The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Trans fur  (Read 1418 times)

Offline Millikitty

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Cougar/American short hair cat
  • Coloring: Black fur all over. The belly area is neron green and the underside of the tail is also neon green also the underside of my arms and inside of my legs
  • Height: 5'7
  • Weight: 130
  • Build: slim
  • Currently: Bored
Trans fur
« on: June 26, 2012, 12:57:57 PM »
My name is Cameron and I'm transgender. I have discovered that i was this for a few months now. When it came to me i became depressed and hated my body more and more, but i was fine with being trans and all. I just hated being a woman stuck in a mans body.
 A few months ago *censored* i began talking to my shrink about this and now i'm on the path of transition. I know at hart i want to become a woman, but i'm afraid of the change.

I just don't understand why i feel that way about it. I really want this.... I guess its because i have seen how trans women are looked down upon in american society. Me and my mate are both trans women (Male to Female) and are both planning on going through with hrt, but she is not going to do the last thing and i am going to. Back to what i'm worried about. I'm afraid when i start hrt that it will be really hard to find a job because i have seen how hard it is for my trans friends to find jobs and a few of them have went to collage and have master degrees, but still borderline homeless and can't get a job anywhere. I'm just scared to death that i will lose everything if i choose to go with it. To be honest i have actually been thinking about just giving up on it all just so i can support my mate when she starts HRT, but i don't want to give up on this at hart..... Can anyone give me any advice?  I'm only 17 right now and i can't wait too long to start HRT.... or it will be much worse.... :'(

Back to what i'm worried about the self image issue. I have some transgender friends out west and they got it pretty tough just because they are trans. One of them used to make around 59,000 dollars a year and after she came out she lost everything and went homeless and is now only getting by on 15,000 a year. This is what scares me about starting HRT. I even attempted suicide because i hated being a man, but i can't wait any longer though. I guess i should just  get over it and stop being a baby about it and just go for it.

Anyone have any advice?    3:

Post Merge: June 29, 2012, 01:41:28 PM
Really? it censored that? Well where that blank space is at is another word that people do when they don't want their self's to exist
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 03:09:55 PM by Puncia »

Offline ZombiezuRFER

• Dancing Dragon
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Spinosaurus aegyptiacus
  • Coloring: Grey, red, rust red, light blue, yellow eyes, black claws
  • Height: 9 ft 9 in
  • Weight: 360 lbs
  • Build: Tall, strong, and lean
Re: Being Transgender in American society
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 07:35:14 PM »
Transphobia is something I consider a mental illness, seeing how irrational it is.

If you do go through with it, be prepared for a fair bit of hiding, but don't forget it can be used to your advantage as well.

I suppose I can't really say I support transgender or even homosexual rights, because I support everybody's right to agency, the right to do what you want to yourself essentially, provided it is not abused by irrationality

But regardless, if you can hide your status once you go through with it, you'll be fine and can drop the facade once its not the big moral panic of the day. Just need to campaign for agency one group at a time I suppose.

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!
= Special Operations =

Et tu, Human?
De oculo mentis, servire se optimum est.

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
Re: Trans fur
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 02:05:21 PM »
Well, what I can say is that you may find some problems with it for sure; some people may disagree; but that's not 100% sure to happen of course, in fact, I don't even know the chances. Hopefully you find nothing bad of it, but maybe you do, but if you find yourself in the situation as your friend; know that you do have rights and know that if someone terminates employment because of that reason they are breaking not only American law, but international law. So, I think you should go through with it if you think that will make you happy; the people who mind are just ignorant, maybe you can educate them? Show them what a trans truly is.

The point is, I don't think it should be too much of an issue if you don't let it be an issue and you know that you, as a human being, have rights.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Furjangles

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Lion
  • Coloring: Golden Brown
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Build: Slim
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 03:55:13 PM »
Personally, I have no transgender friends so maybe my comment wont be all that great, however on dealing with hate this is my personal outlook:

Some people are total twats... These awful human beings can hide behind whatever they want but it doesnt change the fact that they be twats. The best way to deal with people like this, is to ignore and avoid. I know it sounds wimpy but you can't talk reason into an idiot, because they don't play the same game that we play. As soon as you confront these people, you're playing THEIR game, and they know exactly how to cheat the rules, so best bet? Don't! For example; (I love this quote, no idea where it came from but it's genius)

"You can be the best chess player in the entire universe... But you wont be able to beat a pigeon at it because they don't play the game properly, they'll knock the pieces over and crap on the board"

So as I said, ignore and avoid, pick your stuff up and move on. Because no one likes crap on their stuff do they? Find people who share your love for chess and play with them, and never stop looking for new people because searching is what gets you places. Sometimes what you find wont make you happy, but if you give up, you wont ever find the stuff that you would love.
  • Avatar by: AmethystSheep(FurAffinity)
Bigger mane, bigger... Y'know...

Offline Millikitty

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: Cougar/American short hair cat
  • Coloring: Black fur all over. The belly area is neron green and the underside of the tail is also neon green also the underside of my arms and inside of my legs
  • Height: 5'7
  • Weight: 130
  • Build: slim
  • Currently: Bored
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2012, 07:26:39 PM »
Thanks Guys for your advice and support ^ ^ *hugs all*