The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Friend or Foe 3.0  (Read 12789 times)

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
Re: Friend or Foe 3.0
« Reply #105 on: August 14, 2010, 12:39:10 AM »
He thought about it for a few moments, trying to think of a possible explanation. "I don't think I was joking, I distinctly remember going to bed in much better clothes than what you or I ever imagined wearing. However, I don't know exactly how much time passed between falling asleep and waking up as a dragon so there is the possibility of my body becoming draconian during my sleep." He took a bite of the meat before he said 'however', and was still able to fluently speak with food in his mouth. I guess being Chrono is definatly more preferrable to my human self in terms of practicality; but there is a heavy price for such perks: a constant issue of the past rearing its ugly head in hostility
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Brooklyn K. Grey

• The Bibliophilic Therianthrope
  • Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum.
  • Harbinger of Lucid Nightmares;;
    • Awards
  • Currently: Believing in the Tale of the Silver Sight;;
« Reply #106 on: August 15, 2010, 03:29:24 AM »
             The lion-wolf said nothing in response, instead choosing to enjoy the silence in being ignored and wandered off back toward town.  He figured that his time was better spent gathering information than sitting there being lost. Besides, there was nothing he could do theorizing.

The dull roar of chatter in the square was a god-send, washing away the trickle of thought that plagued his mind thanks to the doubt and the sentiment. Mordecai moved to sit on the edge of the fountain, preferring the more literal trickle of water, watching them all pass by underneath the hood. Words mixed and melded, voices popping out from the stream before fading back into the void. 

Sure waking up as Mordecai hadn't been a bad thing, but he did have this twinge of remorse for being away from his family. It was heart-wrenching, but still, waking up as one of your characters was an almost impossible thing. Not something to waste to fear.

H a v e n ' t  y o u  s e e n  m e  s l e e p w a l k i n g ? 

Offline Darkwood Strange

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Bear man
  • Coloring: black
  • Height: 8'0"
  • Weight: 350lb
  • Build: uncut muscle
« Reply #107 on: August 16, 2010, 03:33:59 AM »
I watched Mordicai walk off and decided he needed his alone time. So I looked around and checked my surroundings. There wasn't much to look at. We were in a old city with animal people walking around. Then I saw the rabbit was still on the ground. "Well, if I'm going to be around these people, might as well make some new friends." I thought and extended my hand to the little guy. "Howdy, need some help friend. My name's Cody Laster but you can call me Dov." in my southern drawl and with a smile on my face.
Don't forget to grab life by the horns and take it for a ride!

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #108 on: August 16, 2010, 04:34:13 AM »
As Felodran was cleaning the bakery, he had a nagging question to ask the vixen owner.

"So what do people call you around here? Also where is here anyways?"

He assumed after he finished his cleaning she would ask about why he was hear and all of that not so fun stuff. But then how did it happen?

One minute he was asleep in his room, with posters of Carmine standing heroically over a dead Locust, and the next he was in a run down inn. Or was it years? Lots of time could've passed since he entered that slumber. But that leaves the question of why there are others like him.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Poster
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #109 on: August 16, 2010, 04:54:19 PM »
"Now why would I think you were going to eat me?? Hahah! You're crazy, I wasn't thinkin' tha'!" That was clearly a lie and an attempt to play cool, Reno was never good at hiding how he feels. When Mordecai wandered off he didn't really care all too much, not only was he acting strange it was one less person he knew would not not eat him. Mortis was probably the only one he trust that wouldn't eat him. But that was different when it came to her doing other things to him...

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #110 on: August 18, 2010, 04:35:13 PM »
"S'odd, honestly." He said finishing up the dishes and putting them back in their respective places. "And don't get used tah this kinda service, either. I won't be doin' it all the time. Sometimes you might have to do it with or for me." Armel stood at the sink, crossing his arms. "Alright, ye ought to be gettin' to bed now. Or at least to ye chambers." he stated in a matter-of-factly tone. "There's a lot to do in the morning and we gotta get you ready as my apprentice."

-----

Mortis, as the others were talking couldn't take it anymore, she tugged down on her zipper. Immediately, her head collapsed and another rose from the zipper.. It was a sepia toned Mortis with the seems showing. In place of the eyes there were two large x's made of the string that held the buttons on the other side. It's neck seemed to stretch like a cartoon and its mouth ripped open, revealing an orange and purple striped snake for a tongue. As parts of Mortis collapsed and disappeared, this monster made its way out of the zipper, standing, looking more organic.. No longer a 2 ft. doll, but now an oddly proportioned almost 6ft tall monster made of cloth. The pin was still in its chest, however this time, the end of the pin was in the front rather than the back.

-----

The Vixen finished up her cleaning, replying, "Well, they just call me Astra. I've been running this place for years." She was rather satisfied with how obedient her apprentice was, though she thought it strange he didn't know where he was. "Gabag, you're in Atlas. You know where Atlas is right?" She tilted her head, assuming he didn't and continued. "It's a neutral ground for dealers and merchants between the light kingdom and the darklands. We get all types here. I hear a sorceror runs the darklands and that's he's very powerful.. He can make anyone anything."

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #111 on: August 19, 2010, 02:02:01 AM »
He thought about the situation for a moment, then nodded as he found a downstairs to where he thought the chamber would be, and the moment he stepped down, a voice ran through his head. You are capable of ruling everything, why must you be content with being some old bear's apprentice?! He felt something take control of his left arm, but he grabbed it and hissed in pain as an inward force tried to take control. Silence and be still rogue spirit, this is my body, and its my choice to do with it as I will!! he 'replied' to the inner voice, and felt control go back to his arm as he went further downstairs to lay down on the mat below. "Whats the point of ruling everything if you have no clue of whom you rule?"
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Poster
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #112 on: August 19, 2010, 05:04:33 AM »
Reno watched as Mortis transformed from a tiny doll to a monstrous beast before his eyes. "'onestly...This sucks..." With that said Reno ran towards the bear and hid behind him for protection. The two seemed like close friends, maybe Mortis would hesitate before eating him while Reno could escape. But even then, he's a bear, he would take a minute I'm sure to eat...And with his size maybe he could even fight the new monstrous Mortis.

Offline Darkwood Strange

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #113 on: August 20, 2010, 04:55:33 AM »
Everything happened so fast by the time my mind caught up I had a monster Mortis in front of me and a scared little bunny behind me. I turned to look at the scared expression on his face and said "You little wuss!" I then turned to the monster in front of me and decided to try and reason with her first. She was still one of my best friends anyways, I hoped she still was. "Bane? Bane are you still with us babygirl? If you are say something please." I tensed up getting ready for an attack if it came. Took one more look at the bunny behind me, shook my head and turned to face the creature that was Mortis.

Offline Brooklyn K. Grey

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #114 on: August 23, 2010, 01:11:50 PM »
            Mordecai continued to observe the crowds movements until finally he grew tired of the chaos. Being ignorant of so much was starting to frustrate him. Where in the world was this place? Why were we here?
           The lion-wolf mused for a little longer, before standing up to wander the city a little more. There wasn't much else to do, and if the others needed him, they could probably find him easily, much to his dismay.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #115 on: August 25, 2010, 06:38:38 PM »
The monster, seemingly compelled by ill-will nodded. She was still her, just now made of what looked like colorless burlap that still retained some of her patterns and had its seams showing. She lifted her arm taking a look, then glanced to the others, the only thing indicating her doing so was the movement of her head. "Well, at least I'm the same height as you all now. Though, I'm not sure how people will react to me on the streets," as she talked a purple and orange striped snake, the only thing with color on her moved and acted as a tongue.

-----

Armel went back to his chambers after he finished up a hammer he had been working on before he decided to pick up an apprentice. He was tired, and was a little weary of his newly acquired apprentice. He seemed to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.. Either that or he was just insane.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #116 on: August 25, 2010, 11:41:22 PM »
"I'm not a wuss, I'm strategic. If Mortis had actually attacked us, your size is much larger than my own, thus giving you the advantage. Which would allow me to get behind'er and deliver a swift karate chop!" "WOW! That sounded really smart of me. I'm beginnin' to be more and more like Reno...I think, dunno. Hard to tell, we're so much alike..." Reno took a step out from behind the bear to look at Mortis. "So uhm...You gonna stay like tha'? In all honesty, it's creepy..."

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #117 on: August 28, 2010, 07:01:13 PM »
Chrono had a hard time sleeping, since he felt he was forgetting something. He got back up and paced about until he remembered Gabag telling him to meet after they got 'time off'. He looked about the room for a window as his claws made it hard to quietly get around doors. He managed to find a small window that went directly to the ground just behind the shop. He pushed it open and crawled out before standing back up, outside the shop.

He started to wander towards the fountain, and a little distance past that, before taking notice of probably the only other reptile here besides himself. He made his way right to it, wanting to get more information about this place from a different perspective...

Offline Darkwood Strange

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #118 on: August 28, 2010, 09:44:00 PM »
I decided to ignore the explanation given by the rabbit and instead turned my attention to Mortis. She was indeed taller, most likely stronger, definitely stranger, and completely stuck out in a crowd. "Im glad you found out a new ability and all Bane, but right now your stickin' out like a sore thumb. Maybe its better to change back for right now. Id like to not get kicked outta this town yet." "Well," I thought to myself "At least now we got a secret weapon."

Offline Brooklyn K. Grey

• Eager Elephant
    • Awards
« Reply #119 on: August 28, 2010, 11:25:19 PM »
               Mordecai entered a few of the buildings, excusing himself if it was a private residence, before finally giving up to head back through the main square to the others. As he passed, he took notice of the dragon, but only just a glimpse, as he slipped back out of sight.

"Wonder what he's starting now...though I suppose its probably more productive than wandering around aimlessly like I have been..."

The sentiment agreed, venting its disapproval with his actions heavily while the lion-wolf hybrid headed around corners to lean on the wall adjacent to the original alley he lead the others too. He didn't know if they were there still, but he could hear voices, so he didn't bother to head back over to check. The hybrid slid to the ground, staring up at the sky with a vacant expression painting his eyes and muzzle from beneath the hood. He was starting to get hungry, and leaving the town was becoming more and more appealing. That, or stealing..