The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Family Issues...  (Read 320 times)

Offline Twis

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Corgi
  • Coloring: White, pinky
  • Height: 4'11"
  • Weight: 98 lbs
  • Build: Short and corgi-licious
  • Currently: So tired @_@
Family Issues...
« on: May 13, 2011, 04:34:13 AM »
I hate that one of my first topics and early posts on this forum has to be something like this, but I don't know where else to turn...
Lately, there's been a lot of "drama" in my family... I thought it was just my parents being stressed out about the bussiness... But then my brother started stealing from all of us, and when confronted about it, he didn't offer any kind of striaght answer. I didn't know what to do when he started stealing from just me again, after being told he was going to get thrown out... I didn't say anything. I didn't want him kicked out. I couldn't do that to my brother.
But tonight, while i was watching TV, my dad yelled at my brother to meet him in his bedroom. He sounded mad, but I assumed it was just something with the business. Like the problems with the website again.
Until I heard crashing from upstairs, and screaming, and yelling. I heard snatches of what my dad was yelling.
My brother has been doing heroin for the past few months, and my dad just found out (I had somewhat suspected this, when he wouldnt tell us what he was using the money for, but I didn't want to wrongly accuse him and get him into even more trouble). I don't know what I can do right now. I feel so conflicted, and I don't really know who to vent to, and I don't know who to tell in my life. I don't want people who know me personally to find out... What would they think about me and my family? But I cant just not talk about it at all. Him stealing has been making me so mad, and so scared that worse things were afoot....
I just don't know what to do... ;-;

Offline iKero-chu™

• Ferrachulicious
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 10 Topic Starter
  • Chu~ :'3
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Hot Dumpster (Ferret/Pikachu/Corgi)
  • Build: Thicc
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: god left me unfinished
Re: Family Issues...
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 02:20:59 PM »
From my experience with family members and substance abuse, try approaching your brother and letting him know how you feel.
Although it probably might not change what hes doing but it will give you a slight bit of relief.

Just remember this isn't you or your parent's fault for whats happening with him.
If you can try to convince him to get help at a rehab center that'd be whats best.
(/\       /\)
(`o・ ω ・o´)
Chuuu~
Comission Info
Furcode

Offline Twis

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Corgi
  • Coloring: White, pinky
  • Height: 4'11"
  • Weight: 98 lbs
  • Build: Short and corgi-licious
  • Currently: So tired @_@
Re: Family Issues...
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 05:49:37 PM »
Thank you...
I'm kind of scared to talk to him after all of what happened, but my parents told me he's going to therapy, and possibly rehab.