The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Consequences of Computerization  (Read 3964 times)

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
Re: The Consequences of Computerization
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2012, 12:05:37 PM »
Projections would be nice, but you wouldn't be able to communicate with someone on the other side of the world with such a matter. The idea of "what if there could be hackers" could be the same as the internet. Why use the internet because it's possible that there could be hackers that hack onto your computer and access your personal information? Why go bungee jumping when it's possible you could fall to your death? Why drive when you can get into a car accident and die? Everything has risks, but does the risk of a mind hack really outway the potential benefits of unlimited perceptions being  able to communicate at the same time?
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Nrein

• The Master of Speechcraft
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter
  • As the humans say, "The truth will out!"
    • Awards
  • Species: Dewott
  • Currently: Needing a Smoke, hardcore.
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2012, 12:21:08 PM »
Honestly, yes x.x;
I'm sorry, someone prying into my head for personal, legal information, like my SS or bank account info, that's just over the top "no" zone for me.
That kind of stuff I hardly have online right now, and that's only for my college stuff.

Offline Aloneness

• Azure Wolf
  • Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Invalid Syntax Error
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Wolf
  • Height: [Anthro 5' 7"] [Farrel 3'2"]
  • Weight: [Anthro 119lbs] [Farrel 52lbs]
  • Build: Normal, Light
  • Currently: Getting on for no reason
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2012, 06:08:51 AM »
My opinion is I don't wanna be brain linked to 8Billion + people ...

I'm shy, anti-social, etc. in Real life I don't need them in my head.

@Nic: So you care more about Identity info being stolen, from a hack instead of being turned into mindless zombie or sleeper agent to do the hacker bidding... ? XD

Offline Nrein

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2012, 12:03:54 PM »
Point being that I dont have to think that deep about it, to not want it =V

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2012, 12:15:46 PM »
Guys you're missing the fact that we would be able to know so much about each other!

There would be no such thing as miscommunication, if you had an idea you wouldn't have to explain it words you could just think it, if you were trying to explain something to someone you could just think it to them. You could contact anyone on any side of the planet at will. You could learn so fast by just having being able to directly connect to information. You could be almost omniscient with the potential of all the human knowledge ever made in existence inside your head.

Obviously this wouldn't all be inside your head at the same time, it would be similar to the internet. You would only connect to one person at a time, each connection would need to be authorized by both the sender and receiver just like a computer connecting to a website. Identity theft is ALREADY an issue, every time you post your credit card number online, or even not online and use it for a store, there is a chance someone could steal it. So if you're that scared of identity theft, don't go online or store any personal information on an electronic device.

The internet has done so much for humanity, what if we could have an even better internet that's works directly from our minds. Anytime, anyplace, more information than ever before.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Nrein

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2012, 12:24:27 PM »
Identity Theft was just the first, quickest example that came to mind, its not the only reason I wouldnt want someone tapping into my mind >.>

As far as people knowing a lot about me, I think I do well enough just by telling people, that I trust and am close to, about myself. And there are, in fact, plenty of things I dont want others, or certain people, to know about myself x.x

Point being, Im not saying its a bad idea, just one that I personally dont embrace. Sorry, its just my personal opinion =I

Offline Aloneness

• Azure Wolf
  • Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Invalid Syntax Error
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Wolf
  • Height: [Anthro 5' 7"] [Farrel 3'2"]
  • Weight: [Anthro 119lbs] [Farrel 52lbs]
  • Build: Normal, Light
  • Currently: Getting on for no reason
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2012, 08:06:31 PM »
I'm going to stay out of this round of OMG Computerization Topics Sorry v.v