The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Hi everyone. Have some questions. Please look at  (Read 4414 times)

Offline Yeahmkd

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
Re: Hi everyone. Have some questions. Please look at
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2011, 05:36:45 AM »
Hey guys. Sorry for the inacuracys haha. The reason I understood it as derogatory was a few of my friends use it as a derogatory term. Probably just the lack of knowledge of the fandom haha

Yeah the paper was alright haha. I wanted to display that i see you guys as a group of encouragers rather than a group that trys to put people down. I obviously am not a furry nor do i feel like it at all haha. but you guys took me in pretty well. Its good to see a community that accepts others that are willing to listen and understand what you have to say lol.

But again guys, Thanks so much. Ill tell you what grade i get when i get it haha.

And I just wanted to say, im a professional computer tech, so if u need help with ur computer, just Email me. Ill be going on the forum for the next few days. I wonder if i can put my email on this for you all to see. Am i able to post it?

Offline Puncia

• The Freaky
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
  • I am funny and intelligent. And attractive.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Twilight Leopard
  • Height: 9 ft long (274 cm), 7 ft tall (213 cm); tail, 12 ft (365 cm)
  • Weight: 2315 lbs (1050 kg)
  • Build: Stocky
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: *flop* One-man furpile.
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2011, 03:57:24 PM »
Greatly written, it seems you've learned a lot in a short period of time. I hope those who read it find it as interesting as I did. Please tell us not only the grade but how people reacted upon learning about the furdom. :D

Offline SplitPersonality

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Tips of ears , bottom of tail, Tummy, nose, and back of legs, are brown. All Else is white. His eyes are blue.
  • Build: avarage
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2011, 09:07:42 PM »
GREAT Paper! :D I didn't understand it al but it is very good!

Offline Righteousbro

• Eager Elephant
  • Ekuamahtava
  • Species: Tiger/kitteh
  • Coloring: White and black
  • Height: 6 ft
  • Weight: 150 lbs
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2011, 03:00:04 AM »
Very well worded and very well written.
I loved the ending, simply marvelous.

Offline Yeahmkd

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2011, 11:57:00 AM »
Thanks everyone for all the complements and support :)

As someone mentioned about the ending, i feel that what i said is true. Your one of the only cultures that truely embraces who they are end encourage others to be the way they want to be. Its something that i really feel is discouraged in the world today as you see so many things advertising who you "should" be. and the biggest problem with that is, it causes lack of individuality. This is another thing your group seems to have in abundance. As i said, its something i feel the world needs to embrace. or at least realize it is there.

But yeah, i have learned a lot in the short time i was on the forum and i really do appreciate all your guys help (even the ones who did not get to answer or answered too late)

Btw i wanted to mention, Puncia, you were curious about what the outside world thought. I thought id tell you from what i know. Many people dont know what you guys are, or even that you exist. I was the only one in the class of 50some that knew what a furry was when it was listed in subcultures. So your culture is relatively unknown to people outside internet communities. but for the people that do know of your existance, its more of a joke. Its not really taken seriously as many people see it as people dressing up in animal costumes and doing things with eachother. But yeah, its relatively unknown. I dont really even think theres much real educated criticism toward you guys. I know i dont have any lol. If anything, i feel more in tune with you all then normal culture even given the fact that i am not a furry.

Oh and just to mention, im probably gonna stay on the forum for a while. you guys are pretty cool to talk to and very accepting of my non furryness lol

Edit...... huh. i just realized that half my paper isnt there haha. and this is the one before i did all the proofreading. what the hell happened to the last bit of my paper? haha
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 12:02:15 PM by Yeahmkd »

Offline Puncia

• The Freaky
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
  • I am funny and intelligent. And attractive.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Twilight Leopard
  • Height: 9 ft long (274 cm), 7 ft tall (213 cm); tail, 12 ft (365 cm)
  • Weight: 2315 lbs (1050 kg)
  • Build: Stocky
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: *flop* One-man furpile.
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2011, 02:06:18 PM »
Well it was good nevertheless. :3

Offline Daemon

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • OVER 9000 HOURS IN PAINT.NET
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: polar bear
  • Coloring: white
  • Height: 6'8"
  • Weight: 220lbs
  • Build: muscular, chubby
  • Currently: Grammar Nazi
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2011, 04:03:43 PM »
Yes, it was. Im glad that you were able to talk to those people of your class, before they even learned what a furry was, so that if they hear someone talking un-true things about the fandom, they will know the real truth.

Offline WhiteTiger89

• Eager Elephant
    • Awards
  • Species: Winged Siberian Tiger
  • Coloring: White fur with black stripes, sapphire blue eyes, black wings
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 185 lbs.
  • Build: Tall with lean muscles.
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2011, 07:40:33 PM »
Yes, it was. Im glad that you were able to talk to those people of your class, before they even learned what a furry was, so that if they hear someone talking un-true things about the fandom, they will know the real truth.

This. Knowledge in before bigoted ignorance FTW!. :P
"Avenged Drunkenfold, Disdrunked, and Drunken Force!" - Mike Wengren, drummer for Disturbed.

Offline Yeahmkd

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2011, 10:00:39 AM »
Yeah im happy with it for the most part haha.