The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Fursona  (Read 521 times)

Offline FurryNoob2740

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: ???
Fursona
« on: December 21, 2011, 06:12:01 PM »
I am new to the furry community and I have no idea what my fursona is. I would like to think i am a wolf but how is one sure that is their true frusona rather than just a hope that that's what I am.

Offline Puncia

• The Freaky
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
  • I am funny and intelligent. And attractive.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Twilight Leopard
  • Height: 9 ft long (274 cm), 7 ft tall (213 cm); tail, 12 ft (365 cm)
  • Weight: 2315 lbs (1050 kg)
  • Build: Stocky
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: *flop* One-man furpile.
Re: Fursona
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 06:22:04 PM »
A fursona is simply something you decide yourself. Some stick to the same old all their life, some change every week or month, some have just one and some have dozens.

Creating a Fursona might give you some helpful pointers, but it's your choice. :)

Offline Tron Cat

• Boisterous Bear
  • Why must you burn a hole so deep in to my soul
    • Awards
  • Species: white tiger
  • Coloring: white and black
  • Height: 6"4'
  • Weight: 230
  • Build: like a truck
  • Currently: things weren't always this way and I know you not blame
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 07:22:07 PM »
Think about what kind of person you are and what kind of  personality you have. Are you fun and playful like a dog/wolf
Or sly like a cat/fox or maybe you are strong qnd powerful like a dragon or maybe you are something new and unknow. Good luck finding yours.

Offline Vine Tabris

• Chatty Cheetah
  • [hisses]
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Demon
  • Currently: visiting graveyards
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2011, 02:25:32 AM »
There isn't really a "true spiritual guardian spirit of the soul" type business when it comes to picking a fursona.
It's just what you want it to be.
You like bats and find them interesting? Make a bat character, give it a personality.
If you don't feel you connect with it just make another one.
Most people go through multiple fursonas and just keep the old fursonas as OCs for stories or stock characters for roleplays or whatever else.
Just go with whatever animal you want or have an interest in, you don't have to force yourself to try to fit some cookie cutter spiritual furry description, just do whatever makes you happy. Pbt, don't feel like you connect with any current animals? Make up your own, whatever, it's your character, the only boundaries are in your head.

Offline Puncia

• The Freaky
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
  • I am funny and intelligent. And attractive.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Twilight Leopard
  • Height: 9 ft long (274 cm), 7 ft tall (213 cm); tail, 12 ft (365 cm)
  • Weight: 2315 lbs (1050 kg)
  • Build: Stocky
  • Currently: *flop* One-man furpile.
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2011, 01:07:39 PM »
It's not like furries need to have a fursona in the first place.

Yes, it's both handy and fun and many make good use of theirs as well. But it doesn't mean that everyone in a furry forum needs to have a made up animal avatar.

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • I never give up... so don't push me. >_<
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Height: 5' 10&quot;
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
  • Currently: Holding out for a hero... but always having to save myself.
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2011, 11:03:57 PM »
Yeah, lots of folks don't specify a fursona.
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html
Don't mess with Grammaton Clerics. THEY WILL END YOU.