The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL lessthanjake question thread  (Read 1875 times)

Offline lessthanjake

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
The OFFICIAL lessthanjake question thread
« on: April 05, 2011, 02:41:49 AM »
Ok so as you might know, I am not a furry, and I won't be ;). But I have little to no idea what one really is, only from what I've seen my sibling do. So here's my question app, just copy and paste this format with answered questions :D I ask you guys because when i google it, my only answer is FURRY FAG. I'm an open person, so don't be afraid to answer them truthfully :D Feel free to answer these from a personal view as well. I'd like more than one person to answer these :P it helps me understand.

What in words is a furry, a person who takes on an animal persona:

What makes a person decide to be a furry:

Is it like a life style choice like being homosexual, or just a fun thing people do:

Do people on this forum only pretend to be their animal, or do they talk as their human self too:

Is being a furry acting like a legit animal, or like a human animal:

If I were to ask you if you were an animal in real life, would you answer yes:

Is being a furry something one is open about or something private:

Where do terms like furry fag come from:

Do you dress up like animals:

Where did you come up with an animal persona:

Do you roleplay:

P.S: if this is in the wrong section, please have a mod move it! I don't understand the title of the section really :P

« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 02:46:19 AM by lessthanjake »

Offline Buddywolf

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • Otterly Delicious!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Currently: I am going back to places I once visited frequently! For a short time :D
Re: The OFFICIAL lessthanjake question thread
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 03:02:16 AM »
A furry is an person who takes interest in anthropomorphic beings.  Anthropomorphic means animals with human characteristics

Really, I find anything could spark furry interest in some one.

Is it like a life style choice like being homosexual, or just a fun thing people do:
Just a fun thing people do. 

Do people on this forum only pretend to be their animal, or do they talk as their human self too:
Well, some RP's may contain both...

theres really no act to it.  just different looks.

Id say no.  sure, I bet it would be fun being a mix of all wolves but I know im human

now that depends if your shy or not.  I for one am open about it but most of my friends are private about it.

People who hate furries.

Some do some don't.  I do from time to time.

there are lots of things to how I came up with mine but really, a short way to say it is that I just started doodling on paper and there it was.

Do you roleplay:
some times

need any this specified, ill try to answer best I can.  till then, see you around
Yeeeah! flyin through space and time!

Offline lessthanjake

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 03:23:23 AM »
Thanks for the replies and thanks for the move!

anyway um drake, what do you mean by kinda private? Like i understand buddy tells his friends and all, do your friends/family you trust  to know? My sibling is rather private about it, told me because I suppose they trusted me :P

Offline Buddywolf

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • Otterly Delicious!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Currently: I am going back to places I once visited frequently! For a short time :D
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 03:25:12 AM »
yes.  every one around me knows.  I hide nothing and stress is avoided
Yeeeah! flyin through space and time!

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Foxaroo!
  • Coloring: white and orange
  • Height: 5'11''
  • Weight: 145
  • Build: skinny with little fat and muscle
  • Currently: Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost!
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 03:32:52 AM »

anyway um drake, what do you mean by kinda private? Like i understand buddy tells his friends and all, do your friends/family you trust  to know? My sibling is rather private about it, told me because I suppose they trusted me :P
I really don't trust anybody, and I have social anxiety.
If you want beef then bring the ruckus

Offline WhiteTiger89

• Eager Elephant
    • Awards
  • Species: Winged Siberian Tiger
  • Coloring: White fur with black stripes, sapphire blue eyes, black wings
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 185 lbs.
  • Build: Tall with lean muscles.
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 04:01:00 AM »
IMO, a furry is anyone who appreciates anthro art and considers themselves a furry. That second bit is the crucial one, as I know a very talented anthro artist who does not consider herself a furry.

What makes a person decide to be a furry? Is it like a life style choice like being homosexual, or just a fun thing people do:
I know for me, it wasn't a conscious choice I made. I'd always felt a strong connection with animals and anthro art, and realized that Furry was the name for it.

I talk pretty much the same way I do in normal conversation. The only real difference is I may include little bits like *extends claws* or *lays ears back* to indicate anger, for example. Or *purrs* to indicate pleasure or contentment.

I think you're getting more into Therian territory here. There really is no behavior specific to furries, at least that I'm aware of.

No.

If furries weren't reviled in mainstream society as freaks or perverts, then I know I would be much more open about it than I am. As of right now, it's something I keep incredibly private.

Haters who like to think they're clever.

No, but I probably would for Halloween and such if I could afford a decent fursuit.

Ever since I was in Kindergarten, I had always loved white tigers. I even remember pretending to be one with a couple friends of mine. When I learned about fursonas, those memories came back to me, and it just felt right that mine be a white tiger. The wings came about because of my intense love and passion for freedom and my deep longing to be able to fly under my own power.

Do you roleplay:
Nope.
"Avenged Drunkenfold, Disdrunked, and Drunken Force!" - Mike Wengren, drummer for Disturbed.

Offline CormacCoyotecraft

• Boisterous Bear
  • Pic by KangaDrake
    • Awards
  • Species: Coyote.
  • Coloring: Grey with the occasional streak of brown on the muzzle and forearms
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2011, 04:34:53 AM »
Someone who has an interest in anthropomorphic animals (not always sexual, as the sensationalist press would have you believe). In the end it's simply a group of people coming together to express a common interest.

An urge to express the above. It's just another way to connect with other people of a similar interest.

Kind of both; you just happen to have an interest in it, and then have fun doing it.

A little of both.

It depends on what one's fursona is. Also, some just have thier fursona as something fun and don't really take it all that seriously.

Yes, only because by scientific definition humans are part of the animal kingdom. However, I don't believe myself to be another species of animal.

It depends. Usually around understanding friends and family one is open, but on a larger scale one is more private. This has to do with the public's associaiton of the fandom with bestiality/perversion (once again, do to sensationalist 'journalism'), and fear of being tied into this negative steroptype.

Trolls with no life, too many insecurities, too much free time and plenty of stupidity.

Some of us do for fun, kind of like cosplaying.

When I first entered the fandom, I tried to figure out which animal best expressed my personality, and came up with the coyote: secretive, nocturnal, only occasionally speaking up from the shadows with a strange kind of bark. The name comes from my two favorite authors: Cormac McCarthy and H.P. Lovecraft.

Do you roleplay:
No

Offline Daemon

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • OVER 9000 HOURS IN PAINT.NET
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: polar bear
  • Coloring: white
  • Height: 6'8"
  • Weight: 220lbs
  • Build: muscular, chubby
  • Currently: Grammar Nazi
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2011, 11:30:09 AM »
I dunno. For me it was to be different. I wanted to be weird, and shunned. *shrug*

Depends.

Both, I guess?  :S

Depends on if I'm RPing.

Depends, again. Is that fur a therian?

I would laugh and say 'Of course I am! He is me, isn't he?'

For me, it's private. Just a little though.

Ignorant bigots who have nothing better to do with their life than annoy/hate on people.

No fursuit for me.

Wherever. It doesn't necessarily have to be an animal, though. On a previous post, I had said that people may decide to be plants, human, animals, aliens, robots...

Do you roleplay:
OF COURSE!!!!!!  X3

P.S: if this is in the wrong section, please have a mod move it! I don't understand the title of the section really :P

That work for ya?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 06:51:57 PM by Daemon »

Offline .: ♥ Kiniia ♥ :.

• Pony and Coffee Lover
  • Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • yes yes i would like a coffee pls.
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: White fur and blonde hair with very light cyan
  • Height: 5'8"
  • Weight: 110
  • Build: Slight and weak
  • Currently: thingken of goign fast... ;~;
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2011, 03:57:01 PM »
*Cracks knuckles* LETS DO THIS!

A furry or fur is a member of the furry fandom. And as such has an interest in anthropomorphic animals. Although If one considers themselves to be furry, then they are. There's no application form or anything like that.

A lot of factors could influence a person to become a member of the fandom, just like anything else. Perhaps they watched a lot of cartoons with anthropomorphic characters in them from a young age, or maybe was invited into it via a friend or loved one. Quite possibly they could have joined due to a feeling of spiritual harmony. There are countless reasons as to why they join. As for me personally, I joined as It was something different and fun. The members are generally nice people and are quite fun to be around.

I think it really depends upon the person. Some people just treat it like a hobby, some people make a living off of it, some people have it as a lifestyle and some are just there to appreciate the fandom. It really depends on what you want out of it. Like personally. It's kind of a big part of my life. But only because I want it that way and I have a lot of friends in the fandom.

I couldn't say, as with the question before everybody is different. One of the main aspects of this fandom is tolerance and accepting. It's nice to be in an encouraging environment where you can just let loose and play around. I think there are a few who talk as if they are their fursona's. But then that's the point of having a fursona. It's a representation of yourself in the fandom.

Again, it depends on the person. The thing with the fandom is that it is incredibly varied and it encompasses people from all backgrounds and walks of life. Some members may feel like they would want to act like an animal for a bit. just for fun. Others may not. It just depends. I mean When at meets I nuzzle up to people and get petted or stroked. but that's me, others may just want to sit around and chat to others like themselves.

No, I wouldn't. Unless we're being technical, then I would answer that being human is an animal.

Like alot of things, it depends upon the person again, due to the varied nature of the fandom, it is very hard to get a consensus view of any aspect of the fandom. Many people have maybe demonised it in their own minds and so feel that they would not be able to share it. Others feel like it's not a big deal at all and really don't care. Others are proud about it and tell everyone. As for me, I really couldn't care less.

Most likely from the stereotypical view of a furry, which is a middle-aged, balding, very fat IT worker, who lives in their mothers basement and are homosexual. But obviously, this is not the case. In fact I dont even think I've met anybody like that, and I've been a furry for nearly six years now. 

Not currently, no. However I think it would be great fun to dress up as my 'sona and go about, making people laugh and cheering them up.

I cycled through many different animals and fursona's before I finally came to rest upon a Lupex :3

Do you roleplay:
I used to quite a bit, but I have been busy and so do not do so anymore.

I hope you will remember me, At least say so to comfort me, You say goodbye so easily, Its now or never, It may seem really pitiful, But life became too beautiful, The pain of love unbearable, It's now or never, Gone Forever.

Offline Righteousbro

• Eager Elephant
  • Ekuamahtava
  • Species: Tiger/kitteh
  • Coloring: White and black
  • Height: 6 ft
  • Weight: 150 lbs
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2011, 05:18:14 PM »
Someone interrested in anthros.

People have different reasons, some just think anthros look really cool, some feel attachment to nature, some are more on the extreme side and consider themselves animals.

There are different levels, at it's core it only has to be something fun but there are furry lifestylers.

Some only do animal, some only do human, and some do both.

Human animals usually, although some people have a feral fursona which is just animal.

Nope.

I don't care who knows it but plenty of people are shy about it.

Trolls.

I'd like to but I don't have a suit.

I just chose an animal that fit me personally.

Do you roleplay:
Not much serious stuff but I do sometimes for fun.

Offline Count of Cutesy

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Am I cute?
    • Awards
  • Species: A mythical creature called an Almiraj.
  • Coloring: Pink
  • Height: Not good with height.
  • Weight: Not good with weight, either.
  • Build: Since I made this guy in a program that didn't allow me to change the bulk or build of a furry, I would say about Average.
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2011, 08:21:09 PM »
A person who thinks Anthro animals and myths are cool.

I mostly decided because at first, I wasn't a huge fan of a lot of furry art (It creeped me out, even the non-dirty ones) But when I looked at artists like AmandaDaHamster and TaviMunk, my interest soon raised. I also became a furry because I feel furries get too much hate.

Just for fun, mostly. I'm a novice drawer, but I like to draw my fursona, Benny Bunnycorn a lot. I have a soft spot for cute things.

I don't think of myself as a Miraj at all, to be honest. I'm well aware I'm humans.

It can be either, but I myself don't do either.

I already answered that, but no I would not say yes.

Depends. I'm not too afraid of bullies or people hating me, so I keep it open. Some are a little less brave, though.

People who think their cool by hating animals, pretty much.

Heavens, no. I personally think most if not all fursuits are hideous.

I wanted to pick something mythical, as I am fascinated by fake animals more than real ones.

Do you roleplay:
Only in actual rolepays.

Do you l ike LessThanJake:
You betcha! My favorite songs include All My Best Friends Are Metalheads, Boring Town, and the Good Burger theme.

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline icy wolf

• the lone wolf
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf dog
  • Coloring: white
  • Height: 5.11 ft
  • Weight: 165 pounds
  • Build: medium
  • Currently: beeing playfull
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2011, 08:32:06 PM »

i a furry is any one who calls them selfs one , the fursona is or selfs but as an anamile

differnt resons  you would have to ask that furry why they became one

for me it was beacuse i was accepted for me and iam different from other people

being a furry is a fun thing people do there is no life style choice for any thing. we regardless of who you are you still live a normal life like eery one eles

i do both

for me its a mix

i would ( not physical but spiritually) iam a therian

iam open about it but some are privet

the stereotype of a furry

those are called fur suits and some of have them but we dont where them every where, i don't have all of it  yet but iam plaing on geting the rest of it

our fursona is the animal we feel most like

Do you roleplay:

yes ( depends on the rp)
shadow hide you   

my fall will be for you, my love will be for you, if you are the one to cut me so i will bleed for ever

[/size]

FCX[wolf dog=]m3acdrsw A C++ D++++ H+++ M? P++ R T++ W Z Sm RLS a cn+ e+ f++ h* i+~+ j+ p sm+

^ furry code

Offline lessthanjake

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2011, 09:38:45 PM »
Thanks for the replies everyone, this really helps me understand :)

Thanks Benny for being a fan of the best SKA group ever, All My Best Friends Are Metalheads is a great song  ^_^