The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Advice needed  (Read 266 times)

Offline Reddy600

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Crimson, Tan, Black
Advice needed
« on: January 17, 2012, 09:19:45 PM »
I will tell you the whole story.

I have known for a long time I was different than everyone else my age, I was more mature, and more cognitively aware but most of all I felt it. I don't know how to describe it, I felt different.

A little over a year ago I decided to find out more about myself and most of all this 'feeling'. 

One of the most disturbing things I discovered is that I died  at a very young age and that just as the doctors were about to give up on me I came to.

It didn't take me that long to stumble into the furry community. I must admit it fit, it made sense. But after some exploration I realized it still wasn't quite right.

Solution? MORE RESEARCH! Admittedly it took me a while but I then found the Therian/Otherkin community. This discovery hit much closer to home than the furry community.

Present - I am currently trying to figure out if my suspicions are correct, I am fairly sure I am a Dragon but I am yet to confirm this. I have had many dreams featuring me as a dragon and it may sound weird but sometimes my body feels like it's a different shape, not physically but in some other form. This feeling occurs mostly when I am looking within myself or meditating.

Looking at other Dragon's in the Otherkin community I see many of them have their dragon name and can remember some form draconic words. They know what they look like and some even have memories. I don't know how to discover these things within myself and I fear I may be looking in all the wrong places, I ask that anyone who have found themselves in a similar position in the past to please give me some advice.

Thankyou,

Offline Ottersmash

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Skeptical Squawker
  • Species: Short-billed black cockatoo
  • Currently: Studying
Re: Advice needed
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 10:48:59 PM »
The otherkin communities themselves are probably the best places to ask. However, even as a person in love with the more spiritual and supernatural sides of life, I'd suggest you exercise caution and take everything you hear with a grain of salt. It's a community where, even knowing full well how strange waking memories and minds are, people often take dreams and fleeting thoughts as literal, unaltered glimpses into their past incarnations.