The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Any Tips?  (Read 1171 times)

Offline NeWFur

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Height: 6' 3
  • Weight: 200 something :P (I'm tall lol)
  • Build: Normal
Any Tips?
« on: July 22, 2010, 02:40:43 AM »
Hey guys  :D

I'm really new in drawing anthro pics and I was wondering, could you guys give me some tips and tricks to get better in drawing them?  (Drawing in general lol)  I'm really not that good at drawing, but I guess I just have to keep practicing  :3 

Offline Cacophony

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: hybrid
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6''
  • Build: Slim
Re: Any Tips?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 03:26:25 PM »
This is pretty generalized but I typed this up for someone with the same question:

I'd say to work on drawing, on a general rule of thumb I'd have to say:

1. Always work on anatomy.  Even if you're really good, everyone can always use some practice on it.  Draw people from other pictures, draw pictures of your friends, draw pictures of random people in the mall/class/anywhere really.  Because anthro characters have a very human body base (most of the time) it's helpful to work on humans.  As far as animal faces and such?  Look up the skeletal structure of the animal(s) you are working from.  This will give you a base to work with but room to play around.

2.  Even if you think it sucks, follow it through anyway.  Even if you never post it, or just throw it out, you always have the practice.  No one gets anywhere by limiting themselves (I just discovered this the other day.  It was pretty enlightening.)

3.  Draw that stick figure stuff people are talking about.  Just light, in pencil so it doesn't show through your finished work.  It works out well, it's just difficult to grab at first.  Here is an example:

http://s83.photobucket.com/albums/j288/fragmentedminds/?action=view&current=091908.jpg

I do progression style photos on how to work with stick figure sketchiness.  I'm not going to hijack your thread, but you're welcome to PM me if interested.