The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Production Series dead because everyone left on me  (Read 289 times)

Offline ArcticSkyWolf

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • ArticSkyWolf is here to be awesome!
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Wolf
  • Coloring: Blue almost everywhere
  • Build: strong and awesome
  • Currently: Gaming some gamez
Production Series dead because everyone left on me
« on: September 01, 2011, 07:00:43 PM »
Note: Really LOOONNNNNNGGG Story

To start off, I'm a fan when it comes to Action scenes and film making, so I get a few guys to make an action series. I really wanted to get it working this year but it didn't work out. Here's what happen from start to end.

I was in the library and as I walked, I saw a friend check out some airsoft guns. From there, he told he that he and his friend are airsoft buddies. So I asked him if he wanted to make an action movie and he said yes. On the same day, my other friend came here with us two and from there, I showed them Frozen Crossing and told the airsoft friend that this can all happen with VFX. Then the 2nd friend who is the one with the cameras and fast computers for editing says his dad has a SONY NEC 10 and he'll ask if we can use it. From there on, we had 1/4th of the crew, it was basically the four of us so far.

Then summer came along and the friend with the camera said that we cannot use the Nec 10, instead we'll use a Canon T2i where he just got it for Photography next school year. From there on, I made the Facebook group and we all joined it. Then the two airsoft guys made the name and an episode. I made a few scripts. Now here was our jobs so far:

Me:
Director - The guy that calls the shots when it comes to acting and what's going on in the scenes.
Production Producer - plans everything
Director of Cinematography - directs the camera shots, movements, etc. with the camera
Editor - cuts and puts together the series of clips into one to create the episodes
VFX Editor - edits the VFX into the scenes
Camera Operator - operates the camera
Legal consultant - gets the legal stuff done
writer - I wrote three scripts
screenwriter - writes the screenplays

Friend with cameras:
VFX Editor
Camera Operator
He's the one with the cameras, he made a shoulder mount, fig rig and has the computers to edit the VFX, render the video, etc, all of the editing computers, he's got it.

Friend with airsoft gun: the one I saw in the library
actor - acts the scenes
writer - writes the scripts

Friend with airsoft gun 2: the one I havent meet yet
actor
writer

So basically, throughout most of the summer, we've been writing scripts, stuff like that. But here's when there is the conflict. Friend with guns 2 wanted to post the episodes on several channels, I disagree because it's easier to manage the subscribers, comments, stuff like that where he wanted more views. His option would have made it very difficult to manage several accounts. This was a constant debate for two weeks until he gave up so all of the episodes will be uploaded onto one channel where we redirect people to the channel with the trailers. And the behind the scenes stuff would be on a seperate channel, like Freddiew.

During those two months, I've been trying to find cast members, film crew and a location to film on for free. While friend with the cameras makes the shoulder mounts and fig rigs. The two airsoft guys created the name and an episode script. Now this is where everything crashes. They all left the group. It's because they were all busy and it was the end of the summer. They left because they say that I was too picky with everything, that I complained too much. There was this chat with the 2nd airsoft guy where I pointed out that both main characters use m4a1s but then he wanted AKs, shotguns because this was like mercenaries where they use that ever they can find, I said fine. I wanted it in a way so the viewers would understand that the two main characters were the good guys where the guys with AKs were the bad guys.

This is for the stereotypical good guy, bad guy with guns type of thing. Of course, we didn't have it. Then we argued about the characters a bit, from there I let it all go with the characters, let them do their characters their way because I didn't want to argue anymore with the cast.  I tried to find a location, where it's a school but we needed a 2000 dollar/day permit which was way out of the question. Then I found a farm, but by the time, they all left.

The airsoft guy #2 was the most annoying, he said that they all left because I didn't do anything. Wow, clearly they havent seen what I tried to do, I've been put down on all of the location inquires whether they said no or that we needed an expensive permit.  He said that I was the one relaxing when everyone else did all of the work. Wow, from there I tried telling him what I've done and why my jobs been the most difficult.

He wrote this on Facebook: (edited for sweaing, privacy)
Sure good luck, we don't care the so called director, we got that guns and we got the cameras, we all agreed that we don't need a stupid director that asked the school board that this action series is for a *removed* school project, yah sure involving guns for school project way to go "Director" you can take all the credit you want, but just keep in mind we created some videos already, right now its a competition to see who gets the videos up first =) so have fun with that oh and good luck with finding people online that you dont even know of and also yah make up artists haha!
I tried telling him specifically the role of the director and producer is but he didn't care. He said that I messed everything up, that I screwed the production when I was actually working hard to find a location and cast members and more crew.

He continued to no listen to what I had to say about the job roles and what I've done. And what he said, they are doing this without me. I doubt it because the camera friend is too lazy, the airsoft 1 friend has university, so like yeah. Either way, I don't think they will do an episode or anything, it's just the situation right now that makes it not work, even with or without me.

Conclusion: Wow, well this didn't work out. I'm still doing this project, still looking for new cast and crew. I might even do way better next year than I planned this year, I dunno. Still planning, looking for more locations, etc.

And that's the end of my lllllllooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggg rant.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 09:19:03 PM by White Wolf Guardian, Reason: Please do not use inappropriate language. »

Offline Self-sain

• The Unlikely Love
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
  • black and white isn't to bad
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Foat (Bat/Fox)
  • Coloring: purpule
  • Height: 5'7
  • Weight: 112
  • Build: thin some tone
  • Currently: Done with everything
Re: Production Series dead because everyone left on me
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 02:03:13 AM »
People = unreliable, unfortunately you can only count on your self sometimes.
if you ever want to see Lil Johny again...
YOU WILL LOOK D:<

Offline Sij

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Probably the coolest fox ever.
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: White fur
  • Height: 5 Feet 11 Inches
  • Weight: 155 pounds
  • Build: In very good physical shape, lots of muscle, but it's lean and not bulky at all.
  • Currently: Glad to be back in the US of A. :)
Re: Production Series dead because everyone left on me
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 03:31:00 AM »
Its difficult to find people that are reliable and understanding when it comes to any kind of production. I know exactly how you feel though. Back when I was trying to form a band, our drummer was a really lazy guy and never tried to do anything.
Die the same way you were born, screaming and bathed in blood.
Who and what are simple questions, but why, will always make people cower. - My friend Eamon
The ones going into battle expecting the worst, are also prepared for the worst. - Me
Is the glass half empty or half full? If empty, you can still drink out of a half empty cup. - Me
Don't be stupid. - Me

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!