The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: anyone wanna help me think of an rp  (Read 3606 times)

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • A whole world ahead of me to do stupid things.
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger/raven mix
  • Coloring: Gold and black fur seguing into black feathers
  • Height: 5 foot.
  • Weight: 220 pounds of fur and feathers
  • Build: Strong, lean, and agile. Built more for hunting or long range battle than heavy weapons or close range.
  • Currently: I shall live again! (Maybe.)
Re: anyone wanna help me think of an rp
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2011, 06:03:04 PM »
I've had a few ideas in the past I'd never be able to pull off.  Maybe you can.  :)

Genre: General
Rating: T
Idea: Humans and Furries have never been at peace.  Recently though, after the assassination of a prominant human, war has broken out.  There can be no good to come from this, and losing the war will mean an entire species will be gone.

Rating: N/A
Idea: Role reversal!  Humans and most prey furries are hunted like animals and displayed through taxedermy.  Only the best survive.  Are you one of them?
I have an angry teddy bear with a flamethrower and a bad temper.

He's not as cute as Lucifer said he'd be, but at least the chainsaw is hidden.

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Bibliophilic Philosopher
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • How can you expect to win if you don't play?
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Timber Wolf
  • Coloring: Grey and white.
  • Height: 6' 4''
  • Weight: 180 lbs
  • Build: Lithe and strong
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: No longer a member
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2011, 08:48:20 PM »
I apologize.

Are you asking for people like me to help you build the story so you can run it yourself, are you looking for someone else to run your story, or is there another option you are trying to explore?
  • Signature art by: Puncia and Grisli (using art from Winged Zephyr) respectively

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Build: Strong, lean, and agile. Built more for hunting or long range battle than heavy weapons or close range.
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2011, 09:05:51 PM »
Just giving ideas.

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2011, 09:18:29 PM »
Well then. In response to the first one.

Rating: T
Idea: Humans and Furries have never been at peace.  Recently though, after the assassination of a prominant human, war has broken out.  There can be no good to come from this, and losing the war will mean an entire species will be gone.

I am actually running an RP like this right now in the adult section. You are free to join if you wish and can reach it (sorry, your age isn't listed in your profile), but if you wanted to write your own then here are the questions that I feel you need to answer.

-What is the nature of the problem? I began with Furries being the result of a disease that turned humans into Furs. If Furs have always existed, then there needs to be another source of conflict. Perhaps it is a territorial or resource based dispute.
-What was the cause of the death of the "prominent human"? This doesn't need to be revealed to your players immediately or even at all. It does need to exist however as it determines the reactions of people in the world. If it was natural, albeit suspicious, causes (like a car crash or a heart attack in an otherwise healthy human) then it is played like Pre-WWI diplomacy where everything is reactionary. If it is purposeful / an assassination (which is what you've written, but I like to explore every path), then it could be retaliatory.
-What / Why are the Players together? Are they the Spec Op group of the Furry nation? Are they just people thrown together by war and figuring it out by themselves? Are they prisoners being interrogated as spies?

For the second one...

Rating: N/A
Idea: Role reversal!  Humans and most prey furries are hunted like animals and displayed through taxedermy.  Only the best survive.  Are you one of them?

... very similar questions need to be answered. Focus however on the "What is the nature of the relationship between Humans and Furs?" question. Is this a new thing for humans to do, or has this been happening since the dawn of time? If this is common, why is it a problem worthy of an RP?

RPs are (in my humble opinion) a story told through the narrative of the players. You don't have to worry about characters. The premise of the story, the WHY, needs to be there though. Without that, there is no RP.
  • Signature art by: Puncia and Grisli (using art from Winged Zephyr) respectively

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2011, 12:25:36 AM »
I know what you mean.  I tend to keep things vague at first to let the story work itself most of the time (That, and I don't always think things through).  Anytime I've tried to get too specific, it's back fired on me with little interest, like New Life or Bred to Serve.

1. I wish I was old enough to join yours.  It certainly sounds interesting.  Being sixteen backfires a lot.
*Furries are entirely separate from humans, with different genes and such.
*Currently, not released.  I had poison in mind though, usually by a servant furry.
*They have not been brought together by anything but circumstances.  They have never met, and if they have, it's only between a small group of them.

2. This one has many of the same circumstances as above, and could be viewed as a prequel.  The only thing worth specifically noting is that Furries are, by our vocabulary, game in a world of hunters.  They are seen as animals, with no defining traits in the eyes of humans besides being good for leather.

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Racious Racoon
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2011, 01:00:42 AM »
 :*

I love the idea of combining the two. It makes the story that much more interesting!!!

In a world where Furries are hunted and thrown into the gutter of a "pure" human society, there are so many opportunities for a good story. How about this...

Humans dominate the world. Furries are the lowest of the low in society as they fulfill one of 3 roles: game for hunters, servants for the rich, or menial labor. A revolution is on the horizon however as the slave of (Insert important person here) murdered their master.

The players are part of a resistance group. For ideas of specific situations, look at similar historical events (Pre-Soviet Russia, the history of South America, etc.) and various movies / video games / books.

It could be huge.

Offline Kaya

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • B3 l00k1n L1k3 D4ng H3'2 Fly
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: dragon with feathered wings
  • Coloring: Green eyes, purple and blue hair to her mid back purple and blue scales on her body
  • Height: 5' 10''
  • Weight: 120lbs
  • Build: alletically built
  • Currently: Nursing a cracked spine and busted right hip
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2011, 01:08:42 AM »
hehe that's why you're my friend Aldrea.. XD you come up with the most epic sens, when i am only rather good with dialog and the gore description.. XD
  • Signature art by: me
you can always return to the land of goodness. the road is paved with many challenges, but the most rewarding paths are not always the easiest.

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2011, 01:12:58 AM »
I love that idea!  :D  This would be so fun to do.   :*

Offline Kaya

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • B3 l00k1n L1k3 D4ng H3'2 Fly
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: dragon with feathered wings
  • Coloring: Green eyes, purple and blue hair to her mid back purple and blue scales on her body
  • Height: 5' 10''
  • Weight: 120lbs
  • Build: alletically built
  • Currently: Nursing a cracked spine and busted right hip
« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2011, 01:13:26 AM »
indeed. :)
  • Signature art by: me
you can always return to the land of goodness. the road is paved with many challenges, but the most rewarding paths are not always the easiest.

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Racious Racoon
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2011, 03:44:36 AM »
So should I now be on the look out for an OOC?

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2011, 04:28:55 PM »
I'll do my best.  :)