The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Heroes Vanishing Act (Robot-Anthro RP) (OOC)  (Read 1284 times)

Offline Count of Cutesy

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Am I cute?
    • Awards
  • Species: A mythical creature called an Almiraj.
  • Coloring: Pink
  • Height: Not good with height.
  • Weight: Not good with weight, either.
  • Build: Since I made this guy in a program that didn't allow me to change the bulk or build of a furry, I would say about Average.
Heroes Vanishing Act (Robot-Anthro RP) (OOC)
« on: June 10, 2012, 10:02:23 PM »
(Note: This RP is loosely based on the Megaman, Megaman X, and Megaman Zero series. It is made with the fact in mind that I have NEVER played ZX before)

In the year 20XX, mankind has lived alongside machines. These machines, known as reploids, were designed to be the companions of the human race. But it was partially not so. Over the years, many threats have arisen to turn reploids against humans.

All these years, century after century, a hero named Megaman has protected the planet from evil reploids. The countless struggles against Dr. Wily eventually ended, but our hero was not done yet. New evils had continued to arise, including Sigma, Elpizo, Weil, and others, Megaman has defended humanity against us all. But eventually after Sigma's vanish, the world went into a downfall. Nature had been put at such little value, that it was destroyed by the decade. The peace fought so hard to maintain was still in jeopardy. The human race was starting to stagger altogether. To make matters worse, Megaman had vanished, leaving the world in the hands of Zero, a robot created by Megaman's old arch nemisis: Dr. Wily.

Zero did much in combating more recent threats to humanity, but the state of nature and the human race continued to spiral. Eventually, a group of humans decided to begin a new revolution to revive nature and the human race, as Zero continued to battle the planet's latest threat: Dr. Weil.But after the final battle, both Weil and Zero were no more. And even though the humans managed to populate the planet with forests and humans, the eco-system remained stagnant.

But eventually through all the threats, they died down and everything went back to normal. The peace had returned, the eco-system had returned, and the human race had flourished. Humans have even gotten smarter, creating smarter reploids that were less likely to be corrupted by evil. Even animal shaped robots, which were generally dumber than humanoid ones, have become less easily corrupted by the minds of evil.

...But the minds of evil still found ways. Reploids everywhere: Humanoid, Animaloid, and everything in between, had begun to attack the human race, as well as other rebellious reploids. Eventually, a group of 8 particular animal-like robots, who claimed to be the most powerful of all robots, were commanding most of the reploids to attack. But like all reploid octets, there was a higher master-mind behind the corruption, but no one so far has found out who it was.

Rebels still existed, however. Eventually, the new Maverick Hunters had been formed by a man named Dr. Dolis. He has gathered many reploids of great potential, and banded them together to combat the threat put on the planet. Not just the human race was in danger, but the planet itself as well. And although a powerful group of reploids, they were NOT Megaman or Zero, so their skill would pale in comparison. Still, it would be a close fight to the end to see if peace would finally be maintained for good.

Who could possibly win?

Rules
1: This is a PG-13 RP, so expect there to be swearing. But there should be no mating or sexual themes of any kind.
2: You are playing as the reploids. Humans are strictly NPCs, which means Dolis can be controlled by anyone. HOWEVER, only I can chose how important NPCs die, but I am open for suggestions.
3: The Maverick Hunters do not have to be limited to humanoid reploids. But still, be realistic. A reploid based off of a Dragon or something powerful would more likely be a villain.
4: The 8 corrupted leaders, however, should be based off of animals, plants, or monsters. Even humanoid monsters like elves or fairies(Since a fairy like villain exists in Megaman Zero 4 named Sol Titania). But the corrupted 8 can NOT be based off of humans to keep with the current tradition based off of Megaman X/Megaman Zero.
5: If you have read the rules, put your first Megaman game in the Other section of your skeletons. If you have never played Megaman, simply state so.
6: There has to be 8 villains before we can start, so I would prefer it if you had more than one character.
7: Please, you must be semi-literate at worst. typng liek tis iz nt xseptebl. Also, be sure to have more than one line in your posts.
8: Also, no god-modding or power playing is acceptable.
9: Finally, for appearance, I would prefer you typed up a summary, but pictures are allowed too.

Are we clear? Good.

New Maverick Hunters
1: Fire Cat
2: Arctic Walrus
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:
etc.

Corrupted Ones
1: Techno Buzz-saw
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:

Skeleton

Code Name:
Base Creature:
Talents:
Alignment:
Personality:
Appearance:
Other:

My Chars

Code Name: Fire Cat
Base Creature: Felines, in general
Talents: Fire Cat has a built in flame-thrower that was generally used to burn fields to renew fertile soil, but can be used to over-heat bad-guys. Fire Cat also has strong claws on its feet, which generally give Fire Cat the ability to tear through metal with a series of well timed kicks. Fire Cat is also particularly agile, making it a great fighter.
Alignment: Maverick Hunter
Personality: Fire Cat knows when to get serious. It's particularly loyal to the humans, but a bit hot-headed, and tends to act on impulse. Fire Cat always has danger in mind, so its always ready for a battle.
Appearance: Besides its relatively large claws, it's chassis is generally slim, but crammed with multiple moving parts for increased mobility. It's tail alone contains 30 joints in it. On one hand, Fire Cat has a huge claw as big as his others, on the other hand is a lightweight flame-thrower. The flamethrower's range is particularly limited. Its head uses bright yellow lights for the eyes, lightweight steel cones, half-cut and fitted to the head as ears, and long steel-wire whiskers. The whole creature is yellow/red/orange in color.
Other: Have to go with the original Megaman.

Code Name: Arctic Walrus
Base Creature: Walrus
Talents: Its mouth AND a cannon on its arm can create ice chunks which Arctic Walrus can skillfully use with his arms, legs, and tail. Its cannon can also produce a cone of extreme cold that can freeze many things, especially water. This cannon was used as a tool to maintain the eco-system in Arctic regions. Arctic Walrus is also particularly strong, but much slower compared to its fiery counterpart.
Alignment: Maverick Hunter
Personality: Incredibly friendly, but not particularly bright, Arctic Walrus is basically your average dumb-but-friendly type character. He is generally calm and polite, but not as well prepared at Fire Cat.
Appearance: Unlike Fire Cat, Arctic Walrus was built for strength. His main torso is incredibly large, based off of an actual walrus bulk. His legs only have a few parts to them, generally to increase stability and weight support. His tail is particularly big as well, and has more strength than his arms or legs. His head is round, has a gaping mouth designed to shoot large objects, and has big steel tusks that are good for... well... nothing, really. His arms and legs are blue and white, as well as his torso. His back and tail are brown, and particularly lumpy like an actual walrus skin.
Other: However, I used to own Megaman 2, 3, and 4 for the NES as well. Most of the games I've played outside that are roms, though.

Code Name: Techno Buzz-Saw
Base Creature: Beaver
Talents: Techno Buzz-Saw's teeth were generally used to cut down trees, but were originally designed for controlled uses. After the corruption, however, Techno Buzz-Saw has access to cybernetic base built deep in a forest, which not only contains many many mechanical traps and hazards, but the base itself is a command center for deforestation. Techno Buzz-Saw is incredibly smart, and knows how to use the tools his master has given him. What kind of tools does he possess will only be known when the Maverick Hunters encounter him.
Alignment: Corrupted Ones
Personality: Generally smart, he can think faster than Fire Cat, and smarter than Arctic Walrus. Some of the things he says are illogical, thanks to the corruption. Techno Buzz-Saw generally talks with a deep, scary, booming voice.
Appearance: Techno Buzz-Saw is generally small. His solid grey chassis, which is fat around the middle with stubby arms and legs, is not built for speed. But he generally doesn't need it. Techno's tail is large, mostly bronze in color, and is tipped with steal. His head contains a large chain-saw for teeth, and... somewhat tacky eye-brows, actually. His eyes beam red with intensity, another side-effect of the corruption.
Other: I've always found it odd that Beavers are one of the most destructive animals on the planet, next to gypsy moths, and yet Capcom has never once made a Beaver robot master.

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • I never give up... so don't push me. >_<
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Height: 5' 10&quot;
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Holding out for a hero... but always having to save myself.
Re: Heroes Vanishing Act (Robot-Anthro RP) (OOC)
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 11:44:33 PM »
Code Name: Kata Crat
Base Creature: Crat
Talents: Mastery of gun kata; expert shot, can dodge most projectiles
Alignment: Maverick Hunters
Personality: Zen-like, almost insane
Appearance: A silver-and-black robot with black metal wings carved into his back and a head resmbling a grey cat's
Other: Shoots concentrated bursts of aqya green energy; is rather efficient with a lased sword as well, but commonly uses a pair of energy pistols
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html
Don't mess with Grammaton Clerics. THEY WILL END YOU.

Offline Count of Cutesy

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Am I cute?
    • Awards
  • Build: Since I made this guy in a program that didn't allow me to change the bulk or build of a furry, I would say about Average.
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 08:24:57 PM »
What's a "Crat?"

Whatever the case, accepted.

Note: We need to fill all 8 villain roles before we start so it's suggested you create a villain as well.

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 08:33:39 PM »
Cat-crow.

Code Name: Eagle Tornado
Base Creature: Eagle
Talents: Can fly and utilize the power of wind, uses giant throwing rings to bash his opponents.
Alignment:Corrupted ones
Personality: Malicious and corrupted... with a sense of justice. Hates emotion.
Appearance: Bare-chested eagle man, head painted white with a gold beak, has pants like everyone else's
Other: Enjoys collecting "souveniers" from dispatched enemies.
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html

Offline Count of Cutesy

• Eager Elephant
  • Am I cute?
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 12:13:42 AM »
(You mean like your Fursona? ...It looks more like a human with wings and cat ears from your avie.

Anyway, accepted.)

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 12:18:28 AM »
(Thank you.)  ^_^

Offline Count of Cutesy

• Eager Elephant
  • Am I cute?
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 03:14:30 AM »
Is anyone else interested?

Post Merge: June 14, 2012, 01:42:50 AM
Is there anywhere I can advertise this RP to get more people interested?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 01:42:50 AM by Count of Cutesy, Reason: Merged DoublePost »