The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: I think I might need some help.  (Read 1277 times)

Offline Zaspher

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Dog/Deer hybrid (an akita with antlers)
  • Coloring: Navy Blue & white. Brown and purple eyes.
  • Height: 6''2"
  • Weight: 210
  • Build: large and floofy
I think I might need some help.
« on: February 06, 2011, 01:45:05 PM »
 :P Hi I've never roleplayed before and I was wondering how I do it. I'm also looking for a little advice as well.

Offline terror night

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit, arctic hare
  • Coloring: Fur: White, Eyes: Dark green, Nose: Black, Paws: Pink, Hair: Light blonde
  • Height: 5'10
  • Weight: 115 lb
  • Build: Lightly toned
Re: I think I might need some help.
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 08:20:37 PM »
There are two generally accepted forms of roleplaying. My personal favorite is traditional where you write out what you're doing like a book and quote what you're saying like this,

Ian walked into the dark room slowly clutching his oil lantern and trembling in fear. His fear of the dark was not helped at all by his paranoia at the time. He gently lowered his mouth and uttered a single syllable, "Hel-" before being pulled silently into the dark void that was the doorway by an unseen presence. No other sound came from the room and all his friends ran screaming out of the house.

You can see this form is quite expressive and you can do a lot with it. This form is usually used in all types of roleplay whereas the new age form of roleplaying, also called chatplay, is usually reserved for rps with a lot of action in them such as one on ones and all out wars. Here's an example.

I'm going to be the end of you! *draws my blade from its sheath and swings in front of me in one deft motion while stepping forward and bringing my other hand back in a fist ready to counter a parry*

In either case the generally accepted OOC rule applies where you talk Out Of Character. You can do that any way you like as long as you're clear about it such as using parentheses (like this) or an ooc prefix ooc: like this.

I hope this really helped a lot! I'm sure I was as descriptive about as much as I could be.  :D