The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Going to college...  (Read 1251 times)

Offline MattJF15

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Feline- Cat (domestic)
Going to college...
« on: September 05, 2012, 02:51:19 AM »
Nicholas Hemming, a frost tabby cat, padded through the alleys of  Furrycity. He looked for a way of transport. He was on his way to college. He finally found the United bus station. He read the bus number. He had a little to wait to the next bus would come. He sat on the covered bench in the dark. He heard someone come up and hid around the post, but he found himself face to face with a dark red fox. He met eyes with the bigger form. He stiffled up a whimper. He saw the look of hunger, and thirst in his eyes. He turned and walked on the bus as it arive. He sat ibn a bus seat. The fox sat across from him. "What brings you to these parts. You don;t look ike the big city type, gesting to the tom. He shook his head, "Not really..." the fox gave him a bone chilling feeling go up him spine.
   The fox went mellow. He leaned over, "Where you going?" he asked with a soft voice. Nicholas looked at the paper to be sure. "Um... Lice B. Gon's Univerity." he said slowly reading it off. His pale green eyes skimmed the sheet.

The fox's stomach growled and he reached in his large bag and grabbed a family sized bag of chips. Nicolas wanted to change seats. The fox smiled, "I'm going there too. You know, we might end up being good friends..." he said to the feline. The street light flashed the window. He looked over at the fox as is ate. He noticed the fox's features. He was very obese, most likely weighing 500 pr more pounds. He wore a pair of slacks, an indiscrete white jacket and a large duffle bag. His brick red fur looked like a fainst shadow of red in the dark. His belly covered to his knees. The fox looked the tom cat over too. He looked at the deep features. The tom cat was slim, maybe a little of fat on his belly. None noticeable. Nicholas' light silver fur glisned like snow. The tabby out line of his fur was appearent. His light blue tee- shirt and black sweat pants. He only had those clothes. In his bag was 500 dollars, a camera, laptop, phone, and a book. He kept it on his side. The fox had crumb on his belly and face and licked it off. He looked at him.

The ride was unbearable with the rock hard seats and the bumbs. It was not idea. When they exitted the bus, the walked to the main building. He tapped on someone's shoulder for help. No body answered so he looked for a professer and asked him, "Where are the dorms." He was directed to the largest building. He sighed. He decided that the fox wasn;'t a bad guy. He realized that moment that he didn't even know his name! He turned to him, "I didn't catch you name. I am Nicholas.. Nicholas Hemming... you?" he asked him. The fox didn't hesitate a second, "I am Hareken (hair-can)" he smiled, "Where is your dorm?" he asked. He looked at his  dorm. "Mine is 8943..." he said to the feline. He said, "Um..... .... I think it is 8967..." he remembered.
"Do we really have to go the high up all the time?" he mused. He looked for a lift, elevator, escalator... something! Nothing was there to use. "Lets see...2 flights pur floor.... 16 flights?!" he yelled. He moaned and started walking up. He go 5 floors and dropped, lucky there was a restraunt there, It was cheap too. The sevrd everything there and more. He helped his friend up and led him  to a seat. "I think you need to rest..." he said, letting a mrow of laughter. He ordered a soda and a coffe. He drank the soda and gave the coffee cup to him. He drank it all. Soon he was ok walk a flight more. Which was lucky, because it was the floor their dorm s were on. Hareken panted heavily when they made it, He entered his dorm room, waking the dog in it. He said goodbye and went to dorm and put his stuff down. The dorm mate was asleep in a ball on his bunk. He lookr on Furbook and checked emails. Nicholas shut it off and went to the cafeteria.

He sat at a table, empty. A blood hound, stereo typical dog that hunted cats. He growled. He got up and went to an empty table. A rabbit sat with a book.She waved at him friendly like. He waved back. She looked at his with sweet eyes, "You new?" she asked. He said, "
Yes," as a lizard sat down. He was new here too. Eventually a goat and a grizzly bear sat at the table and they all got aquainted. The rabbit's name is Celeste. The lizard's name is Clofix. The bear's name is Fera. Lastly, ther goat's name was Zache. Hareken joined them a few seconds late he shot a look at the cat again. The look said, 'Hello! Nice to see you again. I really like you.' Nicholas was eating a small biscuit with a glass of milk. He finished it. The lizard ate a grass hopper from his bag.  Fera slept on the table. Nicholas looked at everyone. He saw Hareken, he was eating a lot of food. he ate 3 trays worth of food, if not more.

Nicholas smiled at everyone.

This year wouldn't be too bad after all.

Offline Christine & Lyisa

• Avid Aardvark
  • Double the fur; double the fun
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Domestic cat/White tiger
  • Coloring: Bronze, darker bronze, white/White, dark brown
  • Height: 9"10/9"8
  • Weight: 115/127
  • Build: Curvy, lean/Athletic, lithe
  • Currently: We're baaaaaack!
Re: Going to college...
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 01:17:25 AM »
A bronze tabby came around the corner and sat at their table. "Hi, guys!" she exclaimed enthusiastically, pushing her blonde bangs back out of her face. Her one red streak of hair just swung back in front of her eyes, but she didn't try to move it again. She leaned forward, towards the rabbit,  just a little too close for comfort. Her outgoing personality just screamed 'extrovert.' "Celeste, right? I think you were in one of my classes last semester!"
Christine - red
Lyisa - blue

Offline MattJF15

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: Feline- Cat (domestic)
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 02:58:54 AM »
As the other's talked, Celeste turned her head. "Oh! Yes, I remember!" The rabbit was a prep, she could be mean, and she was rich. Her smile said she was friendly, her eyes screamed, "DIE!" The lizard looked at her.

Offline Christine & Lyisa

• Avid Aardvark
  • Double the fur; double the fun
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Domestic cat/White tiger
  • Coloring: Bronze, darker bronze, white/White, dark brown
  • Height: 9"10/9"8
  • Weight: 115/127
  • Build: Curvy, lean/Athletic, lithe
  • Currently: We're baaaaaack!
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2012, 02:32:35 PM »
The cat shrank back slightly from Celeste's intimidating stare. "Ha ha. Yeah," she chuckled, not knowing what else to say. She looked at the others, including Nicholas. "Um, my name is Christine. And you guys are...?"
Christine - red
Lyisa - blue