The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Hindrance of popularity  (Read 3699 times)

Offline maggintons

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter
  • a cat that purrs/meows/licks/sniffs etc
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • my little ol youtube account
    • Awards
  • Species: maggcat
  • Coloring: black with a white chin and chest
  • Build: rather skinny but cute looking
  • Currently: doing college stuff college people do
Re: Hindrance of popularity
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2012, 03:50:01 PM »
Agreed >.> It's annoying and frustrating that I may have to be pushed to 'that' because no one gives a toss otherwise.
that is not true on fur affinity there is a fur called sephyfluff and he gets tons of commissions and they are all not that smutty stuff

you should see his account and mebbe pm him about your problem
this is the signature of maggintons patented under the law within his imagination :3

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
Re: Hindrance of popularity
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2012, 07:04:19 PM »
I wouldn't generalize it so much if I were you. Some online artists who don't draw pron are very popular. In fact, lately it seems like more of a craze to say "no, I don't draw smut don't ask" than to say "yesh I do draw that." It depends on skill, asthetics, what time you post your art, whether or not the person who sees it is too lazy to say anything or not, and most importantly advertisement and searches.

If you draw something once and it goes into your gallery, it may not get viewed by anyone except the first few who saw it in their updates or on the front page because 99% of the community doesn't even know your art exists to tell you that they like it. Doesn't matter whether it's pron or not. Pron thereby is ressurected because people SEARCH for it. They're more likely to search for pron than to type in your OC's name or random species into the search box.

Also, I'm upset that pron has such a bad rep. No-one's pushing you into 'that,' Kite....If you don't want to draw it, then don't, find another more constructive way to get attention for your art. Some of us who draw pron don't get as much attention as you think we do, but we keep at it because to us it is just as much art as anything. It is not scary and nobody's coercing people into the dark side with pron.

Sorry, my fur was a little ruffled after awhile. I agree that people who have skill should get the attention they deserve, and those with absolutely no talent should stop being worshipped, but the pron community is not a bunch of no-talent saps, and we don't get all the attention either.
x