The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rants: Positive ranting!  (Read 105003 times)

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healed up
Re: Rants: Positive ranting!
« Reply #2520 on: March 21, 2018, 12:57:29 PM »
The Strategic Management professor decided to invalidate all midterm exams because so many people failed the exam, so I'm curious to see how I "would have fared" now, so I get to meet with the professor next Monday!
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Corran Orreaux

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #2521 on: March 21, 2018, 04:30:32 PM »
Two of the three books I ordered (S.P.Q.R: A History of Ancient Rome and A Great and Terrible King: Edward I and the Forging of Britain) Got here a Day earlier than expected!

Offline Ori

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter
  • "You can't see me" - John Cena
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Warm Grey, red, black
  • Height: 5ft 6 ish,
  • Weight: 140
  • Build: Skinny, Scrawny.
  • Currently: Working on college homework
« Reply #2522 on: March 30, 2018, 02:50:45 AM »
When you're having a bad day. Then you find out Steven Universe has new episodes and it's Garnet meeting the off colors. lol
My name is Ori.

I am totally not trying to impersonate Edward Scissorhands. Who is that anyway?
Also I am humming this is Halloween.
Also John Cena Memes don't die. (John Cena theme blares in background)

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 10 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #2523 on: April 01, 2018, 03:10:22 AM »
I got Audio-Technica ATH-M20x headphones, the most expensive ones I've ever got, and for a bit I thought there was something wrong with them because things sounded inconsistently tinny while odd instruments would stand out. I was about to complain until I tried it on my dad's laptop, then my Surface, and they sound great. Turns out the issue was only on my desktop. I'm not sure why. I assume it's the audio driver, but I haven't found this issue on other headphones and speakers, so I dunno.
When I tried looking up my issue, it seems people also had the same issue and blamed the headphones for it. So, heads up, if you buy an M20x and you find it sounding tinny with little/no bass and treble and instruments strangely loud or distant, try the headphones on other devices before returning them as "broken" or whatever.
Anyway, I got new nice headphones. I like. I'll figure out the desktop issues sometime in the future.

Offline saph the sergal

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • a derpy sergal
    • Awards
  • Species: aussie sergal
  • Coloring: black and purple
  • Height: 6 feet
  • Weight: 50 kilograms
  • Build: in shape
  • Currently: hello darkness my old friend
« Reply #2524 on: April 01, 2018, 04:38:34 AM »
I got Audio-Technica ATH-M20x headphones, the most expensive ones I've ever got, and for a bit I thought there was something wrong with them because things sounded inconsistently tinny while odd instruments would stand out. I was about to complain until I tried it on my dad's laptop, then my Surface, and they sound great. Turns out the issue was only on my desktop. I'm not sure why. I assume it's the audio driver, but I haven't found this issue on other headphones and speakers, so I dunno.
When I tried looking up my issue, it seems people also had the same issue and blamed the headphones for it. So, heads up, if you buy an M20x and you find it sounding tinny with little/no bass and treble and instruments strangely loud or distant, try the headphones on other devices before returning them as "broken" or whatever.
Anyway, I got new nice headphones. I like. I'll figure out the desktop issues sometime in the future.

sound card is needed i know because after a google seach they are a studio or montering headset ment for people with stuff like audio interfaces or mixing decks thats all it is just not enough power to drive them at the right levels
on land line is a inanimate object under water it has a life of its own

i have a very dry sense of humor be careful around me :D

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 10 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #2525 on: April 01, 2018, 05:11:37 AM »

sound card is needed i know because after a google seach they are a studio or montering headset ment for people with stuff like audio interfaces or mixing decks thats all it is just not enough power to drive them at the right levels

Yeah, that's what I figure. I just find it strange that my dad's old laptop and my Surface can handle it, but not the desktop. It's one made for business, so maybe that's why.

On topic: Easter and stuff.

Offline saph the sergal

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • a derpy sergal
    • Awards
« Reply #2526 on: April 01, 2018, 05:22:51 AM »

Yeah, that's what I figure. I just find it strange that my dad's old laptop and my Surface can handle it, but not the desktop. It's one made for business, so maybe that's why.

On topic: Easter and stuff.

depending on componants and all that

on topic: i helped someone today

Offline Rocco Rex

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Species: German Shepherd
« Reply #2527 on: April 06, 2018, 07:56:06 PM »
Ok, this is kinda scary. More than one thing went right today. Have access to my important bank accounts AND cell phone bill and have everything switched as needed

Offline SadDubwool

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Long time member guy, Never here.
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Lop Rabbit
  • Coloring: Dark brown fur with light brown splotches
  • Height: Height:5'7
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: We'll have ourselves a ball
« Reply #2528 on: April 07, 2018, 06:50:17 AM »
I've been on a stint of watching professional wrassling lateley and I really think i've rebirthed my love for the industry

New hobby, I guess.
Thoughts are like arrows: once released, they strike their mark, guard them well or one day you may be your own victim.

Offline Emtile

• U.S ARMY
  • Donator
  • Chatty Cheetah
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Iguana/lizard
  • Coloring: Yellow scales with orange eyes
  • Height: 5 ft 8in
  • Weight: 138lbs
  • Build: Lean
  • Currently: Was doing stuff
« Reply #2529 on: April 14, 2018, 12:29:27 PM »
My parents have no idea what a furry is.

YES!!!!!
  • Avatar by: KeahiNimbusLeHyena (Love you)

Offline Ara Av-Toa

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Currently: Abandoned profile
« Reply #2530 on: April 15, 2018, 05:10:49 PM »
I've learned to be more grateful for everyday life about a month ago.

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #2531 on: April 15, 2018, 07:21:31 PM »
I'm going to the grocery store! I always enjoy doing that, because I get to be away from my room for a bit.
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline saph the sergal

• Noble Newt
  • a derpy sergal
    • Awards
« Reply #2532 on: April 20, 2018, 05:42:39 AM »
Incomming long test but bloody great news for fishers around the world that have ever heard or used a Alvey fishing reel and know of just the ability to put these things anywhere and have them work with a wash

From their facebook page https://www.facebook.com/alveyreels/posts/1728574487181202

Alvey Reels will continue with manufacturing based in Australia.
 TO OUR VALUED CUSTOMERS AND LOYAL ANGLERS
 “It’s not just a reel, it’s an Alvey!” For almost 100 years iconic fishing brand, Alvey Reels, have stood side by side with Aussie anglers, priding themselves on a reputation built firmly on quality, innovation and unique design. Many of their much-loved reels have earned their right as prized possessions, passionately passed from one generation of fishing fanatic to the next.
 Despite its' unsurpassed status, the ever changing face of the modern retail and economic environment saw Alvey Reels face severe financial hardship. With slow sales, increased charges and rising manufacturing costs the favoured family-owned company was pushed almost to the point of bail-out in July 2017.
 “A passion for quality and innovation  by design”
 Thankfully Alvey Reels' lines run deep into the Australian angling community and along with an unprecedented and overwhelming display of public and retail support Alvey Reels are proud to announce their commitment to once again lure and maintain a shark-size chunk of the Australian and Global fishing retail market.
 Casting a watchful eye over the Alvey legacy, we welcome Con Athans who will join forces with descendants of the founding family, Bruce and Glenn Alvey, in a partnership that will drive the brand to a sustainable future.
 “To deliver the Alvey experience to the marine leisure sector”
 Hooked on fishing? Well so are we! Alvey are thrilled to be able to continue to delight and inspire  anglers from all over the world, offering state of the art products for Surf, Estuary, Rock, and Ocean fishing. We are dedicated to delivering an exceptional experience in quality and performance by streamlining our integral manufacturing and sales support teams. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Alvey family in a partnership devoted to the sport we love to devour.
 For further information please Contact Bruce Alvey.                 Biss Hrs 07 3271 2844

also here is my Alvey and yes i still run this reel every chance i get

To explain the second pic: it is a bakalite reel (think really fancy fiberglass) and i can get a new one but why fix something if it still preforms fine? and plus thats about 800 meters of line and unless i go deep water fishing (and i wont with this reel since its 1:1 ratio) i wont ever ouch that amount
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 09:04:28 AM by saph the sergal »

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
« Reply #2533 on: April 27, 2018, 11:49:28 PM »
Half-rant, half-good news. I put this here because the rant ends in something good.

It truly amazes me how cruel people are to animals. It is arguably unfair that a kitten of 10 weeks old should be expected to fend for himself in a city like West Memphis. How cruel. I was in town going to a friend's house - but we swung by the office to pick up my mom, and she went to the furniture store to pay a bill or something. That's when I heard it. At first, I thought it was a bird. It was when mom walked out with my grandfather that it sounded again, and they tracked it to a poor, scared, thirsty and no doubt hungry kitten laying on a tire of one of the furniture moving trucks. The poor baby was so scared, and when I walked out, he almost immediately crawled into my arms! He was shaking! I took him into the truck, and we drove to walmart. I stayed in the truck to stay with the kitten, and it became apparent the little one likes me. He was so adorable, rubbing my hand, purring, and when I reached my nose down, he would reach his own nose up and boop my nose. He was actually falling asleep in my arms when Granddad came to the truck with the groceries. After that, I left the kitten with mom so she could take him to the vet while I went with my friend. When I got home, I learned he has an upper respiratory infection and an eye infection. But not serious.

We're gonna name him either Chevy or Napoleon.
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Dark Blue with white fur around The palms of the Paws
  • Build: Anthro.
« Reply #2534 on: May 06, 2018, 10:45:16 PM »
I am now offically a world record holder in a catagory that actually has some real competition.

I successfully now have a World record speedrunning Thief Gold: any% (newdark)

This makes me unbelivably happy, even if the former record holder has vowed to swiftly defeat my run. The back and forth between the two of us will be intresting.  ^_^
  • Avatar by: A friend of mine IRL.
Angders weapons: Blizz - Burning Frost
Retired weapons: Blizz Tempest

All weapons were drawn by Zarc.

Please note that I have very little free time on Fridays.