The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: We're all dooooooomed!  (Read 21935 times)

Offline Aloneness

• Azure Wolf
  • Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Invalid Syntax Error
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Wolf
  • Height: [Anthro 5' 7"] [Farrel 3'2"]
  • Weight: [Anthro 119lbs] [Farrel 52lbs]
  • Build: Normal, Light
  • Currently: Getting on for no reason
Re: We're all dooooooomed!
« Reply #60 on: November 13, 2012, 03:53:27 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
I don't know too many of the specifics myself because Tweak has been working it out. But as far as I'm aware, we've already switched to the VPS which is $1000/year instead of the $2000/year for our original server. Switching to the VPS caused some concern about how it would affect forum performance, but overall it seems to be about the same. Based on the donations we received and the cheaper server cost, it should all be enough for the next year. If all goes as planned, we might even be able to jump over to better equipment before then.

We've been working on switching the server and dealing with the donation rewards from the Indiegogo campaign over the past couple weeks, so things have been busy. Sorry for the delay in an update.

So the short answer is: We're okay for now, thanks to you guys. :)

About the only performance issue that I've noticed since the switch is it says the server is under high stress a little bit more often then it use to. As well as if me and some other people get in a really fast posting frenzy say like the time me and someone else almost beat the current record on the VS Mods thread, where the thread was literally updating every maybe 5-15 seconds one of my other friends said the server was lagging and I started to notice that as well every now and then when refreshing the preview button to see if another person had posted so I could post my post. Other then that everything seems to be the same.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 03:57:23 AM by Aloneness »

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #61 on: November 13, 2012, 06:24:32 AM »
I personally haven't noticed any difference :P
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Nrein

• The Master of Speechcraft
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
  • As the humans say, "The truth will out!"
    • Awards
  • Species: Dewott
  • Currently: Needing a Smoke, hardcore.
« Reply #62 on: November 13, 2012, 06:26:57 AM »
I can't say I've seen any difference except for five instances of "502/503". And that it's $1000 cheaper, which still seems a bit more expensive. But then again, I've only ever gotten quotes on things like that, so I wouldn't know about final price  :|
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 03:42:51 PM by Nic »

Offline Estella-Surahn

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Little Creepy Girl in a Little Creepy World <3
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • BubbleGothPrincess
    • Awards
  • Species: Snow Leopard
  • Coloring: Pure white, normal black/brown pattern, ice blue eyes
  • Height: She is 5'1
  • Weight: She is 95 lbs
  • Build: Slim, but not skeleton like. Healthy
  • Currently: BubbleGoth-arific!
« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2013, 02:13:15 AM »
Hey, here's a good idea do a little Furry-Con. Where you live, have a WHOLE bunch of furries pay and hang out. Have food, merch, games, and more interactive stuff! Have Furries from EVERYWHERE try to come! Haha, that'd be amazing.
Feel it, breathe it, believe it, and you'll be walking on air. Go try, go fly, so high, and you'll be walking on air. You feel this, unless you kill this, go on and you're forgiven. I know that I could feel that, I feel like... I am walking on air <3

Offline Tweak

• Technical Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug
  • Rawr and such like.
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Black, gold and purple
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Dragon-y
  • Currently: Bleh.
« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2013, 04:54:22 AM »
It's always been in my plans to work something out for a big meet. Just the logistics of it is rather difficult.

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2013, 02:34:37 PM »
That and the fact that this forum has such a wide variety of members from all over the world.
Proud to be a furry!

Offline Estella-Surahn

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Little Creepy Girl in a Little Creepy World <3
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • BubbleGothPrincess
    • Awards
  • Species: Snow Leopard
  • Coloring: Pure white, normal black/brown pattern, ice blue eyes
  • Height: She is 5'1
  • Weight: She is 95 lbs
  • Build: Slim, but not skeleton like. Healthy
  • Currently: BubbleGoth-arific!
« Reply #66 on: April 12, 2013, 10:03:22 PM »
Yeah, good point. Maybe do a give away. Like a giveaway. Person to pay the biggest amount get a huge surprise :3... I dunno :/ just trying to help
Feel it, breathe it, believe it, and you'll be walking on air. Go try, go fly, so high, and you'll be walking on air. You feel this, unless you kill this, go on and you're forgiven. I know that I could feel that, I feel like... I am walking on air <3

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #67 on: April 25, 2013, 09:13:26 AM »
Can we make a deal that if one of us manages  to get access to a ridiculous amount of money, we'll fund a TFF fur meet? XD
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline MrRazot

• Resident Nice-guy
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Marching onward on my Quest
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lanner Falcon
  • Coloring: Selection of Browns
  • Height: Aprx 180cm
  • Weight: Aprx 50kg
  • Currently: Well, it was a good run.
« Reply #68 on: April 25, 2013, 10:03:03 AM »
I can go with that

Offline Sparky15756

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster
  • A Wolf Amongst 'Roos
    • Fur Affinity
    • Twitter
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf and Lucario, no hybrid
  • Coloring: Wolf: Red 'n' Pink - Lucario: Red 'n' White (instead of Blue & Black)
  • Height: 5'' 7
  • Weight: 116lbs
  • Currently: Pondering the future demise
« Reply #69 on: April 25, 2013, 11:58:13 AM »
I've kinda done TFF meets before, albeit with three different members over the past four years? Meeple, Tyla-Cat (2009) and Kitt / Katka (2013). Though it's a shame that the former two aforementioned people have stopped contact with me for whatever reason >.>
With 955 characters for a signature, I can try make something funny or interesting but no, I'm just gonna sit here and type instead of going to work because breaking the fourth wall is more humour than trying to figure out how I'll get access to my other laptop; picking up my charger that I left at a friends house, around 40 miles away...

Good going Sparky, you did well. On the plus side, it's given you a chance to accidentally revisit some old stomping grounds and see what madness you can create during this seemingly temporarily return.

Offline Sparky15756

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster
  • A Wolf Amongst 'Roos
    • Fur Affinity
    • Twitter
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf and Lucario, no hybrid
  • Coloring: Wolf: Red 'n' Pink - Lucario: Red 'n' White (instead of Blue & Black)
  • Height: 5'' 7
  • Weight: 116lbs
  • Currently: Pondering the future demise
« Reply #70 on: April 26, 2013, 12:04:46 AM »
The only way we can do a furmeet is at a convention and even then it'd be small meets because the majority of people can't get to the same convention at once.
With 955 characters for a signature, I can try make something funny or interesting but no, I'm just gonna sit here and type instead of going to work because breaking the fourth wall is more humour than trying to figure out how I'll get access to my other laptop; picking up my charger that I left at a friends house, around 40 miles away...

Good going Sparky, you did well. On the plus side, it's given you a chance to accidentally revisit some old stomping grounds and see what madness you can create during this seemingly temporarily return.

Offline Eon_Guipagho

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Chaotic Evil means never having to say you're sry
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Ailurus Fulgens(Red Panda)
  • Coloring: Exactly like a Red Panda!
  • Currently: Installing OS X on my Mac for my bro.
« Reply #71 on: June 15, 2013, 03:59:23 PM »
If worse comes to worse I can setup a server here at my home as temporary.  I have several systems here at home and one I just retired earlier this year as an old gaming rig is perfect to run a Linux server.  That way, no VPS, just dedicated hardware that you have control of.  OR can use it as a back up system when this one goes down...which I have noticed quite a bit since joining this past week.

Just thought I'd put that out there. :)
Chaotic Evil means never having to say you're sorry.

Offline Dante Zairou

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Ora Pro Nobis Lucifer
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf
  • Coloring: Grey&white with black primary markings and purple secondary accent markings on arms , legs and back, dark purple eyes
  • Height: 7'4"
  • Build: Large, trim & muscular
  • Currently: Devouring souls
« Reply #72 on: November 16, 2015, 05:03:59 AM »
glad to see the dissapearance of tff never happened