ones, searching for food and a home. Those had to be taken out of their missery...
Suddenly, a bright light fills the air. A huge... thing comes flying through the air. More cloured lights shine from its body. At'ames gets a fright, but Ita is able to rein him in. Then, as suddenly as it arrived, the thing flies away again.
By the voices... what... was... that???????
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 08:36:10 PM by Colioli4 »
  • Avatar by: No avatar found yet... Anyone??? :?

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army.

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • I'm not a bad man.....I just do things bad men do.
    • Awards
  • Species: Spider
  • Coloring: Black with red patterning
  • Height: 10 foot
  • Currently: silently watching
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2012, 12:01:51 PM »
durako and uk flew lazily through the tree's, looking for something to hunt. i scream in the distance catching both of their attentions. uk turned towards the noise and sped up, darting between the thick tree trunks while durako readied his bow for whatever was waiting up ahead. after a few moments a large hometree filled their sight and uk followed the commotion to a cathering of the local tribe "what happened here?" durako called as they landed behind the group. quickly looking from face to face for someone of importance who would talk to him
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

Offline Shapeshifter

• Avid Aardvark
    • DeviantArt
    • Roleplay Forum
    • Awards
  • Weight: varies
  • Build: varies
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 12:45:31 PM »
Lateya was running through the forest following the sounds the predator was making while a stranger landed near their Hometree.

Everyone was on their way back to their former activities but someone announced the new arrival.
Mowo turned around walking up to the man. "I see you," he greeted the Na'vi on his Ikran. "An injured Palulukan frightened one of our children," Mowo explained dressed in more decorated clothes than the rest which showed he was the leader of the Mawey clan. "And 4 of our hunters went after him with a risky plan."

In the meantime the group was getting close to the wounded animal smelling its blood all around. As soon as they were able to see it through the trees they stopped but kept an eye on it.

The Palulukan was laying on the ground with his injured side up licking his deep wound, whimpering. Intent on his health he only had half an eye on his surroundings since he was in a lot of pain.
[cont]

Post Merge: September 23, 2012, 12:59:57 PM
Looking around for a way to approach the animal without disturbing it Lateya saw a thick branch growing almost directly above the Palulukan which wasn't too high.
Knowing that her companions were analysing the situation as well Lateya signaled to them to keep their bows at the ready while she would climb that tree.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 12:59:57 PM by Shapeshifter, Reason: Merged DoublePost »
  • Avatar by: Captain Laura Parkins, Avatar by TheWhiteKitsune
Shapeshifter

Offline Shapeshifter

• Avid Aardvark
    • DeviantArt
    • Roleplay Forum
    • Awards