The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Abuse reports and furkinis  (Read 1710 times)

ephemral

Abuse reports and furkinis
« on: July 03, 2007, 03:04:30 PM »
Last night during a seemingly innocent chat with a 13 year old female avatar she filed an abuse report against me.
 ??? I received the abuse report during our chat. The only thing I can think of was that she thought my avatar was
inappropriate, what with me having on my panda skin and panda bikini on at the same time.
But ....Buggs Bunny doesn't wear pants and a Ken doll, a toy for little girls, is more anatomically correct  than that bobble headed
thing IMVU calls an avatar. What do you all think about furkinis and their matching skins?

Here's the conversation just so you can check for yourself.
ephemral: Hi.
Guest_sosexy1994: hey
Guest_sosexy1994: i got a ?
Guest_sosexy1994: asl
ephemral: ok.
Guest_sosexy1994: and 1 more
Guest_sosexy1994: 2 more actully
ephemral: I\'m not verry familiar with americn sign language.
Guest_sosexy1994: lol
Guest_sosexy1994: me to
ephemral: 26
ephemral: male
ephemral: Georgia.
Guest_sosexy1994: cool
Guest_sosexy1994: and
Guest_sosexy1994: add me
ephemral: But you could have just visited my page.
Guest_sosexy1994: ture
Guest_sosexy1994: true
Guest_sosexy1994: add me
ephemral: you\'re 13.
ephemral: too younge.
Guest_sosexy1994: i just
Guest_sosexy1994: ...
Guest_sosexy1994: truned 14
Guest_sosexy1994: i need to learn
ephemral: If I knew you I might.
Guest_sosexy1994: so could u help me
ephemral: learn what?
Guest_sosexy1994: add me firdt
Guest_sosexy1994: first**
Guest_sosexy1994: and i will tell u
Guest_sosexy1994: wat is NumNumNum
ephemral: ok, I\'ll add you, but I might not keep you on my list for long...
Guest_sosexy1994: i wont eather
Guest_sosexy1994: ur too old
Guest_sosexy1994: lol
Guest_sosexy1994: jk
ephemral: I added you.
ephemral: So what is it?
Guest_sosexy1994: wat is NumNumNum
ephemral: An onamonapia?
Guest_sosexy1994: no
Guest_sosexy1994: NumNumNum
Guest_sosexy1994: /numnumnum
Guest_sosexy1994: its under flirt
ephemral: oh, that...
ephemral: I\'m not doing that on you....
Guest_sosexy1994: i no
Guest_sosexy1994: eww
Guest_sosexy1994: but wayt is it though
Guest_sosexy1994: wat**
ephemral: It\'s restricted is what it is.
Guest_sosexy1994: tell me now

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
Re: Abuse reports and furkinis
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 05:43:47 PM »
I saw the skin, I saw the bikini sets (was planning on gifting a friend of mine with the bikini's... unsure on if I should have or not). She doesn't really have a substantial claim on one item nor the other. As for the combination of the two, that shouldn't matter to IMVU because if someone combined two items together in looks, it is not in fault of the developer(s if more than one dev's work) in question... it is the user of those items that should have been reported.

As for what she was doing... you could have easily reported her for doing that. She was attempting to use an AP-restricted action without having an Access Pass in the first place. So, I say you should have nothing to fear, but alas... time will tell.

ephemral

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 05:49:45 PM »
So, you're saying you feel wearing both of them together is a no no in front of minors?

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 05:57:24 PM »
By IMVU standards, she still has no claim with both item either. The bikini itself doesn't 'show' anything at all, so how can she even substantiate that both the panda items together are a 'no-no'? If she can prove that, then I'll stand down... otherwise, I'm on your side for this.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007, 06:08:23 PM »
Yes, I agree with you Eph, the combination of the skin and furkini is fine. It does not show anything; therefore it should be fine.

ephemral

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2007, 06:22:55 PM »
meh..... teenagers. :snicker:

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2007, 06:25:51 PM »
Thnking on it... what's the original meaning on the red "Jolly Roger" I see on alot of individuals who are "taking a stand on Developer Equality" and how did it get started?

ephemral

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2007, 06:42:45 PM »
I think that has to do something with them removing unsuitable items from people's inventory.
But nothing to do with this thread. :p

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2007, 06:50:09 PM »
Oh... sorry, thought it might have something to go along with what's going on here.

ephemral

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2007, 10:44:48 PM »
I just made sure there was no nipple shading left on mine and took down my previous preview images just incase.

airraiser

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2007, 10:56:19 PM »
Okay I read the conversation, ummm what on earth was she saying? And demanding little bugger. Personaly I would have blocked her the moment she said add me. But meh thats just me.

Offline cybercat

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Please check out my DA Gallery!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • http://lady-cybercat.deviantart.com
    • Awards
  • Species: Caracal
  • Coloring: Sandy
  • Height: 5'5
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2007, 04:35:45 AM »
It sounds like she reported you just because she's a twink.  Some people think it's funny (because they are stupid) to abuse the report system for no good reason.

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2007, 09:49:41 AM »
I think furkinis are fine. Of course, I wouldn't have made my if I thought otherwise.  :P IMVU avatars are nothing more than glorified cartoons, and furry cartoons are often shown sans clothing. I also agree Razi gave some very reasonable rules concerning their "showiness." You should just be careful and never ever give the impression that you made the furkini specifically to sneak around the AP restrictions.

As for that girl... She's one of those kinds of people that keeps me away from Chat Now.  :twitch: She was harassing you, not the other way around.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.