The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: What are furry convention like?  (Read 1443 times)

Offline LostWolf

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Currently: Single
What are furry convention like?
« on: November 24, 2011, 08:56:21 AM »
Like I said before in one of my earlier posts, I'm a newbie to furry fandom. What are furry convention like, I've never been
to one? I'm straight but I've seen allot of reference on the intranet to people who are furries as being gay/lesbian/bi.
Personally I have no problem with gay/lesbian/bi people. I have some friends who are gay that I go camping with from time
to time. As for me I was the shy overweight kid with thick coke bottle glasses and tacky cloths in school. And because of this
I was picked on allot. So I hate to see anyone chastised or poked fun at. I'm still very shy and a introvert which keeps me held
up at home allot. So I don't want to put myself into a situation that would be awkward for me. As for being over weight I'm not
so much anymore, I changed my diet and started hiking allot. I used to be 217 Lbs and I now weigh 176 Lbs to 180.  Also how
many straight male/female furries are there? Am I an oddball for being straight and interested in being a furrie and wearing a
full fursuit, though I don't own one yet?

I hope I don't offend anyone with my questions. I sometimes have a hard time wording things and what I'm trying to say
doesn't always come out right.         

Offline ___

• Origami Guru
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
Re: What are furry convention like?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 11:21:33 AM »
Hello! :D
I've never been to a furry convention before either, but there's a lot of stuff to do there, from buying stuff at the Artist Alley to fooling around with other furs, to just lounging around in your fursuit and taking pictures with other people.

Here's the official website for Anthrocon, and some videos that some furs took there.

Anthrocon Website - http://www.anthrocon.org/
Video 1 (Waiting in line. xD) - Anthrocon 2011
Video 2 (Playing Around) - Anthrocon 2011 - Fun & Games 2
Video 3 (Limbo at Fursuit Games) - Anthrocon 2011 Fursuit Games - Limbo

As for the straight thing, its proven that there are more straight people than gay in the furry fandom, but as people are so accepting in the fandom, more of them are open about it here. Statistics on that and more are down below. You'll also find that there's a general increased awareness about other sexualities other than the mainstream ones, like pansexualality for example. :)

Furry Survey - http://www.klisoura.com/ot_furrysurvey.php
An Editorial About Furries Sexuality- http://www.flayrah.com/3693/editorial-furries-are-already-well-aware-sex-and-sexuality

I hope this helps answer some of your questions! :D