The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Welcome to The Bloodhounds (OOC - All spots filled)  (Read 7464 times)

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Bibliophilic Philosopher
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • How can you expect to win if you don't play?
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Timber Wolf
  • Coloring: Grey and white.
  • Height: 6' 4''
  • Weight: 180 lbs
  • Build: Lithe and strong
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: No longer a member
Re: Welcome to The Bloodhounds (OOC - All spots filled)
« Reply #90 on: December 20, 2011, 07:52:59 PM »
Nice backstory drop there Daryl. I'm not going to forbid it as it's kinda fun, but try to ask before you post something that ties to someone else's backstory.

What if, just what if, Varen had a deep-seated psychological fear of Racoons? ( XD  he doesn't, but what if?)
  • Signature art by: Puncia and Grisli (using art from Winged Zephyr) respectively

Offline darryldemented

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Species: wolf
  • Coloring: gray fur with black stripe down the middle of back
  • Height: 6'0
  • Weight: 200 lbs
  • Build: lean
  • Currently: drooling as i wonder what is for lunch <3
« Reply #91 on: December 21, 2011, 01:45:10 PM »
well i figured that since you already tied our characters together by saying you had trained with me that it was ok

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #92 on: December 21, 2011, 05:48:28 PM »
Technically, we've all trained together.

Specific events are well... individualized. I'm personally okay with with the story you've presented, but if you were to do that in another RP, with another author, they may get very upset. Upset enough to exspell you from the story.

Just want to warn you and tell you that dictating someone's backstory without the slightest bit of warning is a form of powerplaying. It's just strange that you are powerplaying the past.
  • Signature art by: Puncia and Grisli (using art from Winged Zephyr) respectively

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • I never give up... so don't push me. >_<
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Height: 5' 10&quot;
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
  • Currently: Holding out for a hero... but always having to save myself.
« Reply #93 on: December 21, 2011, 07:36:53 PM »
Wait... what did I miss?
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html
Don't mess with Grammaton Clerics. THEY WILL END YOU.

Offline darryldemented

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Species: wolf
  • Coloring: gray fur with black stripe down the middle of back
  • Height: 6'0
  • Weight: 200 lbs
  • Build: lean
  • Currently: drooling as i wonder what is for lunch <3
« Reply #94 on: December 22, 2011, 03:02:48 AM »
yeah but you already powerplayed by connecting our pasts without asking me so the whole power playing rule woulndt work as im just following along XD

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Racious Racoon
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: December 22, 2011, 03:17:02 AM »
Daryl...

I'm the author and the premise of the entire story is that you are a member of a society. By definition, your past has to tie in with everyone else's past that is associated with the organization. I'm sorry if this sounds condescending or didactic, but I'm trying to make you understand.

By joining the RP, you kind of agreed that you are giving me permission to dictate a small amount of your character's back story. No RP has any character that hasn't had their back story changed in some small part by the RP. For example, I have actually submitted Otebon for an RP and changed his back story to fit the idea of the RP Surge.

Powerplaying is wrong. Please stop. If you have any more comments or want to discuss this, please do it through PM with me.

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
« Reply #96 on: December 22, 2011, 02:46:25 PM »
Sounds like you just got served, Daryl.
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Racious Racoon
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: December 24, 2011, 03:30:27 AM »
Alright everyone.

The next few posts are up to you. We have 7 hours of time that will be skipped so that we can get to some action sooner. If you wish to follow Varen on his info trip, please tell me by PM and I can talk with you. Otherwise, please write that you do what you do and get some rest.

I guess what I'm saying is that you have one post before we are on our way with Roland. If you want to fight about who's sitting n the wagon, know that Varen plans to walk.

Also, if you can't post for a few days because of Christmas, don't worry about it. Just post when you can and we will continue with posting order when it happens.

Also, Merry Christmas.

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: December 25, 2011, 02:43:50 AM »
Same to you, my friend.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #99 on: December 29, 2011, 03:38:07 AM »
Skip me, as Marcus is spending the rest of his time scouting, or sleeping on his draft horse.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Racious Racoon
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #100 on: December 29, 2011, 04:12:23 AM »
Alright, skipping you.

Thanks for the heads up!

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: December 29, 2011, 04:51:20 AM »
Alrighty then.