The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: lighters and matches  (Read 7648 times)

Offline MrRazot

• Resident Nice-guy
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster
  • Marching onward on my Quest
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lanner Falcon
  • Coloring: Selection of Browns
  • Height: Aprx 180cm
  • Weight: Aprx 50kg
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Well, it was a good run.
Re: lighters and matches
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2012, 06:03:25 PM »
the beauty of this day and age means that you can
1) refill it
2) get a new one
:P
  • Signature art by: MrRazot

Offline sebflynn

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: wolf
  • Coloring: black
  • Height: round 6ft
  • Weight: 8st
  • Build: very slim slightly muscular
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2012, 09:39:29 PM »
wow two pages does any body think we should keep this going? it seems like a good little topic so i was thinking lets think of as many creative uses of lighters and matches as we can but no obvious things like figurines just try and think of cool uses. :)
im new here to being furry s im sorry if i say something stupid or don't get the jargon.

Offline MrRazot

• Resident Nice-guy
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2012, 03:24:45 AM »
What I like doing with matches can be dangerous but awesome.
What I do is, I take the box and hold it between my index finger and my palm.
Then I place with it's head on the strip and hold it upright with my thumb.
I then use fy other hand to flick the match which, if done correctly, should ignite and go flying forwards.

Offline Kaya

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • B3 l00k1n L1k3 D4ng H3'2 Fly
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: dragon with feathered wings
  • Coloring: Green eyes, purple and blue hair to her mid back purple and blue scales on her body
  • Height: 5' 10''
  • Weight: 120lbs
  • Build: alletically built
  • Currently: Nursing a cracked spine and busted right hip
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2012, 03:27:49 AM »
mmmm i think i shall try that some time
  • Signature art by: me
you can always return to the land of goodness. the road is paved with many challenges, but the most rewarding paths are not always the easiest.

Offline Scar WhiteDream

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Art by Soryane :)
    • Awards
  • Species: Pure artic Husky
  • Coloring: Black fur with white belly. Paws are ¾ black and ¼ white. Tail is white`^ with a black stripe all the way. Ears are white too and I have black spiked hair.
  • Height: 5'6" ½
  • Weight: 179 LBS
  • Build: Well shaped
  • Currently: On the edge of a breakdown =/
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2012, 05:15:23 AM »
Well you know... I do agree with you. I love playing with lighters. Especially when my friends let them lose in their appartments. I play with them so much, that I think I can concider myself suffering with some minor case of pyromania O.o See, When I play with lighters, I don't only light them up over and over again... I pass my fingers until they burn a bit cuz I love the feeling of fire burning my fingers :I Also, I tend to put the flame over something that can catch on fire (like jeans, hair or whatever) and take it away a second before it can start to burn... So yeah... There's other stuff I do with a lighter so therefore, I can tell that I have a minor case of Pyromania because I can still control myself on how far I'll go with the fire.
Be an Angel, play like a Devil... Rock is my live, so I'll be a Badass Angel.

Puncia's Fundraising Project

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailent, "If I live I will kill you, if I die you are forgiven." Such as the rule of honor. - Lamb of God

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2012, 09:25:23 AM »
Try getting soft iron and melting it over a bonfire than whipping it around, it looks like you have whips of lava, it's so awesome!
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline sebflynn

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2012, 06:34:41 PM »
remind me to never piss you of anoni also if you add aluminum and ironoxide(rust) it creates a super hot powder that will burn through literally any thing hell it burnt through a car seriously so i would only use it in a open field with little wind very dangerous but very fun to play with cause you can add stones and make a awesome pool of lava and just dip stuff in it. and a great way to light it is by using a match not do not use a lighter this stuff is insanely hot and will cause severe burns. i would also recommend using very very small amounts and using a long fuse.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 06:41:09 PM by sebflynn »
im new here to being furry s im sorry if i say something stupid or don't get the jargon.

Offline Puncia

• The Freaky
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
  • I am funny and intelligent. And attractive.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Twilight Leopard
  • Height: 9 ft long (274 cm), 7 ft tall (213 cm); tail, 12 ft (365 cm)
  • Weight: 2315 lbs (1050 kg)
  • Build: Stocky
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: *flop* One-man furpile.
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2012, 08:14:05 PM »
Just remember to be cautious and don't cause any harm to yourself or those around you.

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2012, 09:00:29 AM »
Naturally.

That's why I advice, to everyone, to not burn plastic. It releases fumes that can be toxic. :P

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Scar WhiteDream

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Art by Soryane :)
    • Awards
  • Species: Pure artic Husky
  • Coloring: Black fur with white belly. Paws are ¾ black and ¼ white. Tail is white`^ with a black stripe all the way. Ears are white too and I have black spiked hair.
  • Height: 5'6" ½
  • Weight: 179 LBS
  • Build: Well shaped
  • Currently: On the edge of a breakdown =/
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2012, 01:57:43 PM »
I remember once when I was a kid... I found a lighter somewhere and I don't know why but I started to play with it around my old house's propane tank and I almost started a fire beneath it =/ At that time, I was like 8 and unaware of the danger of it <.< Fortunately, my mom was there to prevent anything from happening.

But on another side, make burn some iron oxyde and you got yourself what we call "Thermites" that can make any metal melt :P Perfect for stealing banks >:3   0:)

And another thing I like to do is take two lighters, light up one and let out the butane out of the other one and light one lighter with the other. I think it's really cool. And sometimes, I like to light a lighter and fix the flame; I can fix it for a whole 10 minutes without giving attention to anything that revolves around me O.o
Be an Angel, play like a Devil... Rock is my live, so I'll be a Badass Angel.

Puncia's Fundraising Project

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailent, "If I live I will kill you, if I die you are forgiven." Such as the rule of honor. - Lamb of God

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2012, 10:35:05 AM »
Lighting copper makes a pretty green flame :3

Offline MrRazot

• Resident Nice-guy
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2012, 01:36:55 PM »
I like lighting magnesium :D

Offline sebflynn

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2012, 04:58:55 PM »
if you melt soy candle wax and have a high tolerance to pain you can stick your hand in a melted wax pile let it dry and your hand looks awesome.
also if you get a bonfire and put glass in it you can melt it you could then pick it up with an iron rod throw it against a wall and it goes awesome and splats crystallising looking really cool.

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2012, 03:40:30 PM »
I like lighting magnesium :D
Try lighting Sodium!
you don't even need a lighter! (Water works just as well)
putting a drop of water on SODIUM METAL

Offline sebflynn

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2012, 03:56:23 PM »
if you look on the periodic table if you can get your hands on any of the alkaline or earth metals and set them on fire its amassing its like a little fire work except you know with the danger of loosing a limb or being deafened by the sound.