The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Strange emotions.  (Read 308 times)

Offline Sij

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Probably the coolest fox ever.
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: White fur
  • Height: 5 Feet 11 Inches
  • Weight: 155 pounds
  • Build: In very good physical shape, lots of muscle, but it's lean and not bulky at all.
  • Currently: Glad to be back in the US of A. :)
Strange emotions.
« on: August 31, 2011, 04:04:44 AM »
I must seem like such a negative nancy! I assure you things aren't as bad as they seem, even though I've been posting in this section a lot.

As far as the strange emotions, for some reason, I've been feeling like I want to be in a romantic relationship again. But at the same time I don't, because I feel like a romantic relationship will hinder my ability to progress as a person. And what I mean by that, is when I end up getting into a relationship, I always seem to focus on the person I'm with, and somewhere along the line I end up forgetting about myself, and my passions. I don't want that to happen again. I'm satisfied with being single, but I feel like being in a relationship would be nice also.  Its strange, because my spiritual path is so important to me that I don't want to get into a relationship simply because I will focus too much on my significant other. Maybe I sound selfish. But right now my aspirations are very important to me. So I'm not really sure what to do. D:

Also I feel like my standards are way too high. XD I would require the person I choose to have a job, and a goal. Also they would need to be intelligent and a deep thinker as well. I have very high standards, because I'm not look for mr "good enough" Im' looking for mr. "perfect".  Although I'm not naive in thinking that I'm going to get the boyfriend I want down to his teeth. Also I don't believe its possible for me to find a person that fits my standards at my age (17)

I guess what I'm getting at is, what do you guys think I should do? I'm kinda lost at this point. Which is actually kinda rare.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 04:24:35 AM by Sij »
Die the same way you were born, screaming and bathed in blood.
Who and what are simple questions, but why, will always make people cower. - My friend Eamon
The ones going into battle expecting the worst, are also prepared for the worst. - Me
Is the glass half empty or half full? If empty, you can still drink out of a half empty cup. - Me
Don't be stupid. - Me

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Foxaroo!
  • Coloring: white and orange
  • Height: 5'11''
  • Weight: 145
  • Build: skinny with little fat and muscle
  • Currently: Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost!
Re: Strange emotions.
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 04:36:11 AM »
can't set your standards too high when looking for love. I had one potential boyfriend tell me I had to have "good grades" to be able to date him. you can bet I never called HIM back. you don't always need to be in a relationship, be comfortable with yourself and reflect on whether or not you're ready to deal with a romantic relationship again.
If you want beef then bring the ruckus

Offline Sij

• Boisterous Bear
  • Build: In very good physical shape, lots of muscle, but it's lean and not bulky at all.
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 04:43:33 AM »
No no my standards aren't like that. I set high but realistic standards. I mean. I'm not READY to be in a relationship, however. My mind wanders, and makes me want to be in one. But then the logical side of me is saying that I should proceed with my life as a single person until I've reached my goals in life, but those goals can take a minimum of 10 years. It's strange, I've never been CONFUSED about what I want to do relationship wise. I'm just not sure what to do.
Who and what are simple questions, but why, will always make people cower. - My friend Eamon
The ones going into battle expecting the worst, are also prepared for the worst. - Me
Is the glass half empty or half full? If empty, you can still drink out of a half empty cup. - Me
Don't be stupid. - Me

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Foxaroo!
  • Coloring: white and orange
  • Height: 5'11''
  • Weight: 145
  • Build: skinny with little fat and muscle
  • Currently: Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost!
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 04:44:13 AM »
just find someone who feels right, then you tend to know what to do ^_^
If you want beef then bring the ruckus

Offline Sij

• Boisterous Bear
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 04:49:12 AM »
I've been in love before. (My last relationship) But it kinda really sucked. XD I'm not quite sure why I even feel this way at all. I usually don't do relationships at all, because like I said I end up focusing more on them than I do myself and my goals.
Don't be stupid. - Me