The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: You and the Forums  (Read 1505 times)

Offline Pea

• Pea is Me
  • Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Everything is happening.
  • Species: Vine Snake
  • Coloring: Dark green scales with deep poisonous green eyes.
  • Build: Teeny
  • Currently: slithering hither
You and the Forums
« on: October 03, 2011, 07:18:07 AM »
Here I'd like to discuss how you and the forums relate.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What's your relationship with the forums?

What do you look forward to most on the forums every day?

What's the first thing you usually do after logging on?

Do you have any patterns of behavior when you use the forums, like constantly looking over a section of the forums or repeatedly posting in the shoutbox/a thread?

Why do you use the forums?

What is your favorite thing about the forums?

How long have you used the forums?

Why did you start using the forums?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's all I could think to ask right now. Add anything you might think of, or just skip the questions and tell us about you and the forums in your own way. Also, if you will, show your appreciation to Tweak and WZ for all their hard work in giving us one of the greatest furry environments out there.

Here are my answers to my own questions:

- If I could marry it, I would.

-Talking to friends and seeing the odd reply to a topic I like.

-Check for friends online and replies made since I was last there.

Do you have any patterns of behavior when you use the forums, like constantly looking over a section of the forums or repeatedly posting in the shoutbox/a thread?
-I often find myself clicking the "Who's Online" button to see what people are looking at.

-You could say I'm obsessed with the forums and its people, but that would be an understatement. :P

-I can't really say I have a favorite part of the forums. It all plays to my liking.

-Couldn't tell you. Four or five months maybe?

-I was depressed and lost, ready to cling to anything that might help me. This community has helped me a lot and I can never hope to give back anything equal to what I've received.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 12:49:16 PM by WingedZephyr, Reason: Removed unnecessary spacing »
  • Avatar by: Me, colored by Evnamishko

Offline Kyriin

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Awards
Re: You and the Forums
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 09:03:04 AM »
The forum, being where I basically 'started' being a furry, is kind of like my furry origin, and ultimately home. It's like a place I feel I can always return to.

The people on it, of course. :)

Check unread replies, then decide if I feel too lazy to read them or just mark as read. xD

I tend to post in 'What Song Are You Listening To Now?' most. I obviously keep a close eye on the PR section, too.

Because I have not met one person here who isn't friendly, and it's well looked after by the dedicated staff.

Tweak!

Since 14th of June 2010, I've remembered the date. I treated the registration like the creation of my fursona, so that date is also like the official beginning of my participation in the furry fandom. I was aware of other furry things (even the certain y-word) yet did not even know what a furry or the fandom was. I kind of joined to the reverse of most who aren't a furry for the sexual reasons. "Oh my god! There's a clean side to all of this?!?! :DDDD!!" ... this answer is getting irrelevant. xD

It was the first furry community I found after I discovered the fandom. I'm glad it was the first too!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 11:31:28 AM by Kyriin »

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 01:08:41 PM »
I'm its mother. :P

Any kind of new posts.

Check any new PMs or read new shouts in the shoutbox.

I always check through new posts starting from the top of the forum down, but leaving RP boards for last. They take more time to read through since they're busier. During the more quiet parts of the day, if I've finished catching up on things, I usually spend some time posting around the Forum Games or Random thread.

Because they are full of awesome, and I like finding new friends here.

Everything! But also the theme options. Because I made them. XD

Pretty much consistently since February 20, 2007. Although as more time has gone on, the more time I've spent on it.

Originally, I mostly only came around to post about new releases of IMVU products I was making at the time. I was always more of a lurker, but I've become more sociable in the past few years or so.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline Tweak

• Technical Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug
  • Rawr and such like.
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Black, gold and purple
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Dragon-y
  • Currently: Bleh.
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 01:53:16 PM »
Generally mutual, there are times I want to beat it though.

Donations and ad revenue! Oh, and activity.

Unread posts

I come on every few hours to check new posts, helpdesk and my PMs. Usually I also check the ad revenue too.

I need no reason.

The members - you make the forums exist!

Much, much too long.

Apparently because I should post as well as run them. *looks at Zeph* >.>

Offline Puncia

• The Freaky
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • I am funny and intelligent. And attractive.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Twilight Leopard
  • Height: 9 ft long (274 cm), 7 ft tall (213 cm); tail, 12 ft (365 cm)
  • Weight: 2315 lbs (1050 kg)
  • Build: Stocky
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: *flop* One-man furpile.
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 03:27:12 PM »
Complicated. I have the kids every other weekend and holiday.

Heh, no but I do find the forum a great source of entertainment and socializing. On the days I spend close to the computer I may update and look around at least every 3rd or 4th hour or so. And that was before I was honoured with becoming a local mod. Now I'm a bit more active and alert.

See if anybody has replied to my longer posts on topics that interest me. Usually in the debate section. Oh, and newcomers!

Check the new replies to my posts.

Do you have any patterns of behaviour when you use the forums, like constantly looking over a section of the forums or repeatedly posting in the shoutbox/a thread?
Logging in, I look at the shoutbox and my messages in case there's anything new
Then check the new replies to my posts and tab the ones interesting
Then look over unread posts since last visit and tab any of them if they're interesting
Sort this page after the number of replies, letting me see the newest and freshest ones that maybe deserve more attention
Then read the tabbed posts and reply and such
(Then recently - check if there has been anything else going on in the General tab)

I always do this. o.O

To be social, have fun, pass time and maybe learn something new.

What is your favourite thing about the forums?
I have mentioned the features I use the most. Other than that, I like the large avatar feature and the post count titles are cute.

Steady user since Monday, 13 December 2010, 4:07:25 pm. So 10 months exactly in 10 days. I entered the furdom as I entered the forum, so you can say I've been a furry since early December 2010.

Because I like forums and I've been around a few without finding them too interesting. I'm sticking to thos one though, weirdly enough. Might be the high level of activity here that causes it.

Offline Kaprika

• tottaly boss artist
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • ಠ_ಠ......*stares*
    • DeviantArt
    • Deviantart
    • Awards
  • Species: wolf/snow leopard
  • Coloring: light blue, white and black
  • Height: 7 foot 5 inches
  • Weight: thin
  • Build: medium light
  • Currently: eh
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2011, 06:04:40 PM »
the forums is my home, its where i go every day all day to talk, roleplay, get buisness, make friends and generaly have a good time playing and frolicing about the furry culture

im alwase lookng forward to notes. when i log on the first place my eyes go is to see if i have any new notes. either for talk or for a new commission. i also look forward to my RP updates
check my notes...DEFINATELY, those are my first priority

my pattern is notes..check the threads i watch, usualy my RP or my art threads first, then the others..then the threads that have been posted in that i dont watch, then i aimlessly wander while keepinga close tab on my threads

for me, its the feeling of family and comradery you get around here by being apart of the furry fandom. to me its more than a "interest" its a way of life for me. and i love being neck deep in furries, it gives me a sense of belonging

i love the diverity, i love how close everyone is here, its a simple yet effective forum and this place is CRAWLING with buisness, and without all of you i couldnt afford the things i do now. im still not paying my own bills yet but i can afford to get groceries, feed my python & fish and i was even able to get my very own tail <3

i would say almost a year now..about 9 months id say??

i needed a furry home. im not apart of any other furry community and ive been incredibly lonely, it makes me feel better about myself to have a group of people that care about me, and gives me a place i can be furry around.

<-------this ish me :3  

Shadow hide you..

Offline icy wolf

• the lone wolf
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf dog
  • Coloring: white
  • Height: 5.11 ft
  • Weight: 165 pounds
  • Build: medium
  • Currently: beeing playfull
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2011, 02:04:37 AM »

a member

rp's ( if iam in one) news , new posts in gnerial and debates in the adult area

What's the first thing you usually do after logging on?go to the shout box and read it Do you have any patterns of behavior when you use the forums, like constantly looking over a section of the forums or repeatedly posting in the shoutbox/a thread?

go to the shout box and maybe post something check areas for posts maybe even open a thread

iam a furry why else ...lol well that and to talk to other members

so many of us in one place

1 year

want to find out more about furry
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 02:23:36 AM by WingedZephyr, Reason: fixed post formatting to make it easier to read »
shadow hide you   

my fall will be for you, my love will be for you, if you are the one to cut me so i will bleed for ever

[/size]

FCX[wolf dog=]m3acdrsw A C++ D++++ H+++ M? P++ R T++ W Z Sm RLS a cn+ e+ f++ h* i+~+ j+ p sm+

^ furry code

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2011, 02:36:33 AM »
I'm the crazy aunt that it loves some of the time and wants to hide from at other times.

Replying to RPs. It's like reading a good book. I just can't get enough when it gets really good.

I check the Moderator's Board and the Helpdesk.

I usually post in the Versus Mods thread when I'm on.

For RPs and making friends on occasion.

I don't really know.

Since August 14, 2007, 09:22:05 PM.

Because a friend of mine on IMVU had a sticker saying he was part of this forum on his page, so I took a look at it and joined and I've been here ever since.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Alexei

• Crafty Canadian
  • Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • To the moon
  • Species: Cheetah Fox!
  • Height: 180 cm
  • Weight: 66 kg
  • Build: Relatively Lean
  • Currently: Collecting the pieces of my life and putting them back together.
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2011, 02:55:20 AM »
Friends with benefits.

Seeing what everyone's up too and checking if anyone replied to my posts

Check replies to threads I've posted in.

I tend to lurk the music and Fun RP boards a lot.

I dunno, something to do, people to talk to.

The mods and the users

A year? *Too lazy to check*

I was bored as fudge so I searched Furry Forum and this wonderful site popped up
  • Signature art by: The Black Keys

I must admit
I can't explain
Any of these thoughts racing
Through my brain

Offline Alice The Necrofox

• The Necromantic Mechanist
  • Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Back in black! Or rather a putrid shade of green
    • Awards
  • Species: Undead Fox/Demon Hybrid
  • Coloring: Green fur
  • Height: 5' 8"
  • Build: Tall, well built, young ish
  • Currently: Re-integrating with TFF. SO EXCITE
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2011, 05:50:26 PM »
Its my personal portal to a ton of my friends. Also its a great community that I used to be a part of and want to get back into again.

[/size]
The new replies to my posts and to the fun forums :3

[/size]
Check replies to my posts.

[/size]
I skulk the IRC and i enjoy hitting the refresh button until someone posts.

[/size]
[/size]Why do you use the forums?
Because I love the furry fandom a lot. It is my gateway into the fandom since i don't really have any modes of transportation around my area.

[/size]
The community and support that people have here.

[/size]
On and off for about 2 years.

[/size]

[/size]Because I wanted to really get into the fandom and this seemed like an awesome way to get into it.
  • Avatar by: Kazna (Waiting for him to give me his FA again)
  • Signature art by: None