The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Sword Art Online: OOC (Open)  (Read 1344 times)

Offline Haxor

• Maverick Hunter
  • Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Is that all you got?
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Black fur, white hair, and mask, with white stripes on my tail
  • Height: 5"6
  • Weight: 135
  • Build: toned
Sword Art Online: OOC (Open)
« on: October 08, 2012, 06:26:58 AM »
Giving this a full try again lol.
This is an RP based off the new anime/Manga: Sword Art Online (SAO) If you have not seen it, that's fine, we will be developing our own story.

Background:

It is November of 2022. You are one of the thousands citizens of Tokyo who bought the the Nerve Gear, a very sophisticated piece of technology, capable of fully immersing a user into a complete virtual reality for video gaming. Along with this you were also on the lucky few who purchased its newest title: Sword Art Online. A VRMMORPG, this title is to fully immerse all the players who purchased its first 10,000 batch of copies into world and into the fortress of Aincard, which contains 100 floors of things to explore and fight.
Everything is all and well within the beauty of this world. Yet upon being done with your time inside the world, you notice something strange; there is not option to log out within the main menu. It also appears everyone around you is having the same issue. As you all ponder over the issue or perhaps "bug" you and everyone else within the game are given a force teleport to the first floors town square. As you and everyone else walk around in confusion, you try to leave, but find you cannot. Than from the skies, a large dark figure is forming from nowhere.....
You and everyone else are now locked onto this dark, strange, evil creature as it also forms a giant robe and hood around its dark body.
It speaks: "All players, welcome to SAO, welcome to my world, as of this moment, and I am the one person who has complete control of this world. Most of you know me better as, Kayaba Akihiko. Some, if not all of you have noticed that there is not an option to log out. I will say this now, it is not a bug or an error, this is deliberate. I repeat: this is deliberate. For it is a feature of SAO!"
You and everyone else around you, are in utter shock.... The figure claiming to be the creator of this world continues.
"The Nerve Gear has also been adjusted. If your character in the game is to die, your brain in the real world will be fried by the Nerve Gear, causing immediate death within seconds. Any attempt for the Nerve Gear to be removed from a player in anyway, will also result in the same outcome. An estimate of about 200 deaths have already occurred on the other side as a result of ignoring this warning. So remember; there is no way for you or anyone else to log you out by any means. "
Most of the people around you including yourself can not believe what is happening, this thing can't be serious.... Though he is when news article after news broadcast begins to appear all around you and everyone else in the sky, stating the deaths of players using Nerve Gear inside SAO. What this thing is saying is true. People still don't believe it and begin to scream into the sky in anger, and fear.
"There is hope for you all. If you, or just one of you are able to conquer all 100 floors of this fortress, you all will be given the ability to log out and leave this world forever. Prepare yourselves.... it will not be easy, i assure you. Good Bye, and good luck."
As Just like that.... as quick as he came, he is gone within the sky, his body vaporizing. The inability to leave the square has been lifted. You look around, people don't know what else to do, but scream into the sky with all the anger they can muster. Others cannot accept this, some already begin to slowly go insane.... Your even having trouble accepting this.... But as time will go on, you and all other 10,000 players will begin to get it together, and get it going slowly....

It's only been a week since then, yet about a total of 500 players have already died. What are you doing right now? Are you fighting monsters , doing a quest, doing whatever you can to reach the strongest you can be for now to clear the first floor with others? Have you made any friends yet? Or are you on your own, coping with the world, and getting comfy with a house, and just living normally?

This RP is medieval fantasy orientated. Swords, axes, lances, shields, maces, daggers, NO MAGIC OR BOWS AND ARROWS. Sorry but i will stick this as it originally did lol. Instead you are able to execute sword skills. An attack that can either deal a massive amount of damage, or cause a series of attacks in a combo based off your preference. There are no classes, just a preferred play style.

Rules:
-Only allowing one character per person.
-No god-modding, you should know that lol
-at least 3 lines per post you make
-unsure about if there will be a posting order, will see if needed depending on how many people join
-not having a definite number to close the applications on
-If you wish to team up (partying up, or creating a guild) upon the start of the RP you may discuss so within the OOC or in PM's (If you Pm this, please let me know)
-No controlling other peoples characters
-I am the game manager, so basically i am controlling the MMO as well. Well.. only during big battles for boss names and things like such really :P

That is all :D here is what the application should look like
This is mine btw

Character Name: Sinclair

Description of how you character looks (Link optional): http://imgur.com/TlpVE

Current Level: 10 (level capping characters at 13 for the first floor)

Primary weapon: Heavy Lance

Sword Skill Name: The Bee

Sword skill attribute: Causes double the damage output in one strike. 

Equipment: Lightweight leather chest armor, along with iron shoulder armor and iron gauntlets.

Play style: Made to be to quick on me feet, while doing my best to deal heavy amounts of damage quickly: "Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee"

Personality: I like to keep to myself, and just get done what needs to get done, not looking to mess around or slack off. Do your best to keep up with me, or stay out of my way. Simple as that.

Background: Saving that later into the story hehe, do so also if you wish.

Party Preference: Looking to see if anyone wants to party up, upon start up ^_^ lemme know though here or pm.

Any questions, feel free to ask.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 07:08:49 PM by Haxor »
Mavericks are a blight of the world, and its my job to eradicate them.

Sona done by: lock-wolf.tumblr.com/

Offline Haxor

• Maverick Hunter
  • Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Is that all you got?
    • Awards
Re: Sword Art Online: OOC (Open)
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 07:11:50 PM »
just bumping this thread at least one to see if any1 is gonna be interested :P

Offline FurryJunky

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Saber Cat
    • Awards
  • Species: Feline
  • Coloring: Light tan
  • Height: 6' 1"
  • Weight: 380Lbs (with armor)
  • Build: Built to kill
  • Currently: FEELING GREAT!
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 08:07:39 PM »
I think I have seen the show your talking about but before I get committed in an RP like this. But first a few questions:

Is there going to be a Dungeon and Dragon's type of set up for combat, or normal?
Are there going to be stats or a level up method, or just general experience we accumulate.
The "Sword Skill Name" and "Sword skill attribute". Do we make up our own and describe them orrr... what?
Last one, Is this an open world where the terrain goes on forever. Or themes on every floor?
  • Avatar by: ~dcwj @ deviantart.com

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

A Game of Thrones-I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men.

Offline Haxor

• Maverick Hunter
  • Chatty Cheetah
  • Is that all you got?
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 12:45:15 AM »
I think I have seen the show your talking about but before I get committed in an RP like this. But first a few questions:

Is there going to be a Dungeon and Dragon's type of set up for combat, or normal?
Are there going to be stats or a level up method, or just general experience we accumulate.
The "Sword Skill Name" and "Sword skill attribute". Do we make up our own and describe them orrr... what?
Last one, Is this an open world where the terrain goes on forever. Or themes on every floor?

As much as i would like to go all out with this rp, i would rather keep every as simple as possible lol.
Anyway your questions in order:
Combat will be normal.
Stats and very small details as such, i would rather not have to worry about, but we will keep it with it something like this, if others are ok with it like this, i can announce during the rp (as being a notification icon for small things like such) that you have leveled up when i would think it is appropriate. (no i wont op myself with this i promise)
Sword Skills: with this rp you choose one SWORD skill that will best fit the play style for the entire thing. You name it, and describe it yes. Also, with SKILLS in general, there will be ones that exist in here that vary upon practical uses, to even more combat uses. Practical being things like cooking, smithing, etc. And combat uses such as: sneak, detection, agility etc. But combat skills cater to your play style and won't need stat tracking, just think of it as; when I decide you level up, everything will move up with you appropriately.
Last are the floors. To each floor there is the general open area, which are all themed, and a total of 3 dungeons. 2 dungeons that fit to the theme of each floor, and the main dungeon that must be entered to clear the current floor. As well as 2 towns per floor for quest taking, merchants, Inns, etc.

Hope i answered everything clearly enough, anything else just ask away.