The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: College Woes X.X  (Read 268 times)

Offline Nrein

• The Master of Speechcraft
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
  • As the humans say, "The truth will out!"
    • Awards
  • Species: Dewott
  • Currently: Needing a Smoke, hardcore.
College Woes X.X
« on: May 03, 2012, 05:01:26 AM »
Well, I did the one thing that half the teachers and students from my school said I'd never do. Got into college.

Just today, I had my final Academic meeting, and I've been officially registered a student of the Community College of Vermont. And then after that I had the meeting with the Financial Adviser and found out that I'll be getting into $5,000 of debt each semester x.x
Granted, $5,000 isn't as bad as most kids have to pay for college. But the problem is, is that the only reason I originally signed up was because Financial Aid was supposed to cover all the costs. But since my school is Out-of-State, a lot of my aid doesn't cross over. Which is why I'm at that $5,000 mark. What's more is that there aren't any jobs in my local area, at all. I can try getting some Under the Table work, but that's usually iffy at best in terms of stability. And of course, I had to go through and read all the information about taking out my loans, and that just scared me more into not wanting to go through with it x.x

Money is really tight for me right now. I can't even pay to replace my phone, with a $150 discount =I. We can't even afford to fill up our oil for heat, I think we've only got a few weeks left of it at best x.x Last thing I want to do is to get myself into a bind that if I can't pay it off, I'll just start a giant spiral into even more debt =I. But the catch is, if I don't go to college, I get kicked out of the house. As much as I'm sure I can muster the courage to go through with this, it's a really hard thing to do right now. And I'm really not sure what to do x.x

Offline Sij

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Probably the coolest fox ever.
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: White fur
  • Height: 5 Feet 11 Inches
  • Weight: 155 pounds
  • Build: In very good physical shape, lots of muscle, but it's lean and not bulky at all.
  • Currently: Glad to be back in the US of A. :)
Re: College Woes X.X
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 02:19:06 AM »
Make a list of pros and cons for both situations, go? Or don't go? Which has more pros? Which has more cons? As far as finances go and all that I really can't give any advice at all on that. The most I can say, is do what YOU REALLY want. And I mean in your heart of hearts, do what you TRULY want. That will be the best option.
Die the same way you were born, screaming and bathed in blood.
Who and what are simple questions, but why, will always make people cower. - My friend Eamon
The ones going into battle expecting the worst, are also prepared for the worst. - Me
Is the glass half empty or half full? If empty, you can still drink out of a half empty cup. - Me
Don't be stupid. - Me

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Nrein

• The Master of Speechcraft
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
  • As the humans say, "The truth will out!"
    • Awards
  • Species: Dewott
  • Currently: Needing a Smoke, hardcore.
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 02:29:57 AM »
Wow, kinda am surprised I got a response after all this time o.o;

Right now as far as I can tell, I'm officially on the train to get in. I've pushed past my worries and such, now I just need an ID to get my loans x.x

Offline Sij

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Probably the coolest fox ever.
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: White fur
  • Height: 5 Feet 11 Inches
  • Weight: 155 pounds
  • Build: In very good physical shape, lots of muscle, but it's lean and not bulky at all.
  • Currently: Glad to be back in the US of A. :)
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2012, 02:38:01 AM »
Wow, kinda am surprised I got a response after all this time o.o;

Right now as far as I can tell, I'm officially on the train to get in. I've pushed past my worries and such, now I just need an ID to get my loans x.x

Just do your best and you'll make it! :) When there's a will, there's a way. A phrase I like to go by, which I think fits this situation is, "Lots to think about, nothing to worry about."

I think it will work out for you. ;)
Die the same way you were born, screaming and bathed in blood.
Who and what are simple questions, but why, will always make people cower. - My friend Eamon
The ones going into battle expecting the worst, are also prepared for the worst. - Me
Is the glass half empty or half full? If empty, you can still drink out of a half empty cup. - Me
Don't be stupid. - Me

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!