The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Write a Paragraph, push the story  (Read 12398 times)

Offline Daemon

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • OVER 9000 HOURS IN PAINT.NET
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: polar bear
  • Coloring: white
  • Height: 6'8"
  • Weight: 220lbs
  • Build: muscular, chubby
  • Currently: Grammar Nazi
Re: Write a Paragraph, push the story
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2012, 03:36:44 AM »
Otebon put on a fresh burst of speed. "Marcus!" He shouted. He heard Marcus' voice ring out "I know! They got NSD operational!" Otebon caught up to Marcus, and noticed Sarah was looking around with wonder. "Why do you think all these people are here?" She asked. "Are they playing a game?" Tammo looked at Sarah and said "What is a NSD?" Marcus, turned to the pair. "We don't have time for this, okay? There are some very bad men after us, and we need to keep moving."

Offline Aoren Deringer

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • When god closes a door, I plant a breaching charge
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: African Painted Dog
  • Coloring: Black, red and white.
  • Height: Standing: short. Sitting: Slightly... taller?
  • Weight: 97.000000000000017 Kg
  • Build: Medium build, muscular.
  • Currently: Working on the sweetest sciences
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2012, 09:38:26 PM »
They ran together this time, not through the cars but into the treeline. Marcus didn't know why the NSD wasn't affecting them, and he didn't want to know. They were now short a vehicle and a rifle with some evidentally highly advanced organisation after them; they had to avoid every trace of civilisation if they hoped to make it through this now. How ironic the thought forced its way into his head, almost as if it wasn't his How IRONIC that they had tried so very hard to get away, to avoid these complications. How ironic that they had barely made it down a two roads. How ironic that someone else seemed to know their every move. The thoughts pounded his head as he ran.
  • Avatar by: Myself, during an experiment with inversion.
"Science isn't about being conservative with your cash, it's about spending as much as you can as ridiculously as you can and hoping it doesn't explode."
- Sjin

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!
-Aoren Rekner Ilon Deringer, F.D.F. Mechanised Unit Commander, Four Stars.

Life is an adventure! Sure, you'll probably spend most of it weeping uncontrollably, and on fire, but hey!

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Bibliophilic Philosopher
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
  • How can you expect to win if you don't play?
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Timber Wolf
  • Coloring: Grey and white.
  • Height: 6' 4''
  • Weight: 180 lbs
  • Build: Lithe and strong
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: No longer a member
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2012, 10:10:51 PM »
Marcus had to really work to keep up with Otebon as they ran through the trees. The cadence of his thoughts certainly helped, but a few thousand years of evolution weren't overcome that easily. You and those digitigrade legs Otebon, Marcus thought as he began to breath heavily through his mouth and nose. You don't even work out and you can run for days. Humans just aren't cut out for this junk. Marcus glanced back to see how far they'd gone and was surprised to see their progress. In their haste to get away, they had already put about a mile and a half between them and the road. Also, as luck would have it, the interstate curved around this forest for miles, meaning that they were still making great progress towards Mack's house.
  • Signature art by: Puncia and Grisli (using art from Winged Zephyr) respectively

Offline Daemon

• Handsome Horse
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2012, 01:06:50 AM »
I don't have time to write anything, I'm just posting to let everyone know, that the restrictions for waiting to post have been removed. So, let's get more written, okay? :D

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2012, 01:12:43 AM »
So just write? Still one paragraph, but just post when someone new has posted?
  • Signature art by: Puncia and Grisli (using art from Winged Zephyr) respectively

Offline Daemon

• Handsome Horse
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2012, 10:44:17 AM »
That's pretty much it. I'd hate to see this thread die before the story is over. >.>

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Racious Racoon
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2012, 02:22:17 PM »
Alright, I was last poster, but I have some time...

One thing that Marcus just couldn't get through his head as they ran was why they hadn't been hit by the NSD when it went off. Of course there wasn't an explosion or anything to mark it. The NSD was meant to quickly and effectively shut down an area; make it secure. Otebon hadn't said much about his research on the subject, but it sounded like someone was pulling some major strings. Otebon had said that it wasn't military in nature, but all Marcus could think of was that this device could be used to great effect in battle. Imagine it. A stalemate on the front lines, until you send out this baby... then all it would be is a cleanup operation as you slaughter helpless people and secure new territory...

Offline Aoren Deringer

• Lovable Lion
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2012, 06:57:36 PM »
Of course it was but moments beforeMarcus realised what was going on; this was a cleanup operation. But what of the men in the truck? They had been hit, too. "Otebon, stop for a minute." The thoughts continued to rush through his head, becoming clearer with each resounding pulse of his heart. " Otebon... We need to talk about this. The little ones cant run any further," he gestured at Tammo and Sarah, who were on the brink of collapse "and we need to talk about the NSD. Before we go any further we need to know who's using it. We need to know why we're safe and we need to know why those people got hit. Otebon..." Marcus trailed off. Otebon was not listening to him in the slightest.

Hmm. I have a character idea that I'm thinking of implementing upon arrival at the "Marks" house but seeing as that's not really in my hands... Otebon, if possible could you leave me the 'arrival-at-Marks' paragraph? You don't have t, it's just me flailing under a story with minimal control xD
"Science isn't about being conservative with your cash, it's about spending as much as you can as ridiculously as you can and hoping it doesn't explode."
- Sjin

Life is an adventure! Sure, you'll probably spend most of it weeping uncontrollably, and on fire, but hey!

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Racious Racoon
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2012, 05:34:30 AM »
Your wish is my command Aoren.

Otebon slowed and eventually came to a stop just on the edge of the highway as it appeared before them. He turned with an embarrassed (and almost sheepish) expression. "About that..." he began as he breathed heavily through his nose and gazed back to the road they had just left. "I think I may need to come clean about something. The reason the NSD didn't have an effect on you or the kids is that through the course of my research I came across an interesting facet of the NSD: the signal is blocked by the Blood-Brain barrier if the subject's blood chemistry has the right amount of iron... so..."

Feel free to do what you wish Aoren. It may be best to have Mark come pick us up, like he was looking out for us. Up to you though. Also feel free to yell at Otebon all you like!

Offline Aoren Deringer

• Lovable Lion
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2012, 11:36:16 PM »
Ooh you've given me an idea! Sorry if this paragraph becomes a bit long- I'm just going to introduce my character now. Although it worries me that I may be doing it too quickly... Either way I'm impatient and too rarely do I add to this xD

Marcus looked horrified "You knew something like this was going to happen!?" Otebon stared back somewhat meekly "Well, thought..." Marcus was infuriated. "So you've, you've... "You've been giving us what?" Otebon looked away momentarily before opening his mouth to reply "Iron supplements." But the voice was not his; It as deep and guttural, coming from behind them. Both Marcus and Otebon whipped around, behind them a large man. Otebon begin to grasp for his M9 but froze; the stranger had an assault rifle pointed directly at them. Marcus looked on, dumbstruck. This was no normal assailant; he stood well over six foot two, had thick hair, tapered ears and an overlarge lower jaw parting his lips to reveal a row of sharp teeth. He gripped his rifle, a Kalashnikov model, with large clawwed hands. Half human... the thought was like a whisper. Both he and Otebon waited for a reply, the children cried out of alarm and exhaustion. Silence, then "You fit the description. My name is... Smith." The words seemed unnatural coming out of his mouth as he lowered his rifle "I followed you from the highway. I'm here to take you to Mark."

Hmm I really wanted to say Mr.______ But as "Mark" doesn't have a patrionym... Anyway I'm hoping I didn't overstep my bounds or rush things too much. I wanted to have a character with a racial stigma. I figure a half-human half-fur would be both genetically uncommon and generally... Disliked. Thus "Smith". Anyway it's back to you xD Ignore my earlier request. I also figure a "description" would work because A.) a paradigm involving Otebon/Marcus identifying themselves would take multiple paragraphs and B.) if it didn't fit a character in such a position could easily kill them.
- Sjin

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Racious Racoon
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2012, 03:41:49 AM »
Otebon and Marcus reacted in the exact same way as "Smith" lowered his rifle. They glanced at each other with a bit of a worried expression before turning back to "Smith". The same thought was running through their heads. Half-Humans (or Half-Animals, or Mutts, or whatever other slur could be hurled against them) weren't very well received in society, and for good reason. They were a recent addition, the result of a "Super-Soldier" project gone awry. But it seemed that all this was known to "Smith" as he smiled and pointed off to his right. "Come quickly," he said in that deep voice of his. "We need to get airborne quickly. Mr. Sullivan doesn't like to be kept waiting."

Aoren, feel free to build anything you like. The way I see it, if I haven't stated it explicitely, it's up to you to build as you see fit. I love this game as it allows us to build off each other's ideas. If a character I intro doesn't have a last name, give them one. If I fail to provide a description, write one. This is our world. We hold the Power here!

BWAHAHAHAHA

Offline Aoren Deringer

• Lovable Lion
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2012, 10:31:37 PM »
"Smith" began to walk them north, towards a small hill rising above the treeline. "Quickly now, this area will soon be scoured." his attempted whisper made them all slightly uncomfortable, and now that his back was turned they could see a second rifle in holstered there. Obviously a dangerous fellow Otebon thought as he followed blindly to the clearing. Reaching the bottom, he bade them to stop "It is dangerous in the open, allow me to continue alone." Smith continued to the top of the hill, maybe two hundred feet away he pulled a small device from a hip pouch. Several minutes passed, and then as if sensing the time he beckoned for them. Otebon and Marcus, now carrying the children, followed just as an old UH-1 dustily beat it's way over the tree line towards them. The small helicopter swayed as it came in above them, and Otebon had the feeling that he was being watched from the dark interior cockpit. He prempted Smith and turned to Marcus, who was still holding Sarah and said "It's time to go for a chopper ride."

Nice laugh, Otebon :P Really brings out the illusion of your sanity. But I get what you're saying :P
- Sjin

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Racious Racoon
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2012, 12:07:35 AM »
Otebon took Tammo from Marcus' hands and began to move towards the helicopter. He covered Tammo's head and crouched as he ran to the grounded bird and almost jumped into the open door. With the speed of familiarity, Otebon strapped Tammo into a seat before doing the same for himself. Marcus was soon to follow and, as he watched, Otebon remembered back to the time when he used to be in helicopters all the time, back when he was actually being paid to do his research. Their guide, "Smith" was right on Marcus' heels and as soon as his feet were off the ground the rotors sped up, lifting the UH-1 off the ground. Otebon was more than happy to keep his silence a little bit longer (it gave him more time to study "Smith" and the helicopter itself) but Marcus leaned forward and yelled over the sound of the engine. "Where are we going?"

Offline Aoren Deringer

• Lovable Lion
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2012, 06:27:33 PM »
"Mr. Sullivan has a compound to the north. Got a couple men holed up. Mostly neighbors, lot of women and children, too many of the useless sort." Marcus looked slightly uncomfortable at this and changed the subject "So how long have you known Mark?" Smith turned to Otebon, looking at him as if he wasn't there. Silence ensued, save for the steady beat of the rotors. "Long enough." The reply did not seem to ease Marcus. In the lull Otebon looked below; another NSD strike, thousands of little bodies, no emitter. It was like they were being prepared for something. Further ahead, steep mountains loomed. "Marcus..." Otebon's voice was drowned out over the rotors. In it was awe and fear. "Marcus!" this time he could be heard, and Marcus looked at him quizzically. "Marcus, those mountains are new." Smith nodded knowingly.

Bwuahahaha I feel like I threw a bit of a curveball xD
- Sjin

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Racious Racoon
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2012, 12:45:26 AM »
"What?" Marcus asked as he moved his head closer to the window and peered down at the new mountains. "What could have..." A look of revelation crossed his face. He turned back to Otebon and the two of them shared a glance. Where the human's glance showed a sense of mild fear and amazement, Otebon looked as though he were about to be sick. Otebon turned to Smith. "Mark and I worked together for a long time on the same projects. He and I are good friends and I want to talk to him." Otebon bowed his head and whispered almost to himself in a voice that couldn't be heard in the noisy helicopter, but Marcus could read his muzzle. What are you doing Marcus... you know that they won't stop on account of children...