The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Hybrid Ascension: Ghosts of Lylat (Pokemon/StarFox Crossover RP #2)  (Read 13336 times)

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Bibliophilic Philosopher
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • How can you expect to win if you don't play?
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Timber Wolf
  • Coloring: Grey and white.
  • Height: 6' 4''
  • Weight: 180 lbs
  • Build: Lithe and strong
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: No longer a member
Re: Hybrid Ascension: Ghosts of Lylat (Pokemon/StarFox Crossover RP #2)
« Reply #225 on: March 19, 2012, 03:58:23 AM »
Althea nodded her acquiescence. "Absolutely. Please feel free to tell a story or ask questions about my own." She tried to make her shyness at sharing disappear. "I think it's the sign of a fantastic squad if they know about each other. That is how the true bonds of brotherhood are formed and an efficient squad can become something more."
  • Signature art by: Puncia and Grisli (using art from Winged Zephyr) respectively

Offline BusterBuizel

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Back to the old sona
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Pokemon: Buizel
« Reply #226 on: March 19, 2012, 02:03:45 PM »

"I guess we're up sis," Mikey glanced at his sister, "Where do we start?"

"We were born the same day our father took office. Being twins, it's quite fun. We were never lonely and sometimes things would get interesting. Like what my brother said when we first met; we've always had a playful sibling rivalry ever since conception. Going back to the subject: since we were born on the same day the UPF was declared and united we served as the face of the Federation. Our faces are everywhere; TV screens, billboards, ads, patriotic inspirational programming. But enough about that," Tanya starts to pet her son resting on her lap.

"Tanya and I grew up in Pearl City (Portland) in the United States of Treasure Nation. Not the one in the state of Prime (Maine) but the one in Chinook (Oregon), just a couple hundred miles from the UPF Capitol of Emerald City (Seattle). We didn't live a life you'd expect from a celebrity, we were taught to enjoy simple things and honest values. It didn't matter who had the most things when they died, what mattered is what you did for the world. We were taught to put our trust in the Federation and help in anyway we could. I remember how I used to wrap the flag around my neck and use it as a cape. Something my father did during the Blue Spiral Galaxy Civil War. It was a sign of great respect just as long as you didn't try to get it dirty. It symbolizes the heroism of a true patriot. You remember the old footage of dad pulling off the flag from his neck and replacing the Rising Tide's from the top of the Soviet Statehouse in Volsingrad (Moscow), right Tanya?"

"How could I forget. Every Federationite knows how powerfully moving it was. Our father, a great leader he was, fought alongside his own men to the top of that building. He inspired all of them to fight for a future, for us," she paused and looked down at her pup, "for them... They say that true commanders fight alongside their men while still able to lead an army. Our father was no exception. Dispute what others told him before the battle he knew what he had to do. And that made him a hero. You can see how much we, and everyone else in the Federation, adore him. We really look up to our father, and being in the Special Forces is one way we can change the face of history."

"Although the Federation isn't perfect, it's close enough. It is a stable, fair, flexible, and a fine government and nation to call home. This is our home, our nation, our people. And we're doing all we can to keep it from collapse. Those are our ideals, personally Tanya and I enjoy a lot of the same things. We both like music, video games, technology, the internet, and snowboarding. As for our own interests I also like studying history. Mainly the 20th and 21st century. I know a lot about the First Global War, the Mandarin/Treasure war during 2020, and the Civil War we discussed earlier. Unlike what our scientists discovered about humans, our species thrives more on cooperation rather than competition. Something humans failed to understand. Oh well, we have to thank them for all the nuclear radiation and the few thousand years of natural selection," Mikey continued to jabber. Tanya waited for a chance to talk.

"As for me, I love hanging out with friends and traveling. I'm often at the mall or touring around a planet. I've also learned a few secondary languages such as Mandarin, Spanish, and Soviet as well as four languages of the Luna Isles. I would frequently visit Tokyo City in the Northern Isles because that's were my mother came from. All the bright lights, neon signs, the holograms, and tech surrounding the place gave quite a scene. The people there weren't afraid to express themselves. The Northern Isles are an odd bunch, but fun to get together nonetheless."
  • Signature art by: BFBC2 Stats & BF3 Stats

"The United Planetary Federation is my home, my land, and my country. The journey begins, and starts from within..." -Tanya Rubi Rivers, Recon, 1st Lt, Experimental Special Forces Task Force One: Frostbite.

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #227 on: March 19, 2012, 05:21:31 PM »
Althea nodded silently to herself as Mikey and Tanya spoke. It was interesting to hear about their lives and to see where they came from.  The two were an odd bunch, no lies, but they were honest and that is what mattered.

Nno wonder he choked when the curse of command was dropped in his lap. He was never trained as I was... If my father had seen me hesitate like that when soldiers under my command were in trouble... Althea thought about what her father would do when she hesitated in her lessons about command and leadership and lost herself in thought for a moment.

"You must not hesitate Althea. Your men are looking up to you..." he would say.

"Yes Father." Her eyes were always cast down. His disappointment was always evident when she failed.

"Perhaps another day out here will do you good."

"Yes Father."

Katsumoto Voss held out his hand. "Your arrows?"

"Yes Father," she would say as she handed over her ammunition. It would be another long day of finding shafts straight enough for arrows and hunting for a meal.

• Signature art by: Puncia and Grisli (using art from Winged Zephyr) respectively

Offline BusterBuizel

• Chatty Cheetah
  • Back to the old sona
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #228 on: March 21, 2012, 07:28:16 PM »
"Go ahead Zak, tell Althea how you came to be," Mikey suggested. Zak nodded and shrugged.

"I was a genetic experiment from the start. They took DNA samples from every living Pokemorph to determine the best possible mutations for my creation. My dad was an odd one as well. You see, his mother was a Maganium and his father a Charizard. Normally the offspring is dependent on the mother's subspecies, but in this case my father and his twin sister were born as Charmanders, from the same egg no less since they were reptilian. Now my biological mother was an Absol that had a unique shapeshifting ability. So put two and two together and it made the perfect combination for a hybrid organism. They've been trying to get a hybrid Pokemorph for over five hundred years, but none of them were successful. The breeding groups are our main reproductive hurdle. You often see stories of reptilian/mammalian mixed couples, but none of them could reproduce. That was a concern from day one of our sentient thoughts. As you can see the experiment was a success and even had little complication or hinderance. I was born live, healthy, and expected to live a normal lifespan, that much was a success. But there's still one problem," Zak looked at all of them cradling their children, "Like almost all hybrid organisms I'm sterile. I can't have children, and don't bother giving me any in this dreamspace, the shock of reality will thrust me into tears. But at least David can relate to me. He doesn't want to have children at all. It's his state of mind, he said this: 'Children are organisms and organisms die. Why would I want to have kids one day when they're all going to be dirt? Now think about my inventions. Those last throughout the ages!' then he showed me his wrench, 'Now think about his wrench. It can be mass produced, replicated, and it exists indefinitely with careful maintenance. Sure some of my trinkets will go obsolete and that's why I make so many. Hoping that one will be in use forever, eternally patented and a lasting legacy.' As for me, I think I'll take a place in History. I was selected along with Tanya, Mikey, and Ghost as part of this program because I am stronger, faster, and more capable than the individual sum of my parts. I'm a supersoldier; like my father and grandfather before me."

He strummed his guitar and tuned it, "I forgot to mention that Task Force Frostbite is also a music band. Mikey is on guitar, vocals, or bass along with myself, Tanya is the drummer and secondary vocalist, and Ghost and David can drop beats on the synth and turntable. We mostly play for fun, covering our favorite songs, but now and again we come up with original work. Ghost was experimenting with a beat similar to Foster the People when he leads, I like to play more hardstyle alternative fashioned after A Day to Remember, Mikey likes punk rock and regular alternative same with Tanya. We often place a suffix at the end of our name for our albums denoting our individual styles. People go wild for us since we're able to copy the classics so well. Would everyone like to share hobbies next?"

"The United Planetary Federation is my home, my land, and my country. The journey begins, and starts from within..." -Tanya Rubi Rivers, Recon, 1st Lt, Experimental Special Forces Task Force One: Frostbite.

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Racious Racoon
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #229 on: March 21, 2012, 11:12:07 PM »
Althea kind of blushed when hobbies were mentioned. It wasn't as though she had nothing to share, it was that she didn't really want anyone to know... especially not Ghost.

She tried to surreptitiously push the little notebook in her pocket deeper so that it was hidden. In that little book were her attempts at poetry (Kimiko is so much better than I) and art. She had gotten... proficient... at landscapes and architectural drawings but couldn't quite get faces down. The nose was always too big or the eyes too far apart for her liking. She had already tried to draw Ghost once or twice and she just couldn't get his ears right.

That, and whenever you get close to finishing you catch yourself staring at it!

"It sounds like Team Frostbite is quite the squad. I think the closest thing to a squad that doubled as a band that I've served with was a group of Helljumpers that never left base without the youngest member carrying around an old harmonica... it was lucky for them." She cleared her throat. "As for me, I don't have such a visible hobby. I read, I train, I meditate when the mood strikes me, but not much else..."

Offline BusterBuizel

• Chatty Cheetah
  • Back to the old sona
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #230 on: March 23, 2012, 10:12:33 PM »
"I think it's almost morning, we're here," Zak faded out of the dreamspace and dissappeared.

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Racious Racoon
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #231 on: March 24, 2012, 07:01:45 PM »
Althea nodded. Although her psychic abilities were nominal at best (unless furious, but that held it's own dangers...) her dream-walking abilities were very good. Even when asleep, she'd been able to keep track of the time that had passed. She knew that it was three minutes before reverie.

"Good bye Ghost," she said as she stood up and brushed the grass from her uniform. "I will be checking in on you..."

She faded from the dream and woke on her bed. She was not groggy in any way, a blessing of dream-walking with experience. She went to take a quick shower and got into her leisure uniform, a simple affair of grey and black highlights with her rank and name across the left breast. As she zipped up the uniform however, there was a knock on the door.

"May I assist you," Althea asked as she opened the door.

A young, intense-looking Houndour Private saluted the moment she could see him through the door. "Captain Voss, I have been instructed to tell you that the person of interest that you were to meet this morning has been transferred off-ship and we have landed on Ultimax."

"Thank you Private". She gave the Private a salute before closing the door and grabbing her own gear. She headed out to meet everyone at breakfast.

Offline BusterBuizel

• Chatty Cheetah
  • Back to the old sona
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #232 on: March 25, 2012, 07:35:47 PM »
A few minutes later in the mess hall of the ship the rest of Task Force Frostbite invited Althea over to the Special Forces lounge to dine with them. The giant lunchroom was typical for a ship interior with dull gray chrome walls and metallic surfaces, although the lunch tables were a folding, padded plastic type for easy storage. The Special Forces lounge was a different story. It was luxurious, although still matching the style of the ship's interior. There were numerous u-shaped booths situated like that of a restaurant with comfy leather seats. There were large monitors nearby which were showing the Ultimax Pokemorph Battling Finals. The lunchroom operated much like a buffet, with troops lining up to eat as much as they want. The usual international fair was present: pancakes, waffles, sushi, noodles, kebabs, scrambled eggs, biscuits, and other assorted breakfast foods from all the nations of Ultimax. Tanya was the first one to greet Althea.

"Morning, sorry about what happened yesterday. What do you have there?" Tanya was curious to what was on Althea's plate.

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Racious Racoon
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #233 on: March 25, 2012, 07:49:30 PM »
"Just some rice," Althea said as she tipped her plate to display her breakfast. "Old training regimens never die off right?"

That was only partially true. Her father had never starved or subjected her to privation as a punishment during her training (when she had asked why, he would always say it served no purpose beyond training her to resist the pain of the body and was an ineffective punishment). Instead, she would receive only the bare minimum: rice and water. Hence her bland and rather small meal.

This will be harder than I thought... especially as the ones I wronged are already forgiving me. I'll just have to be the best on this next mission, but a few days of tasteless meals will do me good anyways.

"I would ask how everyone slept," Althea said as she took a seat next to Tanya. Her back was perfectly straight and her hands folded in her lap for the moment. "But I think I already know the answer. Has anyone seen Captain Olaris?"

Offline BusterBuizel

• Chatty Cheetah
  • Back to the old sona
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #234 on: March 28, 2012, 02:47:10 AM »
"He's still in the medbay caring for Tohaku," Tanya replied, "You should eat more Althea, in a few hours we're going flying. Ever flown a fighter before?"

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Racious Racoon
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #235 on: March 28, 2012, 03:08:46 AM »
Ignoring the comment about her eating more, Althea dug out her chopsticks. "Me? A fighter pilot? Last time I was behind the controls of one of those it was a simulation. I was never very good at the dogfighting aspect of it. I can get from point A to point B and I can line up a bomb run, but that's about it. My place is behind a scope." Althea took a large bite of her rice breakfast. "Maybe I can fly Reo for one of you guys, that way you don't have to come get me when I accidentally hit the eject!"

Offline BusterBuizel

• Chatty Cheetah
  • Back to the old sona
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #236 on: March 28, 2012, 03:26:32 AM »
"Well in that case I think I have you on the ground team along with Olaris if he's up for it. Otherwise we're understrength. Hmm... Tell you what, why don't you introduce yourself to our friends and rival ESFP: Black Claw Squadron. You can tag along with them for the ground ops while the rest of Frostbite covers you from the air and space. Sound good Althea? And can you check up on Olaris first? I what to make sure he's okay," Mikey suggested, "Dismissed."

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Racious Racoon
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #237 on: March 28, 2012, 03:53:17 AM »
While Mikey spoke, Althea had been transferring rice into her mouth as fast as etiquette would allow. With such a bland meal, there was no need to savor every bite. It was fuel for the body, nothing more. The plan sounded weak, but she was sure that as they got closer to it the plan would get fleshed out.

She nodded as Mikey asked for her opinion (she had rice in her mouth...). "I think I'll go to the Med bay first if that's alright," Althea said as she moved to put her dishes where the cleaning staff would pick it up. Since she'd be off on a mission, her thought on self-punishment of cleaning dishes now sounded impossible.

Guess I'll just be on permanent KP for this mission...

She left and headed down to the Medbay, hoping to catch Orlaris checking in on Tohaku. Maybe she'd be able to contact Ghost one more time too...

Offline BusterBuizel

• Chatty Cheetah
  • Back to the old sona
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #238 on: April 21, 2012, 03:44:48 AM »
"Hey sis," Mikey glanced over to Tanya.

"Yeah?"

"Optimistically where do you see the Federation five years from now? That dream got me curious."

"I'd say this: our great nation was forged in the fires of war, driven by a passionate, loving leader who proved to the nation that he was gonna get the job done and do whatever he could to protect his citizens," she paused, "The tradition of excellence goes to us and our children Mikey. One of us is going to be the new President and we've got our whole lives ahead of us. If I had to guess then we'd form an alliance with the Lylat system and restart foreign policy. We've been out of touch from the rest of the other civilized species out there."

"I wonder if there are any humans out there."

"I wouldn't be surprised," Tanya added, "Records show a few of their crude ships escaped before the whole mass extinction. Plus we've got strands of their DNA locked up in our vaults. If we ever find any then they might want their planet back."

"Hmm..." Mikey looked out into space and pondered about the future of the Federation, "We're not gonna give up Ultimax are we?"

"They may have been our creators, but our homeland is our homeland, and if they seek no compromise then there's no choice but war."