The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Advice in the form of a rant-  (Read 275 times)

Offline Aoren Deringer

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • When god closes a door, I plant a breaching charge
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: African Painted Dog
  • Coloring: Black, red and white.
  • Height: Standing: short. Sitting: Slightly... taller?
  • Weight: 97.000000000000017 Kg
  • Build: Medium build, muscular.
  • Currently: Working on the sweetest sciences
Advice in the form of a rant-
« on: November 14, 2011, 11:44:52 PM »
Ok so over the past weekend I've attended a "terrible book burning", a pseudo-pagan ritual honoring roman emperors as a god-kind, jumped from increasingly dangerous points (and made an excellent landing from an impromptu swan dive), chased friends around one legged (I'll get into that momentarily) toting a macabre spear, broke and fixed my computer and this is just the stuff I'm allowed to say in accordance to forum rules.
My pennance? Broken toes, bruises across my entire body, horrible headaches, an empty soul and all my cash has mysteriously dissapeared.
Now here's my advice:
What seems like an excellent, great time is nothing more than a pain. Life sucks when you do the things people tell you not to. I have this nagging desire to sit in a dark room, write my twisted little heart out and shrivel up. Also such a life as mine causes the strange desire to devolve into a serial killer. Your friends become enemies, your enemies become more prominent. The misery is palpable. Do I regret it all? A bit. And I will, until the next crazy weekend. So on that note dear children, avoid having "fun", whatever you do. 'Cus it aint too fun after all.
  • Avatar by: Myself, during an experiment with inversion.
"Science isn't about being conservative with your cash, it's about spending as much as you can as ridiculously as you can and hoping it doesn't explode."
- Sjin

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!
-Aoren Rekner Ilon Deringer, F.D.F. Mechanised Unit Commander, Four Stars.

Life is an adventure! Sure, you'll probably spend most of it weeping uncontrollably, and on fire, but hey!

Offline Sigcutio

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Your friendly neighborhood sea otter!
    • Awards
  • Species: Sea Otter
  • Currently: Otternizing
Re: Advice in the form of a rant-
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 04:07:04 PM »
I believe in that weekend alone you have managed to do more than I have done on several weekends combined, but it sounds like you may have had a little too much fun there. However, it also sounds like you're well aware of this fact and accept it. All I can really say to that is live and let live.

Your advice has not fallen on deaf ears, however.  ^_^
  • Avatar by: Courtesy Fuzzymutt! Thank you very much ^^
  • Signature art by: Grisly! Thanks again! :D

Offline Aoren Deringer

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • When god closes a door, I plant a breaching charge
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: African Painted Dog
  • Coloring: Black, red and white.
  • Height: Standing: short. Sitting: Slightly... taller?
  • Weight: 97.000000000000017 Kg
  • Build: Medium build, muscular.
  • Currently: Working on the sweetest sciences
Re: Advice in the form of a rant-
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 06:32:50 PM »
Lets just say that when I was posting everything on monday... My weekend wasn't quite over xD
Yeah that's not even the crazy stuff though, my weekend was insane... What I get for hanging out with "bad influences" xD
  • Avatar by: Myself, during an experiment with inversion.
"Science isn't about being conservative with your cash, it's about spending as much as you can as ridiculously as you can and hoping it doesn't explode."
- Sjin

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!
-Aoren Rekner Ilon Deringer, F.D.F. Mechanised Unit Commander, Four Stars.

Life is an adventure! Sure, you'll probably spend most of it weeping uncontrollably, and on fire, but hey!