The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Migration  (Read 21230 times)

Offline morganism

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • LOOK OVER THERE! IT'S MR. A.D.D.!
    • myspace.com
    • Awards
  • Species: fox/panther
  • Coloring: gray and white/allblack
  • Height: 5'2
  • Weight: light
  • Build: Scrawny/curvy, but fit
Re: Migration
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2007, 06:17:10 PM »
Her train home consisted of piles of wood, straw and hay. Anette didn't even see any rats scurrying around the freight.guess I'll be hungry for a while... She shook her head and looked out the door of her cabin, she was right next to a luggage car. She opened the door and walked through to find piles of trunks. Most of the people on this train were headed towards the eastern port considering how much luggage they had. She went through some of the trunks;  perfect, she thought as she pulled out a archery set, there was a full quiver and a bow that failed in comparison to hers. She looked over each arrow and made sure they were good enough to carry. The owner of this case must have been some sort of hunter and obviously didn't like guns. She could tell the person was a coward, the case had vials of poison clipped to a belt along with a switchblade and knife sharpener. She took the belt and strapped it on; it was too big and set crookedly on her hips. In another case she found boots and gloves. She stuffed the gloves in her leather pouch and closed the cases she had opened.
Anette headed back into the open topped freight and realized that it was no place to hide. If a human came in when the train stopped she's have no way out. She shook her head and started to move the wood so that it hid her at least a little. She put her bow down and took of the quiver that pulled at her neck, and let the new utility belt fall. Anette pulled up her hood and curled up in the corner of her little makeshift wood fort, it was going to be a long and boring ride.
Jai Guru Deva Om

Offline rhoon

• Boisterous Bear
  • Always bored.
    • Awards
  • Species: Skunk
  • Coloring: white with black markings
  • Height: 5'8"
  • Build: Slim and lithe
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2007, 12:06:00 AM »
Rhoon hadn't talked to Nyx much, but she always seemed to have something on her mind. She gathered the courage and stood from the stairs, walking towards Nyx. "Hey, do you want someone to walk with?" She smiled a little. "I mean, if you don't, its all good." She flashed another smile and took a deep breath.
Let's make a fast plan, watch it burn to the ground
I try to whisper, so no one figures it out

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2007, 12:23:09 PM »
The dragoness peered out of the shadows in which she was standing... Her eyes standing out like silvery pools against the darkness. She was silent for a moment, meditating on the current issue. She hadn't been accustomed to kindness. It wasn't in her nature to accept it easily and she was really lost at thought; mainly wondering why someone would want to tag along with her. She looked up at Rhoon and broke the silence, "Out of curiousity, why would you want to come with me?"

Offline morganism

• Boisterous Bear
    • myspace.com
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2007, 02:53:11 AM »
Anette had gone into dream mode again. Her temporary home of wood and hay had turned into a dream coat of smoke and smog. She coughed, people where everywhere. She saw each one with a different look on their face and they walked by and said nothing. Her breathing got short as she realized she was surrounded and could be killed if caught. Her feet started creeping out from under her and her body quickly followed. Annette made it to a dreamland night club, lucky for her it was deserted; it was about noon. She sneaked into the bathroom to hid in a stall until everyone just went away. As she stepped past a cracked, yellowish mirror and her feet froze. Her ears, her nose, eyes, fur, everything that made her... her was gone. She was what she hated most, nothing more than a perfectly clothed, tall, slim human girl.
Anette's eyes opened and she was back on the train. just a dream... damn those things, I'll never sleep again. If there was one thing she hated more than humans it was the thought of her being one. Looking at the sky through her open top freight she could tell it was night again, she had been asleep for at least twelve hours. at least dreaming makes sh!tty train rides go faster.
Jai Guru Deva Om

Offline rhoon

• Boisterous Bear
  • Always bored.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2007, 03:27:12 AM »
Rhoon scratched behind her ear, trying to conjure the words to say. "I dunno. I see you around. But never talk. Besides that. I've been looking for something interesting to do. She slipped a sly grin onto her face, trying to convince this stranger that she'd meant no harm. She needed to meet some friends anyways.

Offline Ganimah

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: white
  • Height: 5' 11
  • Weight: 115 lb.
  • Build: tall lanky willowy
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2007, 04:01:42 AM »
 :umm:Gani twitched at the increasing of human presences, now more than slightly annoyed.  How could anyone stand it here, with so many of them?  She had been running through the streets for almost an hour before she had even caught the scent of the hideout, one that she recognized from the sample piece in the lab back at her home.  After the initial trail had been found, all Gani had to do was follow it, though tediouse it was.  She sighed again trying to focus on a different sense...the smell, even though her sixth sense was much stronger Gani half-heartedly forced herself to concentrate on the trail...not the human presence that threatened to overwhelm her at any moment. Gani was also uncomfortable for another reason.  She had heard how she could not trust humans, about all the barbaric things they had done to her kind...and to her sister ,Teahl (pronounced tay-all).  And, becuase she had never been near humans, she felt nervouse that they would see her, she did not know exactly how well they could smell or see or hear. Just not as good as the furries.  She made sure to keep in the shadows though.  As dawn slowly turned to dusk Gani could feel the humans start to fade and a new thing emerged...furries.  The sun shone down on her weakly warming her back as she gingerly left the shadows and came into a large run down town square...apparently part of the old city, the place where most of the old battles were fought.  Gani looked up letting the wind blow her hair about her face. She breathed heavily enjoying the rest, after running so long.  She would be there before night fall. And as that thought crossed her mind Ganimah felt the most at peace she had been in a long time.   O:)She was almost there...she was almost with Teahl.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2007, 12:17:28 PM »
"I suppose you could tag along." Nyx said lowly, "But don't expect me to be a social butterfly." She lowered her gaze and began to walk to the edge of the alley she stood in, poking her head around the corner to see if there were any humans scuttling about. There were very few... but they were still there. She pulled her tattered black cloak's hood over her head just enough to mask her face. The dragoness's wings flattened to her body, and her tail retracted into the black cloak. She was ready to walk into the streets. She didn't feel like flying; she was sure to draw attention to herself if she did so.

Offline rhoon

• Boisterous Bear
  • Always bored.
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2007, 12:05:06 AM »
Rhoon nodded and smiled inwardly. Her eyes paced back and forth, just as the other furries eyes did around this area. Luckily humans were daft and usually couldn't even feel our presence due to our quiet and swifty movement. There was never a reason to go outside for Rhoon, though she'd been longing to. It seemed she always needed an excuse to leave the house, a reason to go into the darkness and danger that she craved. She followed Nyx's movement and pulled her hood over her ears, and the hood barely touched the rim of her eyes, shadowing her face.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2007, 12:32:37 AM »
Nyx walked across the street avoiding getting close to any of the human filth that had killed most of her kind. She could hear Rhoon keeping up behind her. Stopping, she marked out a path in her mind and headed for a dark alley. She planned to travel by rooftop; which was a logical decision seeing how humans didn't travel by rooftop.

Carefully, she spotted a ladder that was hooked up to be slid down on a fire exit on the side of the building. It was too high to reach, but luckily it was close to the corner of the alley. With agility that seemed to come to her naturally, she jumped onto the wall and pushed off of it with her hind legs giving her enough clearance to grab onto the ladder. She swung her legs back and fourth until she had the momentum to flip up onto the fire exit's platform. She climbed the stairs until she reached the rooftop, where she looked down to see if Rhoon was still following.

Offline rhoon

• Boisterous Bear
  • Always bored.
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2007, 12:53:23 AM »
She barely kept up, struggling to pull herself up the ladder. But sooner or later got high enough up to put her legs on and easily climb the rest of the way to the rooftop. Once reaching the top of the building, she took a deep breath of the polluted city air and felt the light breeze against her fur. "What are you training in?" She asked Nyx randomly. "I mean, like..what're you learning?" She'd seen Nyx talk to the tiger before.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2007, 11:18:30 AM »
"How to control my natural powers and use them in staying hidden." Just as she finished up, she walked to the opposite edge of the building and turned to Rhoon, pulling down her hood, "You?"

Offline rhoon

• Boisterous Bear
  • Always bored.
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2007, 12:05:27 AM »
"Shapeshifting, and swords." She said under her breath. The wind blew against her fur and her tail swung to the side that the wind blew against it. She walked towards the edge of the building and swung her legs over it, peering down at the mass of humans.

Offline The Almighty Zark

• Boisterous Bear
  • I shall become one with the darkness
    • My myspace
    • Awards
  • Species: Black Demon Wolf
  • Coloring: Black & tan
  • Height: 6.5ft
  • Weight: 200
  • Build: Tall & strong
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2007, 12:47:46 AM »
((OOC: Scar is the wolf that's my profile picture. it's a character i made myslef. I'll put him in the city tribe))  Scar was standing on the opposite side of the building rooftop, looking down on the patheitc humans down below. "filthy humans! We offered them peace & they spat in our faces." He then turned and saw Rhoon & Nyx "Hello, and just who might you two be?"
This is a war I can fight, I can't let you tear me down. I'll ignore all your lies, YOU WILL NEVER TEAR ME DOWN!!!!

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2007, 01:25:16 AM »
Startled by the other wolf, Nyx pulled her cloak up over her and Rhoon covering Rhoon's eyes disappearing into nothing but darkness. When she uncovered herself and Rhoon, the were standing on the rooftop adjacent to the one they were just on cloaked by the shadow of a stairwell. The black dragoness blended in perfectly with the shadows... only her silvery eyes peered out of the darkness at the black wolf. Cautiously, she whispered to Rhoon, "Friend of yours?"

Offline morganism

• Boisterous Bear
    • myspace.com
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2007, 01:46:13 AM »
I've got to don something besides sleep! Anette said to herself as she paced the small boxcar. Her arm moved to her arrows, time to play... She reached for her bow, tightened the line that had gotten loose on it and carved a small target into the wooden walls of the freight with one of her arrow tips. She placed the arrow, pulled back, aimed... perfect. Anette was nearly a perfect shot everytime. She wasn't very strong, but her aim definitely made up for it. After pulling, shooting, and sharpening for a few hours she decided to go "trunk diving" again. When she entered the luggage car this time she went further to the back. Apparently she chose the perfect ride to be on, half the trunks were filled to the brim with old fighting equipment. She figured there was some archery club on board considering the amount of bows she found. There were at least ten different sets, none of them matching up to her bow and arrows. Only one thing stuck out in particular to her... An old crossbow lay in tight packaging and bubble wrap. The more modern version of her weapon was petite and perfect for travel.  A grin grew on her slim face as she said one word quietly; bullseye.
Jai Guru Deva Om