The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: fursuits you love them,you hate them,you want one  (Read 3398 times)

Offline taka

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: lion -dog
  • Coloring: Blue with gold dots
  • Height: 5-10
  • Weight: 230lbs
  • Build: muscular with pop gut
  • Currently: hates being human
Re: fursuits you love them,you hate them,you want one
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2011, 11:52:16 PM »
Fursuits are fine when they're done right, but they rarely are. I don't see the appeal of the extremely cartoony ones.
I also don't believe that they should be worn out of context. There's a place and time for it, but if you wear one everyday you can't complain if you get berated for it. I'm sorry, but if you don't like getting made fun of then you should probably save it for a fur-con instead of wearing it to the grocery store. Self-expression is nice and all, but to do someone as extreme as wearing a fursuit in a public populated area where everyone else is just trying to go about their business is kind of rude, in a way. It's almost like begging for attention and that sort of thing bothers people. I personally find it hard to feel sorry for people who complain about getting made fun of when they're wearing the whole tail, ears and harness combo to school. If you can't stand the bad attention then you probably shouldn't make yourself troll-bait.
But sure, at a fur-con or a fur party or whatever is fine. I personally like the more realistic looking ones, and I wouldn't mind owning a nice pair of horns myself, claws would be nice too. I would want a Xenomorph tail, but that would be too bulky and what's the fun of it if it doesn't move and can't stab people through the stomach?
  yeah i might get made fun of but when that person who was making fun gets their stomped by a fursuiter it will be hilarious, i dont put up with b.s. and can hold my own against multible assailants...
  • Avatar by: oriental pik of statue

Offline Irime

• Vibrating Furby
    • Fur Affinity
    • Pawsome Productions
    • Awards
  • Species: Caracal / tiger
  • Coloring: black / purple stripes
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2011, 08:24:33 AM »
Fursuits are fine when they're done right, but they rarely are. I don't see the appeal of the extremely cartoony ones.
I also don't believe that they should be worn out of context. There's a place and time for it, but if you wear one everyday you can't complain if you get berated for it. I'm sorry, but if you don't like getting made fun of then you should probably save it for a fur-con instead of wearing it to the grocery store. Self-expression is nice and all, but to do someone as extreme as wearing a fursuit in a public populated area where everyone else is just trying to go about their business is kind of rude, in a way. It's almost like begging for attention and that sort of thing bothers people. I personally find it hard to feel sorry for people who complain about getting made fun of when they're wearing the whole tail, ears and harness combo to school. If you can't stand the bad attention then you probably shouldn't make yourself troll-bait.
But sure, at a fur-con or a fur party or whatever is fine. I personally like the more realistic looking ones, and I wouldn't mind owning a nice pair of horns myself, claws would be nice too. I would want a Xenomorph tail, but that would be too bulky and what's the fun of it if it doesn't move and can't stab people through the stomach?

While I agree with you that some folks do not choose the right place nor time for wearing their fursuits, partially because of the wrong motives, that is the only part of your post that I will agree with. Cartoony fursuits have their place in the fandom as well. It's all a matter of personal preference as to which sorts of expressions you want to make.. and yes, I DO wear my fursuits to places other than fur-cons and parades. I absolutely LOVE wearing my fursuits out to places like the local park or, with prior arrangements with the venues, places like the mall with a couple other suiters and a spotter. I don't know who gets more excited sometimes, myself, or the children! I love being able to bring that little spark of "disney world" to kids on otherwise ordinary days. I can't articulate the awesomeness that a little simple fursuiting can do, so I'll point to a reference.

The Magic of Fursuiting

I'll admit I compare myself fursuiting to Disney World because fursuiting DOES have something in common with DW.. it brings out the kid in all of us ;)

Offline Edwolf

• Eager Elephant
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2011, 01:57:30 PM »

While I agree with you that some folks do not choose the right place nor time for wearing their fursuits, partially because of the wrong motives, that is the only part of your post that I will agree with. Cartoony fursuits have their place in the fandom as well. It's all a matter of personal preference as to which sorts of expressions you want to make.. and yes, I DO wear my fursuits to places other than fur-cons and parades. I absolutely LOVE wearing my fursuits out to places like the local park or, with prior arrangements with the venues, places like the mall with a couple other suiters and a spotter. I don't know who gets more excited sometimes, myself, or the children! I love being able to bring that little spark of "disney world" to kids on otherwise ordinary days. I can't articulate the awesomeness that a little simple fursuiting can do, so I'll point to a reference.

The Magic of Fursuiting

I'll admit I compare myself fursuiting to Disney World because fursuiting DOES have something in common with DW.. it brings out the kid in all of us ;)

All this talk reminds me of walking around Whitstable, my Mum's hometown, three days ago in my fursuit. While I was at it, I handed out some chocolate to the kids while we, my Mum, brother, and I, were on our way to a pub on the beach (Whitstable is on the coast). Looking at it through the kids' eyes, that would have been a Christmas they'd never forget and all in all, everybody loved it!

Offline ArcticSkyWolf

• Foxy Fox
  • ArticSkyWolf is here to be awesome!
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Wolf
  • Coloring: Blue almost everywhere
  • Build: strong and awesome
  • Currently: Gaming some gamez
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2012, 09:17:00 PM »
looks like a ton of fun! being a total durp durpin around in it is fun