The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Constructive Criticism?  (Read 1239 times)

Offline Random User

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Hyena
  • Coloring: Black 'n' Grey
  • Height: Five feet, six inches.
  • Weight: 125lbs
  • Build: Average
Constructive Criticism?
« on: September 16, 2010, 02:09:01 AM »
Yeah, it's been a long time since I've drawn anything really, and this is probably the first anthro I've actually ever drawn that isn't Yoshi, so I want some constructive criticism on how I drew my fursona, please.

Melt in the Sun! Melt in the Sun! Who wants to come with me to melt in the Sun?
Hide in the sky! Hide in the sky! Who wants to come with me and hide in the sky?

Offline Takarah Luna

• Dorky Therian Chick
  • Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Just me... Plain and simple...
    • Awards
  • Species: plain 'ol wolf
  • Coloring: black and silver with a rainbow striped tail
  • Height: Five feet, ten inches
  • Weight: 130lbs
  • Build: Medium to skinny-ish and tall
Re: Constructive Criticism?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 02:51:19 AM »
It looks good... The feet look funny to me... But feet are REALLY HARD to draw   >w<;;
Proud wolf therian and furry!!!
My DA= http://pistolvaunwulf.deviantart.com/

"IMMA FIRIN MY LAZAR!!! BLAAAAAARRGH!!!"
-the lazer collection (best youtube video(s) ever!)

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 12:41:41 PM »
It's not bad, but try to get some proportions going on. look at the proportions of a human and draw a basic shape that has the right proportions,  before going into a full on drawing.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline ___

• Origami Guru
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 02:01:30 AM »
Yea, the proportions are a bit off on the piece; the body should be like 6 1/2 - 7 heads tall, and the whole character dosn't look like he's facing one way because of the pant's crotch. Ummm... The tail should flow more, like a bunch of fur... That's all I can think of. Its good overall for your first time though. :D