The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The war of the worlds (not the movie)  (Read 7197 times)

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Nom!
Re: The war of the worlds (not the movie)
« Reply #75 on: January 31, 2011, 09:28:57 PM »
Kitt walked out of the tent, glaring around "Who was responsible for letting the vehicle out?" the soldier ran a hand through his short hair nervously, jerking a thumb over to a young soldier who could be no more than nineteen "That would be Jervai commander... But please, sir. Its not his fault-" Kitt held up a hand, walking past the first soldier. Everywhere soldiers had gathered, attracted to the sounds of shouting. Kitt came to a halt and pulled out his pistol.

The young soldier glanced between him, and the others, sweat running down his chin. He spoke with a heavy accent "Sir, please. I could not stop the truck getting through with only a rifle-" Kitt spat onto the mud, raised his pistol, and fired. The shot rang through the forest and the soldier slumped backwards, blood spattering over his uniform. Red star men watched solemnly, while infantry under the command of Lucius flinched, and stared wide-eyed.

Holstering the gun, Kitt glanced across at his men, growling "I will not tolerate excuses... Double the guards, shoot anyone entering or leaving on sight..." And with that he turned and walked away towards the radio truck, leaving several red star infantry to pull the corpse away to a shallow grave.

---

The radio truck was silent and empty as Kitt climbed up inside it. Electric lamps cast the maps and equipment in bright light, dark shadows everywhere else. Kitt sat down on an empty crate and took a deep drag on his cigarette, hands shaking as he removed the stump and flicked it away.

He breathed out a long trail of smoke and held his head in his hands. He cared for them... He lead them... He fought tooth and nail for them, every step of the way fighting to keep them alive. And they repaid him with insolence, with excuses and treachery! With a low growl Kitt slammed his fist against the wall of the truck, hollow bang reverberating through the vehicle. He sighed and pulled out another cigarette...

They had to get to the lake, and then from there the sergal base... And there, he would find what he needed... What the Red Star needed to win this war once and for all...
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • I'm not a bad man.....I just do things bad men do.
    • Awards
  • Species: Spider
  • Coloring: Black with red patterning
  • Height: 10 foot
  • Currently: silently watching
Re: The war of the worlds (not the movie)
« Reply #76 on: February 21, 2011, 07:12:11 AM »
max looked around and smiled. the others gave him a tour of what they called home and he liked what he saw. "neon converters, plasma coils, raiden hiperdrive parts, where did you get all this stuff?" "we scavenged most of it, after you were taken a lot of usable euipment was left behind including these." the young female fox talking walked over to two half-tracks from back before the war. "old tech met new tech and we riged a cloaking device to both trucks. once the lids on we can disapear and due to the mods we've made and the sensors we instaled we can avoid both fights and most terain that leaves tracks for others to follow." max looked at the armored trucks and simply smiled. "still got any of the R.C.R.S.S. project around here?" "enough that we can make mk VII or IX"
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."