The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: People who SO totally care about animals and the environment, you know.  (Read 468 times)

Offline Count of Cutesy

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Am I cute?
    • Awards
  • Species: A mythical creature called an Almiraj.
  • Coloring: Pink
  • Height: Not good with height.
  • Weight: Not good with weight, either.
  • Build: Since I made this guy in a program that didn't allow me to change the bulk or build of a furry, I would say about Average.
Ugh, these people make me want to vomit. I really hate these kind of people so much, it's not even funny. Sometimes I want to just punch them in the face if I ever see them in real life.

...You are probably wondering what exactly I'm talking about. Basically, these are the kind of people who SWEAR they care about animals and nature, but obviously don't. They even go as far as to say they want to be a vet or a biologist or something else when they grow up (more often than not).

Yet, where ever you see them, all you ever see them do is complain about REAL animal lovers, and how animals and animal lovers are destroying the earth. Pay no attention to the big corporations chopping forests down for no reason, they don't exist. Pay no attention to global warming or other real problems people pretend don't exist. The only ones that are destroying the planet are the people who ACTUALLY CARE ABOUT THE PLANET!

They also say how they care about animals and the environment, yet the things they actually support ALL INVOLVE ANIMALS DYING IN SOME WAY! They don't believe in the existence of "humane" environment control. Cleaning up the environment, putting laws on poaching, and other things don't help the environment. HUNTING, ANIMAL TESTING, TURNING ANIMALS INTO FUR AND MEAT, AND, basically, MASS SLAUGHTERING OF ANIMALS is their idea of helping animals and the environment. Now, Hunting DOES have it's uses, but acting like hunting and slaughter is the ONLY way to help the environment? No... just no.

To make matters worse, these actually DO care about animals, but there's only ONE animal they truly care about. You guessed it, it's HUMANS! Why is this bad? Simple, since they ONLY care about humans, all other creatures are pretty much disposable. And these people will do EVERYTHING to hide this, like when you call them out, they pretty much act like you're putting words into their mouth. Well dude, what the (expletive) am I SUPPOSED to assume about you when you act like humans are the "ultimate good," and that other animals are only useful as CORPSES!?!

These people also don't realize how harmful to the planet helping our own race TOO MUCH can be. They expect others to believe their (expletive)-uped beliefes, but they refuse to believe how only caring about humans can, in turn, destroy the earth in the process.

Yes, these are the kind of people I hate more than anyone else. People who SAY they love animals, yet they act like they despise them, and will do everything they can to hide it. And honestly, the more people I see like this, the more tempted I am to say "that does it, I'm becoming a misanthrope." ...But please, don't.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 06:20:03 PM by Count of Cutesy »

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Beatnory

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • I dream a lot (thinking) and I make dreams (games)
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Dreamfox
  • Currently: be nice and you will have great dreams!
I think it is impossible to life witout killing any animal. but can you blame somebody for this?
we as consumers are often fooled.
It often happens in Europe that they say it's made of fake fur but it is made of dog or cat fur (That is cheaper then fake), this happend only if it is made in china.
that solar energy would be better but it will be transported from china.
there is nothing certainly of what is good and bad.

Also I consider people as the most virulent animals (Yes, people are also animals).

(I hope my English is good enough to understand me)

Offline Aoren Deringer

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • When god closes a door, I plant a breaching charge
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: African Painted Dog
  • Coloring: Black, red and white.
  • Height: Standing: short. Sitting: Slightly... taller?
  • Weight: 97.000000000000017 Kg
  • Build: Medium build, muscular.
  • Currently: Working on the sweetest sciences
Well just as an opening I will say that hunters (myself included) tend to be highly environmentally friendly ;/ Not in the hippie way, but we avoid poaching, and really a number of us just started up to account for our own mistakes (cattle ranchers mostly... Oh how I hate them... Killed off all the natural predators)

That said there are indeed many people of this sort. But you can't let them get to you. Unfortunately environmentalism is a fad right now, so you have a thousand odd people who think being environmetally friendly means building, shipping and buying a prius and cooing about animals they know nothing about all day.

And then you mentioned "when they grow up" which makes me think you are not dealing with adults. Which by definition means that they can't be taken seriously about serious issues.
  • Avatar by: Myself, during an experiment with inversion.
"Science isn't about being conservative with your cash, it's about spending as much as you can as ridiculously as you can and hoping it doesn't explode."
- Sjin

-Aoren Rekner Ilon Deringer, F.D.F. Mechanised Unit Commander, Four Stars.

Life is an adventure! Sure, you'll probably spend most of it weeping uncontrollably, and on fire, but hey!

Offline Count of Cutesy

• Eager Elephant
  • Am I cute?
    • Awards
  • Build: Since I made this guy in a program that didn't allow me to change the bulk or build of a furry, I would say about Average.
I never mentioned "when they grow up."

Offline Aoren Deringer

• Lovable Lion
    • Steam
    • Awards
 They even go as far as to say they want to be a vet or a biologist or something else when they grow up (more often than not).
I'm afraid you did.
"Science isn't about being conservative with your cash, it's about spending as much as you can as ridiculously as you can and hoping it doesn't explode."
- Sjin

Life is an adventure! Sure, you'll probably spend most of it weeping uncontrollably, and on fire, but hey!

Offline Count of Cutesy

• Eager Elephant
  • Am I cute?
    • Awards
Huh, guess I did.

But then again, who says "when they grow up" implies that they are still kids? I plan on being a cartoonist "when I grow up," and I'm TWENTY years old right now, and I'll be 21 next week. So "when they grow up" doesn't really mean anything.

Offline Aoren Deringer

• Lovable Lion
    • Steam
    • Awards
I suppose you have a point there, but I digress.

As with any fad it's largely fueled by ignorance and misguided media. Eventually it will fade, and we'll see less faux-environmentalists.
Hopefully.
- Sjin

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
  People who think they are one thing, but are not, can be annoying. Like someone who claims to be open minded because he supports homosexuality, but at the same time completely hates against homophobia. I'm not against those people, they're just not what they say they are, being open minded means being open minded to all people. I am sure the "environmentalists" are the same.

But, I do want to say some things. Of course, these people exist and you don't like them, for the ignoring thing though, it kind of gets hard. Are these people ignoring the "big corporations" and global warming hazards to the environment because they don't care or is it because they are misinformed? A good way to explain it is, there's an extremely large global issue that's affecting humans today, that not many people know about, that is agriculture. Agriculture uses up more land probably any other industry, it is the largest single contributor to green house gas emissions and probably the largest consumer of water as well. We talk about foresting, we talk about global warming and automobiles and their cause on the atmosphere, but there is a considerable lack of talk about general agriculture, plant watering techniques, energy techniques and general use of land. The point is, some people can be misinformed, they do care about the environment but they just don't know enough about it.

You can get angry at them or you can try and educate them (or both), education is a great way to get peoples voice heard. Some people won't listen, to those people, they are lost causes and probably wouldn't be any good for you anyway. For the people who are willing to give you a chance, there is a chance and you must embrace that chance, but for them to give you a chance, you must give them a chance. So you can converse with them and hopefully learn a lot more about both sides, if your side is more correct, then hopefully you'll get a supporter! The main thing is, being angry doesn't achieve much, but that said, venting is completely fine.

I hope things go well :P
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Count of Cutesy

• Eager Elephant
  • Am I cute?
    • Awards
Wait? So growing acres and acres of corn and wheat is more harmful to the environment than cars or deforestation? ...I'm not sure what to think actually.  :S

A lot of the times I talk to these guys, they generally start assuming I'm misanthropic. Sometimes they even go as far as to send a bunch of their buddies, who are also faux-environmentalists, to tell me I'm wrong. It's like, you can't win against them. ...But that's life. The badguys win more often than not. Actually, I try not to get angry at them, but I have a hard time educating them. I'm not very good with words, and whenever I state myself, they come up with excuse after excuse as to how "Oh that doesn't work, mass-slaughtering is the only way." ...Okay, they never actually refer to it as mass-slaughtering. They usually just sugar-coat it by saying hunting. Like I said before, hunting DOES help the environment, but NOT to the extent these guys seem to think.

Offline Aoren Deringer

• Lovable Lion
    • Steam
    • Awards
You could always just say that you agree, and then offer to take them to the mall for a hunting trip.
Quell the herds and all.

But on a more serious note most of them qualify as lost causes, but people aren't idiots. They'll come up with excuses and stick to their position like nothing else. Sometimes, the best thing you can do is leave.
- Sjin

Offline Dirtcopter77

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
People who SO totally care about animals and the environment, you know.
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2012, 03:22:25 AM »
I mostly hate people who spout endless drivel on global warming 24/7.

"I only use fair trade tissue paper made from soy bean extract and purified air, produced in a peanut-free factory because peanut growers produce greenhouse emissions. I bet YOU just use paper tissues."

Of course I do my part to help the environment, I just don't obsess about it and force it on everyone nearby.
Furry Code: FDL3adrw A++++ H-- M- R+++ T++ W Sm RLCT* a- cn++++ d+++ e++ f-- h- i++ j--- p+++ sm-

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
Wait? So growing acres and acres of corn and wheat is more harmful to the environment than cars or deforestation? ...I'm not sure what to think actually.  :S

A lot of the times I talk to these guys, they generally start assuming I'm misanthropic. Sometimes they even go as far as to send a bunch of their buddies, who are also faux-environmentalists, to tell me I'm wrong. It's like, you can't win against them. ...But that's life. The badguys win more often than not. Actually, I try not to get angry at them, but I have a hard time educating them. I'm not very good with words, and whenever I state myself, they come up with excuse after excuse as to how "Oh that doesn't work, mass-slaughtering is the only way." ...Okay, they never actually refer to it as mass-slaughtering. They usually just sugar-coat it by saying hunting. Like I said before, hunting DOES help the environment, but NOT to the extent these guys seem to think.

sometimes you have to give them resources :P
For example, you may not believe me with the agriculture, but I'm going to show you my source :P

TEDxTC - Jonathan Foley - The Other Inconvenient Truth
If your not good at explaining yourself, get others to do it for you :D
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";