The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Dreamscape OOC {Unpredictable Content}  (Read 2041 times)

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Bibliophilic Philosopher
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • How can you expect to win if you don't play?
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Timber Wolf
  • Coloring: Grey and white.
  • Height: 6' 4''
  • Weight: 180 lbs
  • Build: Lithe and strong
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: No longer a member
Dreamscape OOC {Unpredictable Content}
« on: May 24, 2012, 08:46:24 AM »
***This RP draws inspiration from many sources. It will be impossible to name them all. However, the main sources of inspiration for this RP are the following:

-Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time Series.
-Marion Zimmer Bradley's Darkover Novels.
-The Forgotten Realms novels by many authors but specifically R.A. Salvatore.
-The Gates of Night, The Dreaming Dark Book 3 by Keith Baker, a book of Eberron.
-The movie Inception.
-The Matrix Series

NOTE: The rules for this RP will be fluid, but highly enforced. Take notice of that fact. Due to the nature of this RP, the possibility or power-playing or God-modding is possible. This RP will be run with the idea of a "free-range" where it is not built so that there is a difficulty curve. There will be instances where the players find themselves in situations they cannot "win". This is not only probable, but expected.

NOTE: This RP will require extreme creativity and flexibility. The world that this takes place in is "infinitely malleable", meaning that it is not ruled by physics or the rules of mechanics. The rules that govern the world are explained in more detail below, but to be a player you must remember these phrases:

Nothing is as it seems.
Everything is an illusion.

A new day has dawned. Science has been able to crack into the mind of another Sentient Being while the conscious mind is put under sedation and has made it possible to insert other consciousness into a single one, hereafter referred to as The Patient. It is now possible to, quite literally, walk the landscape of the mind of another. However there are dangers associated with such an interesting doorway into the thoughts of another. The landscape of the Patient are constructed by their subconscious. Every artifact found within their dreamscape has some tie to them as an individual. Every aspect of their personality is reflected. Every secret laid bare. To a Dream Walker (the name associated with those chosen to insert themselves into Patients) their real world becomes that of the Patient's subconscious.

The Dreamscape can unlock many secrets about the Patient. A skilled Dream Walker can find the deepest, darkest secrets of a Patient (even those they themselves weren't fully conscious of) by exploring deep into the world presented to them. This is fraught with danger however, for not all minds are pure and kind. Inner Demons lurk in the dark places of the mind, hidden fears stalk lines of thought, and grotesque desires claw at the unwary.

Enter Otebon: The Patient

Otebon has fallen ill recently. His disease has destroyed his body and worked its destruction on his mind. Within the past two weeks, madness has taken up residence in his mind, though in lucid moments he has claimed that he has not gone mad. Otebon claims that "the cages have been opened" and "The Beast is loose."

Strange and divergent personality traits have been observed. Psychiatric and Physical symptoms have arisen including but not limited to nervous ticks, strange new habits, different accents while speaking, drastic mood swings, and uncontrollable urges.

The disease progressed to the point that Otebon's mind has shut down completely, putting him into a state of coma. Immediately before going under, Otebon had a few minutes of lucidity. He claimed that who he was had become "unbalanced", that "The Beast" had been released and was trying to gain control. Who he was, his personality, was being pulled into the darkness and must be retrieved.

You have been selected as his Dream Walkers. Your mission: To return Otebon's mind to it's original state by finding "who he is" and returning it to the forefront of his mind.

Rules:

-Listen to all directions of the RP Leader.
-Please post a minimum of three lines.
-There will be a 3 strike rule. After 3 warnings, you will be asked to leave.
-All characters must be AT LEAST 18.
-One character limit.
-I will ask that all posts are made with passable grammar and syntax that can be read by the average, native English speaker. Feel free to use other languages in your posts as you wish, just make sure that forum rules are followed and the average English speaker can understand it without having to translate.
-Due to the nature of this RP, God-Modding and Power-Playing are highly possible. Therefore, I will be forced to be strict about it. Please refrain from forcing me to take action on this.

Info about the "World":

The actual process of creating and maintaining a dreamscape can be boiled down to the following: The Patient's mental landscape is projected into a neutral space that is then referred to as the Dreamscape. Once that has been formed and stabilized, the Patient will naturally fill the Dreamscape with the features of his or her mind. This is when secrets are locked away and the regions of the Patient's mind become more distinct from raw, unformed dream space. Having stabilized that, the Dream Walkers are allowed into the system to perform their job. The reason this was put into place was so that there was, at the very least a measure of safety associated with Walking the Dream.

If one were to enter directly into the mind of the Patient, their very existence would become endangered. The mind that the Dream Walker explores may be dormant, but it still has complete control. If the Patient were to ever have the subconscious desire to simply erase the consciousness of the Dream Walker, it would be.

By using an intermediary plane, the danger is reduced. A "safe zone" can be created for the Dream Walkers to rest and recuperate within, but it is only as safe as it is imagined to be (to be explained later). Also, most safe zones come with some sort of "guide" that the Dream Walkers can ask for assistance and aid whenever necessary. In truth this is their only link to the outside world and a product of the technicians maintaining the World.

***MORE TO COME.

Character Application:*

Name:
Species:
Short Bio:
Personality:

**As this is the world is malleable in nature, appearance and other "physical" attributes are modifiable as willed. However, this will be counted as your "base" state or how the mind sees itself. The descriptions you put in your application is the "form" you shall return to when you return to your "base" state if modified beyond that.

This RP is currently under construction and will be modified as needed. If you have interest in this RP, please post below stating so. Once I have a minimum of 3 players and have worked out some of the kinks this RP will begin.

If you wish to express interest in this RP, please put a reply below or PM me saying something to that effect.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 01:01:54 PM by Otebon »
  • Signature art by: Puncia and Grisli (using art from Winged Zephyr) respectively

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • A whole world ahead of me to do stupid things.
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger/raven mix
  • Coloring: Gold and black fur seguing into black feathers
  • Height: 5 foot.
  • Weight: 220 pounds of fur and feathers
  • Build: Strong, lean, and agile. Built more for hunting or long range battle than heavy weapons or close range.
  • Currently: I shall live again! (Maybe.)
Re: Dreamscape OOC {Unpredictable Content}
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 02:09:10 PM »
This looks rather interesting.  I can't say I've done anything like this, so I may not be particularly good at working with the situation.  That, and I've never seen or read any of those.  I'll try though.  :)

Name: Luna Recosta
Species: Dove
Appearance: Rather small compared to the average furry.  She has white feathers, small but powerful wings, and blue eyes.
Short Bio: While Luna has done some research on the Dreamscape, she only finished training this year.  She has no familial references or friendly contacts, all of which died previously under strange circumstances.
Personality: Rather aloof.  She tends to think of others, even the head scientists, as inferior to her in all ways, but hides this under a sweet exterior.  She also overestimates her own strengths.
I have an angry teddy bear with a flamethrower and a bad temper.

He's not as cute as Lucifer said he'd be, but at least the chainsaw is hidden.

Offline Kaya

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • B3 l00k1n L1k3 D4ng H3'2 Fly
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: dragon with feathered wings
  • Coloring: Green eyes, purple and blue hair to her mid back purple and blue scales on her body
  • Height: 5' 10''
  • Weight: 120lbs
  • Build: alletically built
  • Currently: Nursing a cracked spine and busted right hip
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 02:19:36 PM »
Name: Elizabeth

Species: Black Wolf/ horse

Appearance: avatar except her mane and tail are neon blue.

Short Bio: Elizabeth.. it one of several children, she is the middle child, and thus was constantly over looked. she sailed through her training unnoticed, but excelled within the bounds of retrieval.

Personality: she can be brazen at times, but most she sits back observing what is happening around her and waits for the opportune moment to strike. she can be manipulative if she needs to be.
  • Signature art by: me
you can always return to the land of goodness. the road is paved with many challenges, but the most rewarding paths are not always the easiest.

Offline MrRazot

• Resident Nice-guy
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Marching onward on my Quest
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lanner Falcon
  • Coloring: Selection of Browns
  • Height: Aprx 180cm
  • Weight: Aprx 50kg
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Well, it was a good run.
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 02:21:15 PM »
I'm interested, I'll post the info now :)

Name: Warren Spencer
Species: Red fox
Appearance: Well dressed and groomed, despite missing his left ear.
Short Bio: Warren was brought up in Scotland and still has his accent, besides having lived away from his homeland for 10 years. Studying psychology, he always had an interest for the mind and how it works.
Personality: Warren has been noted to show at times, a bit too much empathy and could be considered a bit too trusting. Good with bad jokes though serious when it is needed and always doing his best to think outside the box however can struggle under pressure.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 02:33:00 PM by MrRazot »
  • Signature art by: MrRazot

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Bibliophilic Philosopher
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • How can you expect to win if you don't play?
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Timber Wolf
  • Coloring: Grey and white.
  • Height: 6' 4''
  • Weight: 180 lbs
  • Build: Lithe and strong
  • Currently: No longer a member
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2012, 09:42:31 PM »
Goodness... I wasn't expecting to have 3 so soon or even before I was done with the Info pages...

I'll modify the top portions to include more and try to post here so that you know that it is changed.

Post Merge: May 25, 2012, 09:52:00 PM
I apologize for this... but I put this RP in the wrong section.

I meant this to be in the Adult RP section as the plans will not be PG13 appropriate. I apologize for the inconvenience and trouble.

Please consider this OOC closed.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 09:52:32 PM by Otebon »
  • Signature art by: Puncia and Grisli (using art from Winged Zephyr) respectively

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • I never give up... so don't push me. >_<
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Height: 5' 10&quot;
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
  • Currently: Holding out for a hero... but always having to save myself.
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2012, 05:13:30 AM »
 T_T Swearing initiated in 5.... 4... 3...
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html
Don't mess with Grammaton Clerics. THEY WILL END YOU.