The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: so much homosexuality  (Read 3863 times)

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
Re: so much homosexuality
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2011, 04:00:18 PM »
The following comment is in NO way meant to be an insult to anyway, so if anyone takes it that way, then I apologize in advance.

I believe another reason why there seems to be a ton of gays/bisexuals in the fandom is because straight people don't really "advertise" (not the best word, but it's the only one I could think of, thus why I was worried about offending people) that they're straight. I think it's more common for gay/bisexual people in the fandom to state their sexuality.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline MiltoniusPrime

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Bat/snake hybrid.
  • Coloring: Mostly skin, occasionally tan fur.
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: 155 lbs.
  • Build: Thin but athletic.
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2011, 04:23:55 PM »
The following comment is in NO way meant to be an insult to anyway, so if anyone takes it that way, then I apologize in advance.

I believe another reason why there seems to be a ton of gays/bisexuals in the fandom is because straight people don't really "advertise" (not the best word, but it's the only one I could think of, thus why I was worried about offending people) that they're straight. I think it's more common for gay/bisexual people in the fandom to state their sexuality.

I can see/agree with that.  It's a fandom so completely accepting of ANYTHING that it's a bit easier to be open about what you like.  Whatever you're into or however you are, you can probably find someone to connect with.  Also, it seems like there's a larger number of gay/bisexual males who are comfortable with multiple partners, versus a lot of straight furs who want to be in a secure relationship.  Thus, the number of "available" female furs is drastically smaller that the number of "available" male furs, meaning it's much easier for gay/bisexual males to find what they're interested in.

I once met someone who went to Anthrocon not because he considered himself a furry, but grew interested in it due to his tastes in bears (in the lifestyle sense), and one of those bears considered himself a furry.  So he found his niche, even if he was attending for primarily sexual purposes, and I know how much cons tout themselves as "No, we put all the sexual stuff off in a corner where nobody sees it, we're family friendly".

Offline .: ♥ Kiniia ♥ :.

• Pony and Coffee Lover
  • Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • yes yes i would like a coffee pls.
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: White fur and blonde hair with very light cyan
  • Height: 5'8"
  • Weight: 110
  • Build: Slight and weak
  • Currently: thingken of goign fast... ;~;
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2011, 12:05:46 PM »
I have also found that, due to the small amount of 'available' female furs, it can get quite cut-throat among the straight male furs. Like I have to deal with my mate getting constantly hit-on and flirted with by other furs. But it's just one of those things. Yeah It happens in society anyway, but not half as much I feel as it happens in the fandom.

It can be very hard being a straight male in the fandom, I mean my friend recently turned bi and was looking for a girlfriend. but there was none that were available, so he started to try and chat-up girls who were taken, which can be very dangerous. I mean, I'm not a violent man, and I don't really care about it as I can trust my mate, obviously if it happens at a meet and I'm right there, and ALL he is doing is trying to get with my mate I will tell him to go shove it, you know. But there are other furs who are a lot more aggressive than me and will retaliate if they find out about such actions.

So i think a lot of Bi males just think it's easier and safer to go for a guy.

I hope you will remember me, At least say so to comfort me, You say goodbye so easily, Its now or never, It may seem really pitiful, But life became too beautiful, The pain of love unbearable, It's now or never, Gone Forever.

Offline Ryan

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: White with black stripes
  • Height: 6ft 1
  • Weight: 190lbs
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2011, 12:18:29 PM »
Yes I must agree with you. every furry iv meet has been a gay guy. I for one am straight.And ive hardly even meet a actual women in the chat rooms.And to think i read that most of the fandom were women.Thanks wikipidea >.>

Offline .: ♥ Kiniia ♥ :.

• Pony and Coffee Lover
  • Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • yes yes i would like a coffee pls.
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: White fur and blonde hair with very light cyan
  • Height: 5'8"
  • Weight: 110
  • Build: Slight and weak
  • Currently: thingken of goign fast... ;~;
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2011, 12:20:13 PM »
See, the thing is, there are quite a few women, just hardly any single ones and they wont likely be in many chat rooms, mostly on the art sites and such-like :3

I hope you will remember me, At least say so to comfort me, You say goodbye so easily, Its now or never, It may seem really pitiful, But life became too beautiful, The pain of love unbearable, It's now or never, Gone Forever.

Offline MiltoniusPrime

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
  • Species: Bat/snake hybrid.
  • Coloring: Mostly skin, occasionally tan fur.
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: 155 lbs.
  • Build: Thin but athletic.
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2011, 04:29:01 PM »
In sharp contrast to the lack of attention she got at the meet, I'm often surprised by how aggressive straight male furs get when they think they have a chance with a female.  Even if they're already taken, some guys just can't take no for an answer.  Maybe it's being persistent or not understanding when they've gone too far.

I really don't try to actively look for anyone within the fandom, there's usually far too much drama, and if the relationship goes sour you have to deal with seeing them on whatever sites/at whatever cons you met them at.  I suppose the same could be said for "normal", non-fur relationships, except you might then have this flood of potential male suitors (not fursuiters) suddenly bombing their FA with consolation and cute snuggly emotes.