The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: A Chance Meeting.  (Read 1791 times)

Offline ComradeConnor

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • The deepest blues are black...
    • Awards
  • Species: Silver Fox
  • Coloring: Fur that melts from White to grey, and has silver locks of hair.
  • Height: 5'11
  • Weight: 124lbs
  • Build: Tall, Lanky
A Chance Meeting.
« on: July 02, 2007, 04:42:10 AM »
I wrote this today, The story of how my mate and I met. My first actual go at writing a prper story so, creative criticism please. =3

A Chance Meeting

It was a dew-heavy morning; Connor woke up to the sounds of bird-songs and sunlight beaming through the entrance to his cave, He struggled to his feet, he was feeling extremely tired having been chased by human children the night before. With a huge yawn he stood up, stretched and rubbed his eyes with his paws, once he had finished stretching he took a walk outside.

As he proceeded outside he noticed something in the air, He took a sniff. ‘No, It can’t be…’ he thought to himself, he shrugged and moved on, He made his way to the freshwater spring near his cave and dipped his head under the water to clear his mind, And as he lifted his head he jumped back in surprise for he found himself staring into the eyes of a wolf.

The wolf didn’t seem to react to his surprise, Connor had not seen another fur for a long time, he chose his living spot on the fact that it was quite secluded and far from prying eyes and had not seen another soul for about a year, until now. He continued to stare at the stranger, what amazed him even more though was the fact that it was a she. Eventually the wolf spoke.

“Good Morning” she said in a clear, almost melodic voice.

Connor couldn’t take his eyes off her, though he managed to snap back to reality long enough to say something.

“Good Morning” he managed to stammer it out.

She regarded him carefully with her eyes, Taking in all him, His sleek silver fur, His pristine white flowing hair and his crystalline blue eyes.

“Are you okay?” she asked.
“Yes, It’s just I haven’t seen anyone else around here for a very long time”
“Oh?”
“I just needed a break away from the world, this was the perfect place”

He waved his paw around, indicating the dense foliage, and large rock formations which his home consisted of. As he did so, he watched the wolf; she had white fur, mottled with grey flecks and short white hair, her eyes were a vivid yellow and he immediately felt intimidated by her stare.

She felt his fear, and laughed to try and ease the mood before introducing herself.

“Sorry if I startled you, my name is Shelby”

The laugh that came from her soothed him slightly, He shook her paw, looking at her claws in doubt of her apparently friendly nature.

“My name is Connor, pleased to meet you”
“So Connor, You call this area your home?”
“Yes, it’s been home for almost a year now”

He scampered up to the top of a rock formation and basked in the sunlight; He looked down at the wolf and beckoned to her.

“Come on up! The view from here’s great!”

She climbed up after him and lay on a rock next to him, He was right, you could see all around you for miles on end.

“Wow…” she gasped at the sight.
“Told ya”

Connor seemed to be relaxed finally, and she was glad, foxes were known to become meals of wolves on occasions and she didn’t want him to think that she was going to eat him. Connor sat up against a warm rock and stretched out, he was still tired, the wolf came up and sat next to him, there was something about him she just couldn’t figure out, but whatever it was she liked it.

She began nudging closer to him, and eventually ended up resting her head on his chest and in the heat of the mid-day sun; she fell asleep in his arms. Connor didn’t really expect this, One minute he was day-dreaming about his past, and the next he had a wolf asleep in his arms. But for now he closed his eyes as well and drifted off to sleep.

He woke the next morning feeling well rested, yet hungry. It took him a while to notice that the wolf had disappeared, and when he finally did notice he felt rather disappointed that he hadn’t gotten to know her better, Slowly he made his way down and back to his cave, when all of a sudden he heard a splash. He turned around and found the wolf frolicking in the spring. He sat and watched her for a while, and then he called out.

“Morning!”
“Hey! How are you?”
“I’m great, I thought you’d gone and ditched me this morning”

The wolf looked slightly hurt as she stood in the water.

“I never leave without saying goodbye…”

The two stared at each other for a while, and then they both smiled and burst into laughter.
She splashed him with the freezing spring water, much to his annoyance, but he smiled and dived in himself, swimming after her playfully, he watched her carefully, picking out the perfect moment, and then pounced,
knocking her into the water, as he brought her up in his arms they both laughed like a couple of children, As they rose up together they looked at each other catching each others eyes, She moved closer to him, He looked away, as if embarrassed, she took his chin in her hand and turned his head to face her.

He found her gaze intoxicating; she brought his face closer and closer to hers, and finally their muzzles met, Connor felt as if he was floating, he had not experienced this type of contact for a very long time, Shelby felt the same way, It was if they were as one. The moment their muzzles met, the cares of each of them melted away like snow at the coming of spring.

They let go of each other and smiled, Shelby looked at Connor, who was now blushing. She took his paw and led him out of the water, she shook herself dry and Connor followed suit. She walked up to him and wrapped her arms around him, resting her head on his chest. He held her and stroked her head in the fading sunlight, their white fur glowed a deep orange as the sun went down.

He took her back to his cave, where they sat and talked about each others lives before they met. At the fall of night, they retired to the warmest part of the cave, nuzzling and petting each other as they drifted off to sleep in each others arms.

It may have happened a bit fast but I couldn't think of much else to put in so I decided to end it.

Never should have traded power for my own immortal soul.

- C. Vincent Metzen

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • "Break free of your chains and quell in fear"
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Feline-lupine hybrid with wings
  • Coloring: red and black
  • Height: 5'4
  • Weight: 126
  • Build: average
Re: A Chance Meeting.
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2007, 10:50:10 PM »
aww. conner, its still very cute. i luv it!!
-sammie.
I go by many names; Mistress of the Abandoned; King of the Shattered; Duchess of the Damned; Nightcatcher; and Dreamwatcher.
but I am untamed and therefor
Your Worst Nightmare
~~Dr. Stitches "Sahara" Strange~~ experiment from D13 -------->
Pet's name: A734RF50G
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

Offline ComradeConnor

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • The deepest blues are black...
    • Awards
  • Species: Silver Fox
  • Coloring: Fur that melts from White to grey, and has silver locks of hair.
  • Height: 5'11
  • Weight: 124lbs
  • Build: Tall, Lanky
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 05:14:53 AM »
Thanks sammie, I'm writing another about my fox fursona, It's about how he found his current family!

:)
Never should have traded power for my own immortal soul.

- C. Vincent Metzen

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • "Break free of your chains and quell in fear"
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Feline-lupine hybrid with wings
  • Coloring: red and black
  • Height: 5'4
  • Weight: 126
  • Build: average
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 11:36:00 AM »
AWESUM!!!
I go by many names; Mistress of the Abandoned; King of the Shattered; Duchess of the Damned; Nightcatcher; and Dreamwatcher.
but I am untamed and therefor
Your Worst Nightmare
~~Dr. Stitches "Sahara" Strange~~ experiment from D13 -------->
Pet's name: A734RF50G
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!