The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Anybody wanna help a new guy?  (Read 1627 times)

lordskelzor

Anybody wanna help a new guy?
« on: December 14, 2010, 12:41:18 PM »
OK so here's the deal:

i think i can get into this whole roleplay thing (i have a very overactive imagination) but i've never done it before, also:

*i have no idea how to go about this

*i'm concerned i won't be able to take it seriously

*i don't really have an idea of how most roleplay goes

anybody willing to help me out will have my most sincere gratitude.

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • I'm not a bad man.....I just do things bad men do.
    • Awards
  • Species: Spider
  • Coloring: Black with red patterning
  • Height: 10 foot
  • Currently: silently watching
Re: Anybody wanna help a new guy?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 12:43:29 PM »
i'm more than willing, just tell me what you want me to try and teach you and i'll see what i can do.
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • I'm not a bad man.....I just do things bad men do.
    • Awards
  • Species: Spider
  • Coloring: Black with red patterning
  • Height: 10 foot
  • Currently: silently watching
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 07:39:59 PM »
OK, well a RP is basically just putting your self in a fictional body, or in some cases more than one, the basic post consists of what your character says, what they do and what they're thinking. (you don't have to have the last one in all your posts.) there are two major formats for the rps on this site, action and non-action. (not technical names) an action RP posts is formated like this;
he held his hand out for a handshake "so how are you today?"
a non-action post is more like this;
so how are you today? *he held out his hand for a handshake*

both first and third person can be used for both but an action post is better for third person while non-action posts are more for first person.

now that that is out of the way.......*throws a fish to skelzor* catch it, catch it with the power of role playing!!
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

Offline ___

• Origami Guru
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 12:36:24 PM »
Mina looks on with slight intrigue, but her laziness getting the best of her, she yawns and curls up, ready for a nap.

You can also look here...
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/rp101/