The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: What is your least favorite style of music?  (Read 9413 times)

Offline arandomfurry

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: meercat
Re: What is your least favorite style of music?
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2011, 06:19:50 PM »
ok no offense to anyone who likes rap, but srsly rap has to be the worst music i have ever heard.

Offline Alicia-Korean-Soviet

• The Korean Dragon
  • Boisterous Bear
  • I demand a Korean Caramelldansen. >:U
  • Species: dragon/peacock/leopard hybrid
  • Coloring: Royal blue, silver, sky blue, and green. Mostly peacock colors.
  • Height: 4'5" (on fours) 7'5" (rearing)
  • Weight: 215 lbs.
  • Build: Slender, yet strong.
  • Currently: Glad to be back!!!
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2011, 07:21:59 PM »
ok no offense to anyone who likes rap, but srsly rap has to be the worst music i have ever heard.

Agreed, my friend.

If you look closely at my 3rd stamp, Churchill has a Kricketot, Roosevelt has a Chimchar, and Stalin has a Happiny. :D

Clearing things up: I'm not living in N. Korea currently. My parents (miraculously) escaped there and came to the US from South Korea. So I'm a miracle-worker I guess. XD I luv my parents. They be awesome.

"And along came Alicia" - my brother

Offline Karma Moonshadow

• Chatty Cheetah
  • The blood of the wicked is my life support.
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Pure white
  • Height: 5' 9"
  • Weight: Light
  • Build: Lithe and wiry
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2011, 02:48:28 AM »
That old, old country music that sounds like someone is wailing through their nose while suffering a terrible cold. My stepdad is always either playing it on his laptop or actually singing it. And elevator music is bad, too....  x_x
...So can you tell me what exactly does freedom mean, if I'm not free to be as twisted as I wanna be?

- Disturbed, "Divide"

Offline ZombiezuRFER

• Dancing Dragon
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Spinosaurus aegyptiacus
  • Coloring: Grey, red, rust red, light blue, yellow eyes, black claws
  • Height: 9 ft 9 in
  • Weight: 360 lbs
  • Build: Tall, strong, and lean
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2011, 04:01:22 AM »
I hate the rap genre in general, but there are a few I like, specifically Beastie Boys Interplanetary, and the Rooster Teeth I Am The Best Ft. The Elites. :P

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!
= Special Operations =

Et tu, Human?
De oculo mentis, servire se optimum est.

Offline DogWolfForever

• Avid Aardvark
  • Who's in the dog house now!!!!!!!!!!
  • Species: Emo Wolf
  • Coloring: White, black chest
  • Height: 6'1"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: average/athletic
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2011, 08:01:56 PM »
*votes rap*
Wolf Forever

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • I never give up... so don't push me. >_<
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Height: 5' 10&quot;
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Holding out for a hero... but always having to save myself.
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2011, 04:32:29 AM »
YEAA-UHH!
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html
Don't mess with Grammaton Clerics. THEY WILL END YOU.

Offline icy wolf

• the lone wolf
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf dog
  • Coloring: white
  • Height: 5.11 ft
  • Weight: 165 pounds
  • Build: medium
  • Currently: beeing playfull
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2011, 03:02:40 PM »
rap ,country and the "hit" music that you hear on so many music satytions.

i love rock, metal ( all types), alt rock.
shadow hide you   

my fall will be for you, my love will be for you, if you are the one to cut me so i will bleed for ever

[/size]

FCX[wolf dog=]m3acdrsw A C++ D++++ H+++ M? P++ R T++ W Z Sm RLS a cn+ e+ f++ h* i+~+ j+ p sm+

^ furry code

Offline MiltoniusPrime

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
  • Species: Bat/snake hybrid.
  • Coloring: Mostly skin, occasionally tan fur.
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: 155 lbs.
  • Build: Thin but athletic.
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2011, 06:42:14 PM »
I can't honestly say I hate any of those genres.  But I feel like I have to break it down into which ones I considered choosing.

Pop - Almost chose this one, because I can't stand overplayed radio singles.  But then again, the Beatles were pop.  Pop is relative to whatever the public wants to hear.  Then again, a lot of people who claim to be really into an artist/band tend to like one or two singles, and not bother digging any deeper.

Country - Can't stand modern country (country + pop + rock), but enjoy some of the classics.  Anything pre-1980 is pretty decent in my book.

Rap - I don't like the kind of rap that glamorizes degrading women, violence, and living a life of excess, but love clever wordplay, a good flow, and the ability to rhyme well.  I saw a few posts along the lines of "I hate rap, but I love some things by Eminem/Beastie Boys/etc".  There's a lot more out there than just a massive array of garbage, with occasional artists/groups you can stand (that are still quite popular).  It's like saying "I love rock".  You won't like ALL rock.  I love Queens of the Stone Age but despise Nickelback, even though both are considered rock.  Don't judge things you haven't heard before based on a general label.

Also, if I'm jumping headfirst into this, and not pulling any punches, new Eminem sucks.

Offline icy wolf

• the lone wolf
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf dog
  • Coloring: white
  • Height: 5.11 ft
  • Weight: 165 pounds
  • Build: medium
  • Currently: beeing playfull
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2011, 04:57:48 AM »
glade to know that iam not the only one who dose not like rap. cant stand it. for me its goth and metal love those two.
shadow hide you   

my fall will be for you, my love will be for you, if you are the one to cut me so i will bleed for ever

[/size]

FCX[wolf dog=]m3acdrsw A C++ D++++ H+++ M? P++ R T++ W Z Sm RLS a cn+ e+ f++ h* i+~+ j+ p sm+

^ furry code

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • I never give up... so don't push me. >_<
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Height: 5' 10&quot;
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Holding out for a hero... but always having to save myself.
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2011, 08:06:01 PM »
Any music predating the invention of rap is good music.
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html
Don't mess with Grammaton Clerics. THEY WILL END YOU.

Offline .: ♥ Kiniia ♥ :.

• Pony and Coffee Lover
  • Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • yes yes i would like a coffee pls.
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: White fur and blonde hair with very light cyan
  • Height: 5'8"
  • Weight: 110
  • Build: Slight and weak
  • Currently: thingken of goign fast... ;~;
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2011, 10:05:49 PM »
why so hating on the rap? I agree with Miltonius on this. There are different styles to every genre. I like and dislike bands from every genre of music. Like I do love rap, but only some, other artists I cant stand. I love rock. But I cant stand stuff like newton faulkner and nickelback. Some metal I like, but I've never really gotten into it etc.

I hope you will remember me, At least say so to comfort me, You say goodbye so easily, Its now or never, It may seem really pitiful, But life became too beautiful, The pain of love unbearable, It's now or never, Gone Forever.

Offline MiltoniusPrime

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2011, 10:48:05 PM »
why so hating on the rap? I agree with Miltonius on this. There are different styles to every genre. I like and dislike bands from every genre of music. Like I do love rap, but only some, other artists I cant stand. I love rock. But I cant stand stuff like newton faulkner and nickelback. Some metal I like, but I've never really gotten into it etc.

I think it's a problem of not relating to it.  I can't relate to someone growing up in the ghetto and slanging rock until they've got riches and bitches, so it makes sense that the stuff I listen to isn't about that.  I could probably play some nerdcore hip-hop, and half the people hating "all rap" would get a few of the references and jokes, and go back on their word.  Unless they're just that ingrained into the "yeah, [removed] metal" lifestyle.

(Also, I quite enjoy that the [removed] tag is a lovely lavender instead of an angrier color.)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 10:57:18 PM by MiltoniusPrime »

Offline Midnight Madness

• Lucifer 2.0 (Doggo Edition)
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Most Online
  • Absolutely adorable.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lycanroc
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 175 lbs.
  • Build: Very well toned, intimidating despite his average height.
  • Currently: Guess who.
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2011, 06:45:39 AM »
Country. By all defined ways, I say that I detest it. Call it a bane to my musical interests, if you will. I don't even know why really, I just know I have never liked it for any reason; my ears scream to be ripped from my head and my inner ears put a gun to their... head? Well, you get me. I just don't like it and never have.

Hell, I can stand Rap and Pop more often than country. Because at least they have that killer bass.

Offline josh_down

• Dancing Dragon
    • Awards
  • Species: Herbivorous Lion
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2011, 03:01:03 PM »
you don't have "smooth jazz" up there. the closest is jazz obviously, but i base my life on jazz music.

oh, and i picked country cause i think if "folk" was up there, all the american people here would choose it.

i'm also slightly disappointed in the hatred of rap there is here. there needs to be some good rap played on the radio from time to time, then maybe some people might actually think it's decent, because it is. it's a fantastic style of music
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 03:03:41 PM by josh_down »
The further on I go, all the less i know.
I can't find...
only us, breathing;
only us, sleeping;
only us, dreaming;
only us

Offline MiltoniusPrime

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2011, 04:23:24 PM »
you don't have "smooth jazz" up there. the closest is jazz obviously, but i base my life on jazz music.

oh, and i picked country cause i think if "folk" was up there, all the american people here would choose it.

i'm also slightly disappointed in the hatred of rap there is here. there needs to be some good rap played on the radio from time to time, then maybe some people might actually think it's decent, because it is. it's a fantastic style of music

I quite enjoy some jazz as well, not what gets played in building lobbies and "smooth jazz" radio.

There are occasional moments of "good rap", though it's always about popularity and marketability.  FM radio will probably never play the kind of rap that I actively listen to, and that's fine by me, because I have no interest in radio.  I enjoyed some Kid Cudi before he got the expletive played out of him by my coworkers, even with that he sounds vastly different than most furs' perceptions of "rap".

Furs hating rap doesn't bother me, because I'll always have my circles of music-loving furs at cons who are actually open to new music, and enjoy sharing theirs just as much.