The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Dragons  (Read 52549 times)

Offline Thedrake

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Never trust people.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Darkness dragon
  • Coloring: Black, red, silver
  • Height: Anthro: 5'3" / Feral: 3'3" / lengh: 3'11" ((without tail))
  • Weight: Anthro: 132 lbs / Feral: 176 lbs
  • Build: Lithe
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Giving up...
Re: Dragons
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2012, 06:34:58 AM »
aw, alright
  • Avatar by: Walthis ((made my ref sheet))
Msn: Add

Offline Midnight Madness

• Lucifer 2.0 (Doggo Edition)
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Most Online
  • Absolutely adorable.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lycanroc
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 175 lbs.
  • Build: Very well toned, intimidating despite his average height.
  • Currently: Guess who.
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2012, 04:03:19 AM »
Took me long enough, here is a semi-narrative biography for Sytex.

---

Let us start from the beginning. Sytex was born in a river gorge - the Columbia River Gorge that divides Washington and Oregon here in the United States, to be precise - and trained there to hone and master his skills. His parents, both alive and well to this day, brought him up together. They brought him up with manners and respect, turning him into more of a "gentleman." He was also raised to only use his abilities for righteous purposes; as from day one, Sytex showed impressive strength and flame prowess, and his flight was quick in coming after his wings grew in. He learned how to transform his flame into a narrow stream that can pierce like an arrow. He surpassed his peers and was given the duty of territory patrolling at the age of thirteen (13), and was even appointed a place in most decisions for the shared territory. (The territory he grew up in was home to many, many dragons of his species.) But he eventually left on terms of adventure around the world; he wanted to learn about the Earth he lives on.

Sytex is a rather built dragon, making him slower on the ground and somewhat clumsy in moving around as he can bump into things. But despite that drawback, his build lends him the ability to score mountains and rend even some of the most hardened materials with distinct ease. Likewise, his flames are incredibly unique; burning a vivid cyan, it torches objects at a sweltering maximum of 9 800 degrees fahrenheit (5 427 (estimated) Celcius). He also has a wingspan equal to, if not larger than, his total body length of 89 feet and 9 inches (27.4 metres), with the webbing between the membranes measuring nearly as wide as he is tall; roughly thirty feet, and if not, only ever so slightly less. His coloration is a snowy White primary and Cerulean underbelly. His jaw (along the bottom of his cheeks) is lined with horns, where it continues up the back of his head until it reaches the rearmost part of his upper skull, where his largest pair of horns rest at a perfect 33 degree angle with an extremely slight tint of blue. His ears are middling, and end in a defined point, with a thicker, inward curving lobe on top only, rather than all around, and two masculine hoop earrings in the bottom half of both ears, nearer to the tip; one gold and one silver, and a black and gold chain earring that starts near the base of the aforementioned lobe and ends near the tip. From his spine trails a row of middling spikes with webbing between them, which end one metre from the end of his tail; where on the tip rests a blade sharp spade that curves backward on either side of the tail and ends in a vicious point. His claws are massively long and are, likewise, razor sharp and intimidating. His teeth are similar to that of a tiger shark, serrated and hooking back on a round base; though, in fact, they are quite a bit longer, proportionately. Sytex has eyes that are rather large, and also round, for a reptile; but not freakishly so, in fact, they compliment his face; with their shimmering, icy blue irises. And when enraged, his scales alter from his usual White and Blue to a volcanic Black and Red, and his demeanor is the exact opposite of usual; tus is the curse of him being a Spectrum Crossplague.

He, on his mission of discovery, traveled Down Under as a first stop, meeting up with a middle sized dragon named Nitidus. The young dragon, a navy blue dragon with streaks of dull gold along his hide that glow brilliantly when he so chooses for them to do so. His lack of spines defined that he was, obviously, a creature of speed. And after a long five weeks of time in the outback, Nitidus wished to travel with Sytex. Of course, the two had spoken and come to know one another rather well, and thus Sytex agreed. Nitidus, he whom had been quite shy at first, slowly became more confident with a massive dragon like Sytex around. And when Sytex next landed in China, Nitidus was hardly aloof from the society (almost getting himself and Sytex into trouble with locals, on more than one occasion). It was there Sytex met an American born Chinese dragon named Tiberius. The crimson and black dragon was rather buolt, himself, but more of a lean build than Sytex could hope for. Tiberius was likely twice as old as Sytex, of not older, and was quite wise. Sytex stayed in Beijing, China longer than anticipated after Tiberius invited him and the ever awkward Nitidus to his luxurious Pavilion far from the bustle. It was there Sytex learned Tiberius was a profound user of magic, like Sytex's Grandfather is, and had mastered the art of transformative spells and defensive wards. Likewise, in this pavilion, was where Sytex first met Caztre, the drastically younger half sister of Tiberius. After coming to know Caztre as well as Tiberius, Sytex was smitten to the young dragoness; she was his first love. The two Chinese Dragons now followed Sytex and Nitidus, and the four of them took north and stopped in Russia for the summer, and returned West after the warmth began to fade, striking out for Ireland; a place of Heritage for some of Sytex's ancestors.

But Ireland had no welcoming presence. The citizens and government were no issue, but the land had fallen under seige by a genocidal clan which slaughtered anyone that did not follow or conform to their whim. Their whim, exactly, was unknown. They disclosed nothing, and could not be spied upon for some odd reason. Sytex and Catre nestled down in the grassy hills of the country, while Nitidus actually earned harness for the Irish flight Corps, and Tiberius struk out for intense training along the coastal areas. But only a week after having settled, the clan attacked in force, and the four Dragons made their attempt to step in. But, after a long while of attemtping to bring down this power, and with victory seemingly upon the horizon; Sytex and Caztre's spirits were broken when Nitidus and Tiberius were taken down, mercilessly killed. Caztre was horribly wounded, and Sytex was mentally unstable for some time after, having come to Caztre's defense in the most blind fury one might have seen. Sadly, this state only worsened when Caztre decided to leave Sytex; she left no mention, and left him wondering for weeks before she managed to scry (speak to him telepathically through water or a mirror) him in their home's reflecting pool. This news only worsened Sytex's mental state, and as such, he could not support himself. He fled Ireland and made the perilous flight back to the United States.

Five weeks had passed since Sytex had left Ireland, and he had now reached the state of Michigan. Sytex passed over and made a pit stop in a place he'd found along the way, on the Canadian side of Lake Superior. He gazed out upon the vast lake, it almost as an ocean before him, and the many glittering Fireflies of the night, as well as the unobstructed view of the stars, made the lake seem to shimmer with bioluminescence. Sytex sat, in his miserable state, and slowly began to lose his control on the sadness. He slowly got worse and worse, until, an hour later, he broke down in tears from his losses. Within minutes of this starting, Sytex was approached by a smaller, but extremely brave, young dragoness. She, a brilliant Red with Gold, and streaming black hair, was an extremely rare Japanese Ryu. Sytex attempted to scare her off, but she refused to go anywhere. Even Sytex's attempt to lie to her failed spectacularly, and he gave into her presence. She told him her name, Shuishe. She spoke to him for long hours, and even gave Sytex a shoulder to cry on despite him being a good deal larger than her. She stayed with him until he fell asleep, and even then, refused to leave his side. Sytex thinks she was infatuated with him from the first moment she met him.

Sytex asked if Shuishe would like to accompany him back to his home in the Columbia Gorge. She agreed with excitement, and he had made the first of his new friends. She stayed with him for several months, and fit in so well with Sytex's family she almost seemed to be one of them. Sytex eventually got the idea in his head, that he loved Shuishe; he was cautious, and waned away an entire month waiting to see, because he was afraid of another incident like that with Caztre. But Sytex forced himself to bring up up, and Shuishe almost overenthusiastically agreed to be his mate right as he mentioned he believed he loved her. So, it was instantaneous.Sytex had finally recovered from his misery, by that time; and decided to set out once more. He chose to settle down with Shuishe, and move out the that spot on Lake Superior.

One month later, Caztre came looking for Sytex, and had located him using a spell she ivented. She came with sincerest apologies to Sytex, and practically begged him to forgive her. But left him only to save his life, because if she had stayed with him; a curse eating away at her mind would have driven her to murder the one closest to her. She was gone for all those weeks trying to banish the curse, and only managed to with the help of a dear friend. She found herself in love all over again, and was relieved to have not left Sytex alone. The two made up, and Caztre became a great friend of Shuishe and Sytex. Four months passed before anything came up. Shuishe and Sytex, as well as Sytex's cousin Roxanna, went to a mall guised anthropomorphically. This is where they met Shuishe's old friend, Sync; a Gryphon and Phoenix hybrid, known as a Gryphix, and Sytex was likewise introduced to Xzayvior Onyx, a young Red Fox Meta (the name for strictly anthro beings that reside on Earth). Shuishe reunited with her childhood friend, while Sytex and Xzayvior got to know each other. Sync and Xzayvior both became great friends with Sytex, and Xzayvior came to know Shuishe.

While tumultuous, Sytex's past has shaped him into an unbreakable dragon that has come to terms with his misery, and overcome it. He's still the same optimist he was before the fierce invasion of Ireland, well over three years prior to current times. Sytex is now twenty six years old, and has come to be a stoic protector of his home country, and has delved himself into the realm of philosophy and literature, with even some science and historical study. Wise for his age, his brother and cousin both look up to him greatly, and he is always prepared to come to the aid of someone in need. Sytex is a loving and gentle soul, but has his spectrums, especially that of his species' nomenclature.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 07:41:28 PM by Sytex »

Offline Thedrake

• Avid Aardvark
  • Never trust people.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2012, 07:08:20 AM »
I... just noticed I didn't answer at it.

It's long, but very complete ^^' I have nothing to say but very interesting. What a life ^^' *has been time to time lost in the middle of paragraphs* hehe ^^'

Also, I just finish my whole detailed description about my sona. But I don't find the thread about detailed descriptions :x

Offline Midnight Madness

• Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Most Online
  • Absolutely adorable.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2012, 11:16:21 PM »
It's alright. Sometimes we miss things like that.

I'm only sorry it took so long. XD I had to work around some details that I hadn't touched in a while, too, so it took longer than expected. Oh, and I can understand if you got lost, I just found some typos in it that were a little... bad. XD

Oh, the Fursonas thread? That would be right here, my good sir. http://www.thefurryforum.com/forums/index.php?topic=4353.0

Offline Thedrake

• Avid Aardvark
  • Never trust people.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2012, 06:24:59 AM »
it's okay, the story was interesting ^^'

And... I looked at the thread, and... it looks like a thread where you compare yourself with your fursona ^^'

Offline Midnight Madness

• Scented Skunk
  • Absolutely adorable.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2012, 06:46:07 PM »
Well, that thread does have a slot for the creator of the 'sona, but ultimately, it is used to showcase your brilliant personalities. It can be used to compare and contrast, but mostly it's just there for the showcase itself.

Offline Thedrake

• Avid Aardvark
  • Never trust people.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2012, 06:59:10 PM »
okay, so I can post here the full description of my fursona?

Offline Midnight Madness

• Scented Skunk
  • Absolutely adorable.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2012, 07:09:45 PM »
You may post it in this thread, or you may post it in that thread. Truly, whichever you feel most comfortable posting in is totally fine to do so.

Offline Thedrake

• Avid Aardvark
  • Never trust people.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2012, 08:03:22 PM »
alright, thank you

Offline undead JetAngel

• Boisterous Bear
  • a roaming writer
    • Awards
  • Species: great white (anthro)
  • Coloring: biohazard green, white underbelly and glowing yellow eyes with lime green brown
  • Height: 6' 5"
  • Weight: 185 LBS
  • Build: Medium build
  • Currently: mellow
« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2012, 07:24:26 PM »
helo there! ;)
  • Signature art by: FDF
while wandering my towns outskirts the unthinkable happend... I some how open'd a rift in time or space. It sucked me in never to be seen in my home world again. I can't control this uncanny ability nor will I ever. Randomly jumping worlds at the worst of times. I only own what I left my home with, my bullet bike jacket, worn jeans a watch and my charm. I'm on my own. Scar's from riding the rift are still on my body. They glow a brilliant yellow. I try to reason first, run and fight when i have to. I am Jet. We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline nixon/monto

• Lovable Lion
  • Rachet?oh yeah! He is my cousins friend.greet guy!
  • Species: lombax
  • Coloring: regular
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 145
  • Build: little above average
  • Currently: doing good
« Reply #55 on: November 30, 2012, 02:58:51 AM »
this is nix. follower of the "wings of fire." book series. dragons are mighty in a lot of ways. strenght is one. oh and i'm a full on dragon.
Space is a place I can't wait to go to. All the time in reality. And yet I long for the end, not because I want it to end, but because I'm curious of how this world ends and where all these souls go to when they breath no more. But till then I'll be having the time of my life! :)

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army.
 FDF forever       "
SNIPER!!!  boo ya FDF!!

Offline Midnight Madness

• Scented Skunk
  • Absolutely adorable.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: November 30, 2012, 03:06:56 AM »
Welcome to this mighty species, my friend. What made you choose dragons?

Offline nixon/monto

• Lovable Lion
  • Rachet?oh yeah! He is my cousins friend.greet guy!
  • Species: lombax
  • Coloring: regular
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 145
  • Build: little above average
  • Currently: doing good
« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2012, 09:18:50 PM »
power full, majestic, beautiful, and well spyro. any other reason isn't as important. but i'm still an anthro no matter what. AM I RIGHT!! or what.
Space is a place I can't wait to go to. All the time in reality. And yet I long for the end, not because I want it to end, but because I'm curious of how this world ends and where all these souls go to when they breath no more. But till then I'll be having the time of my life! :)

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army.
 FDF forever       "
SNIPER!!!  boo ya FDF!!

Offline DragonMKV

• Avid Aardvark
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Light gray scales
  • Weight: 135
  • Build: slightly built
  • Currently: Building a custom D&D system!
« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2012, 05:41:07 AM »
Hello, just a new dragon stopping by trying to get to know the community. I don't have much of a backstory :( , but I'm working on it ^_^ . Just looking for some interesting conversations for now...
Most people think artists are weird.

Don't disappoint them!

Offline Midnight Madness

• Scented Skunk
  • Absolutely adorable.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2012, 05:58:54 AM »
Welcome, fellow dragon! It is nice to meet you.