The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Without my pelt  (Read 420 times)

Offline Veranus

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • If not 4 my pelt, he, i would not have felt.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bengal
  • Coloring: Off white & Grey
  • Height: 6'0''
  • Weight: 145
  • Build: lean
  • Currently: Torn
Without my pelt
« on: October 29, 2011, 01:16:48 PM »
i have no advice, though i suffer a form of vice.  I love my friend beyond words, no matter what harm is done i forgive, forget and love even more.  unfortunately, or fortunately however one sees it, the love is not mutual;  without my pelt the affection is not there.  in the non anthropomorphic world i am made to feel second class.  If i want to be felt, i must wear my pelt,  that is fine and well but i shouldn't be made to feel less than what i am.  we are both furries, not many roam our town. Do i close myself off and go solo, or suffer in silence and hold on to desire of an empty heart?  :'(
He will never want me without my fur.  This mask, this animus.

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
Re: Without my pelt
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 01:38:57 PM »
Split this into your own topic for you.

If you want my opinion, I'd say leave him. Make sure you talk to him first to determine for sure if there's no other way, and if that's really how he feels about you. If he doesn't want you as yourself, then you're not getting the fair end of the relationship. You deserve better.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline Veranus

• Vibrating Furby
  • If not 4 my pelt, he, i would not have felt.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bengal
  • Coloring: Off white & Grey
  • Height: 6'0''
  • Weight: 145
  • Build: lean
  • Currently: Torn
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2011, 01:43:47 PM »
i sincerely apologize.  and extend my greatest thanks for your advice...i guess the hardest decision is the right decision.
He will never want me without my fur.  This mask, this animus.

Offline Ottersmash

• Avid Aardvark
  • Skeptical Squawker
  • Species: Short-billed black cockatoo
  • Currently: Studying
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 07:26:11 PM »
i have no advice, though i suffer a form of vice.  I love my friend beyond words, no matter what harm is done i forgive, forget and love even more.

This sounds bad, honestly. You allow yourself to be made into a tool with a mindset like this, and many people will take advantage of that. Forgiving people their flaws is a good thing, but you need to set limits and not allow people to walk all over you, disrespect you, and make you feel bad about yourself in the name of "love."

I put that in quotes because love is not one person with feelings for another allowing themselves to be mistreated by them, it's a two-way venture.

unfortunately, or fortunately however one sees it, the love is not mutual;  without my pelt the affection is not there.  in the non anthropomorphic world i am made to feel second class.  If i want to be felt, i must wear my pelt,  that is fine and well but i shouldn't be made to feel less than what i am.  we are both furries, not many roam our town. Do i close myself off and go solo, or suffer in silence and hold on to desire of an empty heart?  :'(

I don't think this person loves you, I think he loves what you'll pretend to be for him. Don't disrespect yourself by settling for that just because you're lonely without him.