The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: XBOX 360/ PS3 Games.  (Read 1164 times)

Offline Zane_ticytacs

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Fossa
  • Coloring: Orange and Brown
XBOX 360/ PS3 Games.
« on: September 17, 2012, 02:07:50 AM »
Alright everyone I need some help.

I am very seriously considering buying an XBOX 360 or a PS3.

1st. I am not sure which system I should get... I have only had a Sega Genesis and there was a PS2 in my house that I used for a couple of games but not much.

2nd. Because I was so limited I haven't had the chance to play many games so I am not sure what games I should get when I buy one. I would hate to spend all that money on something I will hate.

So I am looking for suggestions on what games are excellent.
Games that I have loved in the past are:
Kingdom Hearts
God of War
Sonic
Pac-Man
Destroy All Humans
Star Wars Battle Front (I think that is what it was called)
I really loved playing Super Mario World when ever I visited my grandparents.

Um... That's all I can think of off the top of my head.
So any suggestions on what system I should get and what games??

Thanks.  :D

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
Re: XBOX 360/ PS3 Games.
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 04:56:22 AM »
They each have their pros and cons.

Xbox 360 is preferable if you're looking for multiplayer games and if you're interested in a lot of first person shooters. The Xbox's notable exclusive games are things like Halo, Gears of War, and Left 4 Dead. The online multiplayer service requires paying for a subscription.

PS3 is better for people who prefer single player or action/adventure/RPG kind of games. They have some really excellent exclusives, like the Uncharted series, Heavy Rain, and the God of War series. Having a built-in blu ray player can be a notable plus. The online multiplayer service is free.

If you're interested in getting into motion-controlled gaming at all, the 360's Kinect system is far superior to both the Wii and PS3 Move.

The Xbox system is usually a little cheaper than the PS3, if that matters. There's usually about a $100 difference at most, and it can vary depending on the size of the hard drive you want (or any other additional included features).

If you're unsure about what size of hard drive you want, it may be helpful to know what it's used for. Not only is the console's hard drive used for storing game save files and other information, but it also will hold any games, music, movies, pictures, etc. that you want to download to your system. If you plan to store a lot of movies and things like that on your system, you'll definitely want more storage. If you only want to use your system to play games, a smaller amount of storage space would probably be fine.

I have a PS3 myself, and I love it. I've also briefly used both the Wii and 360, and from what I know about them, they're both good systems as well. It just depends on what you want as a gamer.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.