The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: fleas and ticks  (Read 284 times)

Offline icy wolf

• the lone wolf
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf dog
  • Coloring: white
  • Height: 5.11 ft
  • Weight: 165 pounds
  • Build: medium
  • Currently: beeing playfull
fleas and ticks
« on: October 24, 2011, 02:37:01 AM »
ive read up on how to get rid of them but they keep coming back. i have washed my cat washed sheats and vacumined my bed as well as other beds in my house. what do i do to get rid of them for good. ?
shadow hide you   

my fall will be for you, my love will be for you, if you are the one to cut me so i will bleed for ever

[/size]

FCX[wolf dog=]m3acdrsw A C++ D++++ H+++ M? P++ R T++ W Z Sm RLS a cn+ e+ f++ h* i+~+ j+ p sm+

^ furry code

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
Re: fleas and ticks
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 02:42:11 AM »
Firstly, ticks won't breed in your house (that I know of). They only cling to people and animals and take their blood.
Second, vacuuming won't do anything against fleas.

If you haven't gotten rid of them by now, I would say that you're at the point where your house needs to be flea bombed (and no, it's not something you need exterminators for).

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline icy wolf

• the lone wolf
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 02:49:27 AM »
oh my cat might of brought them in side. ive used some flea spray for her to kill the fleas and cleaned by washing bed sheets and pillows havent steamed the carpits but she dosnt sleep on them.
shadow hide you   

my fall will be for you, my love will be for you, if you are the one to cut me so i will bleed for ever

[/size]

FCX[wolf dog=]m3acdrsw A C++ D++++ H+++ M? P++ R T++ W Z Sm RLS a cn+ e+ f++ h* i+~+ j+ p sm+

^ furry code

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 02:53:04 AM »
Ticks are different things than fleas, is what I mean. They are nowhere near the same thing.

It doesn't matter what the cat sleeps on, she will spread them just by being there.
Fleas love to hide in carpets and that's generally where they lay their eggs. I don't know how much help steaming the carpets would be, which is why I suggested flea bombs (not the same as flea spray) since my family has used them before and they seem to work the best.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline icy wolf

• the lone wolf
  • Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 03:08:50 AM »
oh ok i might need to try those but my mom is crazy so iam not sure whats going to happen.  how long dose it need to take effect and steming would kill everything but the eggs.
shadow hide you   

[/size]

^ furry code

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011, 05:54:19 PM »
The bombing takes a few hours (the can will say how long it takes) and during that time everyone needs to be out of the house, including pets.
There is clean-up involved afterwards since there is generally some powder and residue (including dead fleas) left behind by the bomb.

And apparently vacuuming WILL help AFTER bombing because it will get rid of the fleas that are still in pupa stage (since they won't have the opportunity of just jumping away from the vacuum (which is what the adult fleas would do). You will want to vacuum once a day every day for 21 days (that's how long the life cycle of a flea is).

I looked this up, so I'm not just saying random stuff that might be right. Heh.

Offline icy wolf

• the lone wolf
  • Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2011, 08:25:33 PM »
ok thanks ill try that. do you know if wall mart sells the flea bombs ?

Post Merge: October 24, 2011, 08:25:34 PM
ok thanks ill try that. do you know if wall mart sells the flea bombs ?
shadow hide you   

[/size]

^ furry code

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2011, 08:30:07 PM »
They might have them. It would be called a "flea fogger", flea bomb is just the term that most of the people I know and myself use. If Wal*Mart doesn't have them, any pet store should.

Offline icy wolf

• the lone wolf
  • Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2011, 09:30:39 PM »
thanks ill ch3ck there

shadow hide you   

[/size]

^ furry code