The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: im bored of hello so... how are you??  (Read 1523 times)

Offline sebflynn

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: wolf
  • Coloring: black
  • Height: round 6ft
  • Weight: 8st
  • Build: very slim slightly muscular
im bored of hello so... how are you??
« on: May 07, 2012, 01:10:14 AM »
how are you good thing to start with if your new right?
im new here to being furry s im sorry if i say something stupid or don't get the jargon.

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • I never give up... so don't push me. >_<
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Height: 5' 10&quot;
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Holding out for a hero... but always having to save myself.
Re: im bored of hello so... how are you??
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 03:04:54 AM »
Yep. Nice to meet you!
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html
Don't mess with Grammaton Clerics. THEY WILL END YOU.

Offline Oaks

• Avid Aardvark
  • Woof, woof *Pants
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Dog
  • Coloring: White underfur with darkening fur everywhere else
  • Build: Neither skinny nor fat, medium i guess
  • Currently: Read sig.
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 04:28:39 AM »
Hello ^_^ I'm new *kinda* too
  • Signature art by: No images yet
Yo, I is no longer active, still taking requests but can only be sent through email.

[email protected]

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 08:49:38 AM »
Welcome to the forum!
I'm Timmy, the one and only Royal Cutefox. I hope you'll enjoy your time here ^_^
Proud to be a furry!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline iKero-chu™

• Ferrachulicious
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 10 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
  • Chu~ :'3
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Hot Dumpster (Ferret/Pikachu/Corgi)
  • Build: Thicc
  • Currently: god left me unfinished
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 05:15:02 AM »
'Ellos there!

Welcome to the FF.

I'm iKerochu, the one and only ferrachu.

Enjoy your stay here~

:3
(/\       /\)
(`o・ ω ・o´)
Chuuu~
Comission Info
Furcode

Offline Nikolai the Lynx

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum.
  • I am friendly and a good listener.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Canadian Lynx
  • Coloring: Silvery-brown (In summer reddish brown)
  • Height: 5'7"
  • Build: Lean, but furry.
  • Currently: Getting things sorted out.
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2012, 07:08:29 PM »
Hey, I am Nikolai.

I am fine, just trying to get my posts up :D

Enjoy your stay here.

"You want to lead? Then Learn to follow." Game of Thrones

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Poster
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2012, 09:39:55 AM »
I'm Anoni and I'm fine XD
How has your general experience on the forum been so far? :P
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline sebflynn

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2012, 02:35:14 PM »
pretty good thanks
im new here to being furry s im sorry if i say something stupid or don't get the jargon.

Offline Draco Vertolgr

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • When blinded by adversity just look to the stars
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Wolf
  • Coloring: White
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: I'm a Majestic Snowcone
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2012, 03:40:35 AM »
Hey bro, Im Deadraconis the loveable, fluffy  and only slightly insane wolf. I am doing very crapily well both bad and good XD tell us about yourself, what music do you like, what kinda things are you into?
Our mere existence is enough reason to carry on. Never let others steal your lust for life. Life is all you have and it is all you will get. Cling to it until the universe says it's time to let go. Then rest, only then have you earned it.

Offline sebflynn

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2012, 10:43:19 PM »
i dont listen to music i find it very boring after a while i used to though it just got a bit boring and you'd hate me if i said any thing about me because my opinions are usually based very strongly around logic and i only really follow the morales that seem logical also im very depressing if you get me on a serious subject i also thrive in conflict and love to argue  :P

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Poster
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2012, 06:06:41 AM »
I love to argue to! :D

But first I want to try and see if I can open your mind a bit, because it's not logical to not open your mind.

So, a question I have to ask you is what is logic? Define logic? I have to discuss this because I personally define logic as a primarily mathematical system that abides by how the universe works. But, then we have a problem with that definition, because how does the universe work really? It's very complex and morality or life doesn't really have anything to do with the universe, you ask yourself "Should I be capitalist or communist?" and you turn to universal logic, the question is so insignificant that the answer relative to the universe would pretty much be "doesn't matter".

So to really grab something that we can use, but is still logical, we have to realize that we are life and life isn't perfect. We are very efficient machines at computing external stimuli but we simply can't compute the entire universe or the universal spectrum. The universe wasn't designed by life, so life wasn't really made to interpret it in it's full extent, we only see 3 dimensions and cross sections of the fourth dimension, but there could be as many as 10 dimensions out there. Not to mention that the visible universe could only be a fraction of the full size of the universe, also restricted by only seeing a very small bandwidth of light (we can't see gamma rays, radio waves, etc). We use technology to help us but even technology we make still has some limitations such as the speed of light.

So we realize that we can't grasp the entire universe, so we can't really follow universal logic, so we need logic we can actually follow. Life's logic, we need to use the logic of life because that's the only logic that's really relevant or that we're pretty much capable of completely understanding. But what is life's logic? Well, that gets even more complicated because I have to introduce the idea of relativity. In a nut shell, if you have a song playing and You and me are listening to it. You say that you hate the song but I say that I love the song, is the song good or bad? Well, to me it's good, to you it's bad, that's all we can really say. There's no universal answer for whether the song is good or bad, it's only good relative to me and bad relative to you. The universe doesn't has a special list of rules (well it probably doesn't have this anyway) that says what's good, morally acceptable, the best political system (etc) that we have to follow. There is no ABSOLUTE answer, different conditions require different answers and knowing that there is no absolute answer (or that if there is, (from the above paragraphs) we'd never be able to comprehend it) allows us to fully grasp the concept of life's logic.

Life's logic is a collective of relative opinions, whoever said 2 minds work better than 1 were completely correct here. When you grow up you tend to believe anything that is told to you, you question everything but even now there is a chance that we are all completely wrong. Science is based of observations and predictions but it could possible that we have been led a completely incorrect path. So that's the first thing you have to believe, is that you can never be certain. You should never be 100% sure of anything, but notice that all possibilities have the potential to be correct but some possibilities are considerably more likely than others (it's all a balance of probabilities). The second thing you have to notice is where the the above paragraphs come in and that's we can never be certain, we can never fully grasp true understanding and there is probably no absolute answer.

Now, not being certain, not having full understanding and no absolute answer makes logic pretty bleak. Because it makes us see how far our logic really is, we like to slap on terms like "logic" but how do we know it's really logic? So to do this, we have to get other peoples opinions, we have to open our mind a bit and allow us to assume that everyone's opinion is possible. Then we get their opinion and we look at the science and the scientific method, because although we're not certain of science and the scientific method, we do know that it's probably the most likely solution to events. So then we go to science and  reasoning and ask ourselves whether their opinion makes sense. Though we are bias so it's very hard to do that, luckily you already like my suggestion. Arguing, because if you follow basic rules of arguing and debating and follow a structured format, you might actually be able to find out who's opinion is more likely, the person who gets more points across and disproves more points of the opponents has a better argument. You have to be able to change your opinion though if you LOSE an argument or begin REPEATING arguments. You have to know that your opinions are probably in need of improvement, always. These concepts are very important.

Sorry got carried away there, the bottom line is being open minded is in-fact a reasonable thing to do in terms of what we connote as logic.

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline legolyle

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Most Online
  • Always right? You're doing something wrong!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Dark grey-blue, with a nice grey streak
  • Height: 5'10"
  • Currently: Aliens!
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2012, 08:48:34 AM »
welcome to the forum :D

You have now found Anoni and I, you are not along in logic my friend :P

I'd love to hear your opinions and reasoning. As I'm sure Anoni would, we tend to thrive in debate xD
"if your philosophy is not unsettled daily then you are blind to all the universe has to offer"
- Neil Tyson

"When I told my father I wanted to be a physicist, he said, ‘Hell no, you ain’t going to work in a drug store.’ I said no, not a pharmacist. I said, ‘Like Einstein.’ He poked me in the chest with a piece of plumbing pipe. ‘You ain’t going to be no engineer,’ he said. ‘You’re going to be Einstein.’"
-Leonard Susskind
:'D those sorts of things make me smile.

~negotiator~

Offline sebflynn

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2012, 04:04:26 PM »
i dont want any trouble id rather just not discuss my views due to well you would hate me for the things i say so, to be safe im just not going to cause any waves on the forum waves are for the live chat. :P

Offline Rinny

• Boisterous Bear
  • Omnomnom
    • Awards
  • Species: Red panda
  • Coloring: Red/brown/white
  • Height: 5'4&amp;quot;
  • Weight: 105lbs
  • Build: slim
  • Currently: Has le cookie!
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2012, 04:22:15 PM »
Hey! I'm new as well and everyone here is awesome. :) Enjoy your stay~!

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2012, 07:27:49 PM »
Sent you a PM :D
I don't hate on different opinions than my own xD