The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Ascension of Darkness  (Read 3233 times)

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
Re: Ascension of Darkness
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2012, 01:03:31 AM »
I honestly don't know what to do.  If these gods can contact a character, it wouldn't make sense to only do it periodically.  It would make more sense to contact the character constantly, give them updates, protect them from harm, and allow the characters to take down the evil easily, eliminating the purpose of the roleplay.  It makes things hard to work with, opens massive plot holes...  I can't write anything to it.  Even telling some things and not others because of rules hits a few hard notes.  When I mentioned blessed amulets, it was in the same way as a rosary: no signicant power except a show of faith.  So if the gods/goddesses can tell things, why not sooner or more often?

I'm honestly sitting here, staring.  For days.  Chrono, PLEASE explain this one.

I believe that a Diviner is a LIVING holy symbol. Whereas some items can be blessed by priests and clerics, a Diviner is someone born as a holy item.

I can change the context to where he got visions of the book, as well as some of the murders... but this can also be seen as being 'touched in the head', and that most people think that he is just a practitioner of evil magic that raises the dead.

Like he had gotten the visions for the entire time period of the murders, and was doing private research to interpret the visions. Horace then told Elistra of the visions when she asked why he was studying so much rather than doing his normal charity and grocery routines.

NOTE: That entire post was a test to see how far a Diviner's "godly assistance" can go.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • A whole world ahead of me to do stupid things.
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger/raven mix
  • Coloring: Gold and black fur seguing into black feathers
  • Height: 5 foot.
  • Weight: 220 pounds of fur and feathers
  • Build: Strong, lean, and agile. Built more for hunting or long range battle than heavy weapons or close range.
  • Currently: I shall live again! (Maybe.)
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2012, 01:16:28 AM »
Ah.  I was just sort of stumped.  It does beg the question though: How far CAN they go without breaking Willing Suspension of Disbelief?

In my personal experience, I've only ever seen Diviners that can summon creatures and entities from other planes to protect and fight.  That's why I was so at a loss.  I'd like to see what you do with the role.  :)
I have an angry teddy bear with a flamethrower and a bad temper.

He's not as cute as Lucifer said he'd be, but at least the chainsaw is hidden.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2012, 02:00:42 AM »
Ah.  I was just sort of stumped.  It does beg the question though: How far CAN they go without breaking Willing Suspension of Disbelief?

I believe this is what he must adhere to:

• He cannot perform miracles for the sake of ease.
  • No theft for any reason, even if it will save the lives of others.
  • Must offer mercy to any enemy asking for it, even if they intend to kill him later.
Breaking any of these will result in a punishment that can harm him, as well as the rest of the group.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 03:21:23 AM by Chrono Blackwyng »
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Kaya

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • B3 l00k1n L1k3 D4ng H3'2 Fly
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: dragon with feathered wings
  • Coloring: Green eyes, purple and blue hair to her mid back purple and blue scales on her body
  • Height: 5' 10''
  • Weight: 120lbs
  • Build: alletically built
  • Currently: Nursing a cracked spine and busted right hip
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2012, 03:17:34 AM »
im going to be gone till next tuesday.. sorry i have to get up at 6 am and wont get home till 10 io so in the evening untill tuesday. not very much time to get online..
  • Signature art by: me
you can always return to the land of goodness. the road is paved with many challenges, but the most rewarding paths are not always the easiest.

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • I'm not a bad man.....I just do things bad men do.
    • Awards
  • Species: Spider
  • Coloring: Black with red patterning
  • Height: 10 foot
  • Currently: silently watching
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2012, 04:16:37 AM »
chrono......riku is nowhere near either of your characters >_<
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2012, 04:23:00 AM »
chrono......riku is nowhere near either of your characters >_<

But... it fit so well! :D
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 04:25:52 AM by Chrono Blackwyng »

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2012, 04:26:12 AM »
sorry to say, he actually stumbled on kaya's two, but if you want i can go along with you rather than help her XD i thought your two were acctually both inside at the time
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2012, 04:28:35 AM »
Make that your next post, you leave one part of the garden and head to the other...

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2012, 04:31:30 AM »
sounds good to me XD