The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Anyone interested in some Serious RP? Suggestions  (Read 4485 times)

Offline FurryJunky

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Saber Cat
    • Awards
  • Species: Feline
  • Coloring: Light tan
  • Height: 6' 1"
  • Weight: 380Lbs (with armor)
  • Build: Built to kill
  • Currently: FEELING GREAT!
Re: Anyone interested in some Serious RP? Suggestions
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2012, 09:32:49 PM »
We can still do the others if more people are interested.
  • Avatar by: ~dcwj @ deviantart.com

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

A Game of Thrones-I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men.

Offline ST-84 Sahelanthropus

• Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • BetrayerOfNihil
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Nanotech Robot
  • Height: Usually 7ft, up to 50ft
  • Currently: A weapon to surpass... well, everything.
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2012, 03:11:02 AM »
@BetrayerOfNihil
Mass Effect: I was thinking about making an Asari Ardat-Yakshi.

Avatar: I'd rather prefer a pre-human setting or humans just arriving. More importance to the Na'vi culture and Pandora!
Is it possible to be more brutal than Quaritch?!

Mass Effect: Ohhh nooo... :P
I hope we'll be traveling with Commander Shepard, but perhaps not really interacting with him too much so we don't possibly bother anyone with his personality and every little choice he makes. I wouldn't mind, but some might, it depends I guess. Of course I think giving him an alignment and a selection of primary choices along the way is a good idea, we just have to decide which choices he made. I'm fine with Shepard being male or female, either's okay with me. My characters will be people Shepard recruited for the mission to stop Saren in Mass Effect, find and destroy the Collectors in Mass Effect 2, and wage the war against the Reapers in Mass Effect 3. They'll be of varying species, classes, and alignments, but I'll only pick one or two them, as previously stated. I'll decide that when the RP comes along.

Avatar: Alright. I won't jump in and force this new development if it's not in the right timeframe.
And yes, it is. Ted's younger, bolder, stronger, tougher, highly Anarchistic, excessively cruel and unconventional in combat, prejudiced against Na'vi and everything else native to Pandora, vengeful over the defeat of SecOps, a wanted criminal and terrorist, and legally psychopathic. He's also not part of SecOps, but convinced a lot of them as well as other pirate and mercenary groups to join him in his raid. He's trained himself to do battle with Na'vi warriors in single unarmed combat, although carries with him a variety of old guns with new tech in the event he has to shoot something.

And about the Medieval RP... I might be interested if I'm not too occupied with other RPs or other things. It sounds interesting, and I have several characters that would fit the timeframe. Just got to pick again, although I want to try out my wingless Desert Dragon Paladin, Gardus Val'edrach.

Offline Shapeshifter

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • only one of my forms... the Thel
    • DeviantArt
    • Roleplay Forum
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter
  • Coloring: varies
  • Height: varies
  • Weight: varies
  • Build: varies
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2012, 07:33:56 AM »
@BetrayerOfNihil

Mass Effect: Oh yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessss!!! :D
Ya, we should play around Shepard but nobody should be Shepard. Sounds all good to me!

O........ k...... o.O

All right, I'd suggest we start to create a char sheet for the Medieval RP.
  • Avatar by: Captain Laura Parkins, Avatar by TheWhiteKitsune
Shapeshifter

Offline FurryJunky

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Saber Cat
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2012, 12:32:56 PM »
Mass Effect: That's a really good idea.... Would we be playing main characters or make new characters that get recruited Along the way?

A Game of Thrones-I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men.

• Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • BetrayerOfNihil
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2012, 02:33:19 PM »
Mass Effect: Oh yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessss!!! :D
Ya, we should play around Shepard but nobody should be Shepard. Sounds all good to me!

O........ k......

Mass Effect: Four examples of characters I've got are a Paragon Engineer named Rebecca Slauson, a Paragade (75% Paragon, 25% Renegade) Soldier named Frank Keegan, Renegon (Flipped alignment of Paragade) Infiltrator named Joanna Keegan, and Renegade Vanguard named Ted Emerson. Those are my standard Mass Effect characters, and I have some others who aren't Human, so I can fill in any niche needed very easily.

Avatar: Hehehe, well you did ask how he could possibly be worse that Quaritch. "Give me fuel, give me fire, give me that which I desire!"

Offline Colioli4

• Dancing Dragon
  • One furry for all, all furries for one!!!!!
    • Awards
  • Species: Husky (And part Vulpix/ part Mew: Internet does not lie!!!)
  • Coloring: black and white (more black than white)
  • Height: 1,80 meter
  • Weight: 65 kilo's
  • Build: Lean, stealthy
  • Currently: I haz returnd to ze Forums!!! Hello everyone, and nice to meet ya all!!!
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2012, 05:01:17 PM »
4, mass effect, 5, medieval, and 8, Avatar are in my oppinion AWESOME ideas for Roleplays. Mass Effect just because I love Sci-fi, and Star Wars is great, but a little cliche.
Medieval because you can make great Roleplays out of it, ranging from Massive battles to questing travellers. And Avatar, just because ITS MY FAVORITE MOVIE!!!!!!! LOVE IT!!!!! WE NEED A RP OF IT :D :D :D
  • Avatar by: No avatar found yet... Anyone??? :?

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army.

Offline FurryJunky

• Gregarious Gnu
  • Saber Cat
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2012, 05:44:41 PM »
Well everyone is ok with Mass Effect, Medieval, and Avatar, we just need story lines for each and then vote! ^_^

Offline Shapeshifter

• Avid Aardvark
    • DeviantArt
    • Roleplay Forum
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2012, 10:26:54 PM »
Sorry about the delay but the last few days were busy for me and now I have to go to bed.
I'll reply to your posts tomorrow!

*yawns* Night!

Post Merge: September 02, 2012, 10:48:55 AM
@ FurryJunky: Do you have a char sheet for possible medieval characters?

Mass Effect: Which part should we take as a basis? 1, 2 or 3?

As we said... without military.
Before the invasion and shortly before scientists arrive. We build their arrival into our story line.
I would like to play an Ikran for the 'Ikran people of the Eastern Sea' + a Na'vi that has nothing to do with my Ikran. :D
As for a story line... we have to keep in mind that Na'vi don't have war among each other since they are so in tune with each other, the world, nature and everything.

Medidval: I thought we'd take FurryJunky's suggestion for a story line

Mass Effect Char Sheet (suggestion, open for debate)

Last name:
First name:
Species:
Appearance:
Clothes:
Job:
Class:
Weapons:
Armor:
Talents:
Dossier:
Personal assignment: (like Garrus tracking down a criminal, Thane as Assassin and so on)

Avatar Char Sheet (suggestion, open for debate)

Name:
Family: (father, mother, siblings)
Species:
Clan: if Na'vi
Weapon: if Na'vi
Clothes:
Appearance:
Banshee: if Na'vi
Loyalty: usually clan
Biography:
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 10:48:55 AM by Shapeshifter, Reason: Merged DoublePost »
Shapeshifter

Offline Colioli4

• Dancing Dragon
    • Awards
  • Currently: I haz returnd to ze Forums!!! Hello everyone, and nice to meet ya all!!!
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2012, 11:20:28 AM »
Mass Effect:
Last name: Asdidian
First name: Devan
Species: Thurian                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Appearance: Thurian male ( ;) ), Black/Darkgreen scales
Clothes: Wears Armor (see: Armor)
Job: C-Sec Spectre
Class: Thurian Biotic
Weapons: Phaeston Assault Rifle, M-11 Wraith Shotgun, Krysae Sniper Rifle      (For all, see Mass Effect Wiki - Weapons)
Armor: Medium Partisan/Skirmish Armor.       (See Mass Effect Wiki -Armor)                                                                                                                                                                                                          Talents: Able to use Biotic Powers to throw or fling enemies, defeat gravity to let them suspend helplessy into the air, etc (more info: Mass Effect Wiki)
Dossier: Born in one of the larger families of the Turians, Devan was quickly discovered to be an extremely good soldier, and blessed with Biotic powers too. He is finishes militairy accademy at a young age, and is since C-Sec Spectre on the Citadel.
Personal assignment: Fight the criminal Organizations (Blue Suns, The Blood Pack, Eclipse)

The Mass Effect 2 & 3 are useable for a RP. In my opinion, 3 is even better, for it has multiple ways to grow a story, and not just 'Fight the Collectors', but now 'Save Earth', 'Defeat (a) Reaper(s)', 'Fight Cerberus', etc. And seriously, for information on the genre, look up 'Mass Effect wiki' on google.

Name: Ita'rane (Lonely Wind)
Family: Little brother called Isma (Full Moon), no parents anymore.
Species: Na'vi
Clan: Horseriders of the Northern Planes
Weapon: His Fathers Staff, Ikran-bone bow.
Clothes: Na'vi cloths, bone shoulder protectors
Appearance: Just an average Na'vi youth,
Banshee (Or Direhorse???): No, a personal Direhorse named At'ames (Faster than anything)
Loyalty: Riders of the Northern Planes, and Isma, his brother.
Biography: Born into the great Northern planes clan, Ita'rane (Ita) lived in peace for a long time. When both his parents were killed in a animal rampage started by a flaming thing falling out of the sky, Ita vowed to protect his brother, whatever the cost. His skill on his Direhorse At'ames made him a good young hunter, able to provide food for his brother and the Clan. Now, a new stage in the history of the Na'vi is about to commence. Strange lights can be seen high up in the skies, higher than any Ikran can fly.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 02:02:51 PM by Colioli4 »

• Yellow Yak
  • BetrayerOfNihil
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2012, 02:09:17 PM »
I'm sorry everyone, but I've forgotten something that has kept me from RPing on message boards for a very long time. I can't set up applications without my own art. I'm tired of typing long-winded descriptions of my characters, and really would rather not use images for references. Show a picture of a man to a thousand people, and they all get the same idea. Show a page of text telling what the man looks like to a thousand people, and you get a thousand different interpretations. I don't like that.

It was fun to consider and discuss it, at least...

Offline Shapeshifter

• Avid Aardvark
    • DeviantArt
    • Roleplay Forum
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2012, 05:23:28 PM »
I'm sorry everyone, but I've forgotten something that has kept me from RPing on message boards for a very long time. I can't set up applications without my own art. I'm tired of typing long-winded descriptions of my characters, and really would rather not use images for references. Show a picture of a man to a thousand people, and they all get the same idea. Show a page of text telling what the man looks like to a thousand people, and you get a thousand different interpretations. I don't like that.

It was fun to consider and discuss it, at least...

*sighs and makes a sad face* where DO you RP?
Shapeshifter

Offline FurryJunky

• Gregarious Gnu
  • Saber Cat
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2012, 07:47:55 PM »
Last name:None
First name:Arch
Species:Geth
Appearance:Normel  Geth look with a green projector instead of the normal teal with various dents, scorch marks, and bullet holes on the outer shell.
Clothes:None
Job:None
Class:Infiltrator
Weapons:Javalian and M-12 Locust with Heat Sinks
Armor: Standard Geth outer shell
Talents:Integrated weapons Vasily increasing weapon effectiveness
Dossier:After a recent Quarian attack on a scouting party "Arch" crashed landed in his fighter on the planet Sur'Kesh Homeworld of the Salarians. There he has resided desperately trying to fix his ship to get off of the planet, but his recent attempts are starting to draw attention from the Salarians who inhabit the world.
Personal assignment:Unknown

I'm new to RPing so if I missed somethine or need to add more, please tell me, Ill come up with a Na'vi Char sheet in a little

• Yellow Yak
  • BetrayerOfNihil
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2012, 02:37:06 AM »
*sighs and makes a sad face* where DO you RP?

Chat with friends, who I don't have to make applications for.

I really got my hopes up on this, but once I got to the part where I had to type in my character's appearance, knowing that so many people can just link to one of their drawings, and I can't... I just quit. Forum RPs need applications, it's not your fault for making it. It's my fault for being incompetent in art, and being unwilling to write things that are left to interpretation. Maybe some other time, I don't know...

Offline Shapeshifter

• Avid Aardvark
    • DeviantArt
    • Roleplay Forum
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2012, 04:24:00 PM »
@BetrayerOfNihil: I can't draw either! But I try to describe whag I have in mind for the character...

Btw... here are mine:

Mass Effect

Last name: N/A
First name: Kadara
Species: Asari
Clothes: White armor and so on (see ME wiki -› Samara for reference)
Appearance: purple skin, dark blue eyes
Job/Class: Asari justicar/Biotic
Weapons: M-12 Locust, M-15 Vindicator
Talents: Throw, Pull, Asari justicar
Dossier: Kadara's Maiden Phase was quiet and uneventful spent studying and with science until she met her mate at the age of 250. They had 4 daughters and lived a quiet life on Thessia. When her mate had to do business on Omega they all joined her and it cost the lives if her mate and two of her daughters.
From that day she trained her already existing biotic powers for combat and learned how to use Submachine Guns and Assault Rifles.
She became a justicar and is trying to track the murderers of half of her family aside from her usual duties.
Personal assignment: see above

Name: Lateya
Family: Mother: Takeya, Father: Lo'at, Sister: Mereya, Brother: Kolat
Species: Na'vi
Clan: Mawey Clan
Weapons: Bow Banshee/Hunting, Hunting Knife
Clothes: slight bra of dark brown leather, slip of the same leather both with feathers of different colors, Ceremonies: adorned with feathers and parts of luminescent flowers, Flight: green breeches
Armor: headdress from leather with banshee teeth, one over the bridge of her nose, thick leather bra and slip, breastplate from wood, harness for the hunting knife
Appearance: light green eyes, hair shaved at the sides and held back in a long braid by leather bands and decorated with feathers, dark blue skin with even darker stripes, tall and slender like all Na'vi, triangular soft cat-like face
Ikran: Rawke, Forest Banshee, red with fire-like and black markings (not Toruk)
Loyalty: Mawey Clan
Biography:
Lateya is a true Na'vi born to the Mawey Clan which is located near the Hanging Gardens but opposite the Omaticaya Clan. Their Hometree is like any other on Pandora which was in their clan for generations.
Growing up Lateya learned to hunt with the bow and knife as usual in their clan and to ride direhorses.
When her teachers thought she was ready at the age of 15 she went through the Iknimaya. It was a tough fight after the red Ikran with fire-like and black markings chose her but she was able to make the Tsaheylu in time. Lateya and Rawke were inseperable since then.
With this and her ceremony she was born a second time as a true Mawey.
After becoming an Ikran Makto she helped hunt for food in the clan after constructing her own Banshee Queue Harness.
At the moment an angry, injured Thanator is making the life of the Mawey Clan hard.

2nd Avatar-Char

Name: None so far
Species: Ikran
Appearance: purple base with blue and darker purple markings, yellow eyes
Shapeshifter

Offline Colioli4

• Dancing Dragon
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2012, 06:24:19 PM »
I like all your characters people, although, Shapeshifter, an Asari is both male or female. ;) They can reproduce with ANY species in the galaxy, although if not mating with another Asari, the child will always be of the other species.

We should seriously think about starting an Avatar and/or a Mass Effect RP  XD
I really like both the ideas  ^_^
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 07:12:13 PM by Colioli4 »