The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: I think people generally have a misconception of me.  (Read 336 times)

Offline Aoren Deringer

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • When god closes a door, I plant a breaching charge
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: African Painted Dog
  • Coloring: Black, red and white.
  • Height: Standing: short. Sitting: Slightly... taller?
  • Weight: 97.000000000000017 Kg
  • Build: Medium build, muscular.
  • Currently: Working on the sweetest sciences
I think people generally have a misconception of me.
« on: May 30, 2011, 05:56:09 AM »
A number of people have menioned my... eccentricites. Namely my seeming obsession with death and violence, or my complete disregard for a great many social activities. And you know, I generally dislike it. Now I will admite I can, at times, be rude, arrogant, callous, etc. I dont mean to be... Its just that a while back, I took a look at the people around me, and... Everythig just seemed so finite, so meaningless. But it made people happy. Not me. I started expressing myself... Differently. I admittedly see life and death, or rather the line between the two, as sort of a challenge. I lost my religious views, and stopped writing, I stopped everything. Started drinking, knew some unsavory types, all very stereotypical whatnot, just that I was a bit younger than eveybody else. Then I started studying war and philosophy. I realised there were great men in this world. So I pleged to become one of them. Started studying engineering, weapons technology (boh personal armament and weapons of mass destruction). Then of course I picked up some Objectivist literature, and became dedicated to he ideals of a mercenary. So here I am now. Training, and doing my best to not completely lose touch with society. For this, I have become a pariah, and I resent that. But some people say my goals are cold, that I should change course... I can not help it, thy have planted a seed of doubt within me... So here I am. Searching for advice from people I trust. And anyone else who has something to add.
  • Avatar by: Myself, during an experiment with inversion.
"Science isn't about being conservative with your cash, it's about spending as much as you can as ridiculously as you can and hoping it doesn't explode."
- Sjin

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!
-Aoren Rekner Ilon Deringer, F.D.F. Mechanised Unit Commander, Four Stars.

Life is an adventure! Sure, you'll probably spend most of it weeping uncontrollably, and on fire, but hey!

Offline Flysing

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Blue Jay Corvidae
Re: I think people generally have a misconception of me.
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 10:55:35 AM »
I actually really understand what you mean when you say everything seems so finite/ meaningless and about seeing the line of life and death and knowing that we all die sometime, I mean in 80 odd years we will simply become a story and just slowly rot away same with not having religious views so don't worry your not the only one with odd views on things.