The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Favorite video game character(s) and why?  (Read 6006 times)

Offline josh_down

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Herbivorous Lion
Re: Favorite video game character(s) and why?
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2010, 02:14:15 AM »
leon from f-zero ... i enclose picture;

not just cause he's got a lion's tail. he has a real sense of childish innocence in the game. he's purely involved in the motor-sport that the game is about for charity because his home planet (from my own memory... called zion) is almost completely destroyed by a civil war.

he's only 16... d'awwww look at him! he's so cute! but he does have strangely extruding shoulder-pads.
The further on I go, all the less i know.
I can't find...
only us, breathing;
only us, sleeping;
only us, dreaming;
only us

Offline FurryDreamer

• Avid Aardvark
  • Need my fursona made.Something like this.
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Brown fur with a lighter coloured brown fur for some parts
  • Height: Average? Not as tall as most people. :3
  • Build: Average overweight
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2010, 02:30:54 PM »

not just cause he's got a lion's tail. he has a real sense of childish innocence in the game. he's purely involved in the motor-sport that the game is about for charity because his home planet (from my own memory... called zion) is almost completely destroyed by a civil war.

he's only 16... d'awwww look at him! he's so cute! but he does have strangely extruding shoulder-pads.
oh i love that game. but i played that before i knew i was a furry so i guessed i must have missed him. hes a lion? Lol. With the name Leon i guess he must be then.  i always liked the dinosaur though. the one with the care with the two spike on it. i cant remember his name.
Hige is owned by Wolfs rain.

Offline Flyin'

• The Dark Angel
  • Chatty Cheetah
  • ...Why am I a horse now?
    • Awards
  • Species: Sandy-Orange Equine
  • Coloring: Orange, white
  • Height: 5 foot 9
  • Weight: 8 stone
  • Build: Skinny
  • Currently: Lurking in the shadows
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2010, 03:20:24 PM »
Leon looks more like a wolf than anything else.

Anyway, Llyud from FF12: RW. His story is so deep that it had me almost in tears by the end. And his Quickening and attacks are win.
Am I back? Quite possibly.

Offline josh_down

• Dancing Dragon
    • Awards
  • Species: Herbivorous Lion
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2010, 08:19:32 PM »

oh i love that game. but i played that before i knew i was a furry so i guessed i must have missed him. hes a lion? Lol. With the name Leon i guess he must be then.  i always liked the dinosaur though. the one with the care with the two spike on it. i cant remember his name.

he has a face very similar to a wolf but he has a lion's tail. show me a wolf with that kinda tail! XD

and the dino was called bio rex, and his machine was called "big fang"

his machine was one of the better ones for smashing people out of the way, but still had the relevant quickness and nimbleness to navigate decent circuits.
The further on I go, all the less i know.
I can't find...
only us, breathing;
only us, sleeping;
only us, dreaming;
only us

Offline Self-sain

• The Unlikely Love
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • black and white isn't to bad
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Foat (Bat/Fox)
  • Coloring: purpule
  • Height: 5'7
  • Weight: 112
  • Build: thin some tone
  • Currently: Done with everything
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2010, 09:36:57 PM »
DDR- Baby Leon, he is cute, and he will own you in any dance compatishion :o

Tekken 5-6- Dragunvo, he is Russian, and after he owns you he will just walk away

Solcal- Voldo, he is just to asome

Bio Shock- lil sister, there so cute, and ill samah anyones face who will try take one D:<
if you ever want to see Lil Johny again...
YOU WILL LOOK D:<

Offline TailzWolf

• Boisterous Bear
  • Thanks goes to Joe Racoon for this nice Avi!
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2010, 09:20:22 PM »
The guy in my avatar- Hazama from BlazBlue. He's actually Terumi Yuuki, I could go into why/how he's Terumi Yuuki but to keep it short, he's possessed by him and the Hazama body is an artificial human (no soul of it's own). Oh and I should probably mention, he's not as cute in-game as he is in my avatar. He's actually the bad guy. He's nearly completely mental, and, has a very interesting playstyle (BlazBlue = fighting game), I love his dress-sense and his green hair, and his voice actors (his Japanese voice actor is Yuichi Nakamura, who I love~ <3). Also he has his eyes always closed, which is cute! He only opens his eyes when he's being all mental, and then they're amber/yellow, which I love~ also in the opening to the first game, he has slit pupils, which I love. Yeeeeeah, I like pretty much everything about him as a character. xD
And now I shall leave this post with one of his attack animations c:

You just got me very curious about this series :3
This guy reminds me of Gin Ichimaru from Bleach. Seriously though, that's one of his attack animations? :o

Feel fre to take the quiz here

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2010, 09:46:37 PM »
Frank west

*puts on aviators glasses*

He's covered wars y'know!

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2010, 01:36:42 PM »
I wanna be unique and original with my post on this thread, throwing in some indie games like Zeno Clash or The Path, and I was hoping to do some Planescape Torment, though I'm nowhere near far enough into it to really appreciate the characters... but instead, the characters that always really stood out for me, were from the bigger games:

GlaDOS: Portal: Brilliantly funny and sinister at the same time. Also the fact that she feels this frustration for being pestered and picked on, just because she was doing some experiments the way she wanted to do it, and then some stupid human had to go and mess it all up. I love that idea that she feels innocent.

Tommy Angelo: Mafia: Despite me being more involved and attached with Vito Scolletta from Mafia II, Tommy Angelo is my favourite as he's the nice guy in bad circumstances, the embodiment of the mobster movie. He just wants to do what he can to be alive and do good things for himself and his family. Plus he's a cab driver. I love those cab driving missions.

Admiral Akin Bosch: Freespace 2: Is he the saviour of the galaxy? or a man gone insane, throwing himself into the void. He's a mysterious character, only appearing in a few missions where you try to kill him for rebelling against the Galactic Terran-Vasudan Alliance with his Neo-Terran Front. The subtleties of it are brilliantly done because you automatically assume he's the bad guy, with a terrorist organisation, but then, he does monologue cutscenes, and you realise that things aren't so clear cut. Maybe he's right.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline Catfish

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
  • Currently: Confused
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2010, 11:50:22 PM »
Tommy Angelo: Mafia: Despite me being more involved and attached with Vito Scolletta from Mafia II, Tommy Angelo is my favourite as he's the nice guy in bad circumstances, the embodiment of the mobster movie. He just wants to do what he can to be alive and do good things for himself and his family. Plus he's a cab driver. I love those cab driving missions.

I like him very much too. For me Matt Baker and Tony are a very similar characters.

Shadow of the Colossus - Nameless hero and his horse, Agro  - he reminds me Atreyu from Neverending Story. He's not a superhero or anything like that, that's why i like him.
Just a simple boy with inhuman courage.

Chrono Cross - Yamaneko  - he's still my favourite evil character from video games  ^_^ He's ready to sacrafice everything and everyone to achieve his goals.

Brothers in Arms - Matthew Baker - a common man/soldier who's trying to accept his responsibility of being a squad leader. He just finds himself in a wrong place at the wrong time. He's a very realistic character to me. Calm, smart, friendly and loyal to his squadmates.

Dead Rising - Frank West - another commonly looking character XD I like him becouse he definitely know how to fight zombies XD

Planescape - Ignus - "One day, Ignus will kill you all." All characters from PS were awesome and very unique but Ignus was my favourite.
An insane pyromaniacal mage who very often reacts very violently without reason XD

Offline Flyin'

• The Dark Angel
  • Chatty Cheetah
  • ...Why am I a horse now?
    • Awards
  • Species: Sandy-Orange Equine
  • Coloring: Orange, white
  • Height: 5 foot 9
  • Weight: 8 stone
  • Build: Skinny
  • Currently: Lurking in the shadows
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2010, 08:31:01 AM »
Sniper from TF2- He has such a personality and remains positive despite all the stuff that he's called by the others. He also has the most epic line out of all the Meet The Team videos:

'Be Polite. Be Efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone that you meet...'
Am I back? Quite possibly.

Offline Seko

• Boisterous Bear
  • (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
    • Awards
  • Species: Red Panda
  • Coloring: Blue eyes, default red panda colours
  • Height: 5'11
  • Weight: 70kg
  • Build: Average with massive hands
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2010, 01:02:47 PM »
got three:

alyx vance: she was the most relateable character in my oppinion throughout the half life series, and i always felt bad for her when bad stuff happened, i also noticed that realistically she started to become more frustrated and scared. these factors made the half life episodes seem much more emotional imo :P

william overbeck (bill): he is a war veteran with an awesome hat, a leg full of shrapnel and has the most detailed backstory of the l4d series. also its fun to hear him arguing with francis constantly.

glados: dark humor, puzzles and cake. what more do you need?