Author Topic: Sigmuntum Solar  (Read 5622 times)

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
  • Reference: [link]
Re: Sigmuntum Solar
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2010, 12:26:56 AM »
Morgan looked down at Hes'tel's grip, somewhat surprised at her strength. "Very well. Follow me." With that, Morgan turned around and faced the men standing behing him. They stood at attention before he walked past them. His soldiers waited and looked on through their helmets at the Khe'val to follow close behind. At this point, Morgan's men in the bay were at ease, whispering comments to each other about the new comers.

One of the soldiers that waited for the Khe'val to follow said through the speaker in his helmet. "Welcome aboard Icarus 9."

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2010, 03:51:37 PM »
The five Khe'val followed behind Morgan, walking with their horned heads held high with defiance as the Icarus' men whispered and watched. Hes'tel sighed to herself, tapping a small touch screen set into her wrist-gauntlet. The blue screen flickered with symbols and diagnostics, reporting that the ship hull repairs where at 12%... Whether they liked it or not, they where stuck here for now.

The gunner sidled closer to Hes'tel as they walked, her own hair braided into long dreadlocks that swung as she walked. She bit her lower lip with apprehension, whispering in the Khe'val native tongue <"They are intruding on Khe'val space... We should report to the council of their sins and call in the fleet...">

Hes'tel frowned, whispering back. The language sounding rather like a mixture of hisses and guttural growls <"Do not fool yourself Jan'ra... These people could be a powerful ally to the Khe'val... We owe them our lives, where is your honour?"> The gunner blanched, clenching her fists tightly <"You dare speak to me of honour! To be an honourable Khe'val I should have opened fire on these aliens as soon as I saw them!">

Hes'tel shot Jan'ra a sharp glare, lip raising into a snarl as she did so <"Remember who is in command here gunner... The Khe'val have been too set in their ways, perhaps it is time for us to look for help...">
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2010, 04:53:21 AM »
The ships heading in on a route of interception were detected within seconds. Now it seemed both knew about the other. The command was given to spread out quickly. The five Arono were instructed to dive down. The others were instructed to attempt to encircle the enemy. As soon as possible, they would open fire, which involved, luckily for them, a heavy dosage of anti-matter to thrawrt the pirate's perception. If it worked, a slip in time would be projected using one of the said cannons. The enemies rushing twoards them would come across an invisible black hole, and, after entering, would end up behind everyone, including the Sanctum's fleet. Hopefully, they would be going too fast to detect it in time.

Then the Arono would swarm the Nuarline and what was around it, and the Hafiretu would simply turn around, reversing roles with the pirates.

Thank God they had brought along some of the more powerful Cyigotha soldiers. Even if the pirates evaded the black hole plan (the simplest plan to come up with)...it would still be a cakewalk to eliminate them with the Cyigotha aboard, tethered down and ready to do as they were told.

Almost immediately, the pirates opened fire with missiles, guass cannons and heavy ion projectiles. The slower, heavier defensive ships wheeled themselves into battle formation, and upon closer inspection, looked like giant railguns, and confirmed that when they launched massive slugs from their cavernous barrels. Already some of the smaller ships were being seriously damaged (sasha's ships)

_____

MEANWHILE
With the probe's information the Dauntran civilians plotted a course for the abandoned station, curious as to what'd they find.

Back on Dauntra, the Maw gave the fleet's disappearance very little thought.  The Maw had other things on its mind.  The neighboring civilizations were in turmoil for reasons yet to be discovered, and that worried the Maw.  The Tongue called for order as the meeting began.  There were many accusations that the other civilizations were at war with some unknown, while others said that they were fighting with one another.  Lack of diplomacy with their neighbors had left them in the dark as to the goings on around them. 

One of the Teeth motioned for an alliance with a larger civilization, if only so that they'd be informed when anything strange happened.  This idea spread through the Maw like a wild-fire.  Only one problem arose...

...who would they ally themselves with?

Upon seeing alien vessels, the station's arms started to spin n rapid sequence as if it was threatened, but then started slowing down and the multi arms opened to embrace the Dauntran fleet.

Inside the station, a small legion of mindless terminator bots prowled the decks, hunting any organic they found, now they finally found Organics, but they dont want to risk their precious Centerpoint Station.

Offline Entaru

• The Jabberwocky's Apprentice
  • Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I...will never let go
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Plagas Infested Fox
  • Coloring: Ivory fur, and emerald (Bloodshot) eyes
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Gangly, almost emaciated
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2010, 05:03:52 AM »
Intrigued by the station's reaction, 20 of the ships were sent to investigate the station.  The ships attatched themselves to the station with large, sucker-covered, tendrils and the first of the Dauntrans boarded the station.

Meanwhile, the debate at the Dauntran Maw continued.  

The nation of Alestorm didn't seem to be a good choice.  They were too small, and seemed to be prone to disease.  They also relied on a performance altering beverage which seemed to hinder them severely.

The nation of Artainai was out too.  One good infestation of cags and their entire technological structure falls apart.

The Khe'val were never even mentioned as the Dauntra had never heard of the tiny race.

Then a councilman spoke up about the nation of Sanctum Limdo.  While large, they lacked a decent army.  Many of their trade vessels were open to attack from pirates.  Also, their view on slavery was comforting...as so many people frowned upon it.

"I think we have found our ally."  The council murmured in agreement.  "I shall meet with their leader and propose an alliance.  My guards and I sahll leave next moon-fall."

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2010, 08:58:15 PM »
(Sasha please post)

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2010, 03:08:25 AM »
(Ima save this RP pronto like. k?)

Commander Morgan lead the Khe'val to a large briefing room within the hulls of Icarus 9. The room was well put together although it lacked most high tech qualities that one would expect. The walls and table were made of elegant wood while the chairs were made of a heavy stone. On the wall across, a portrait hang of their Divari leader. Morgan ordered his men out of the room while he sat down in one of the chairs. "Please...Sit." He gesured to Hes'tel and her crew. Morgan's bulky armour made sitting in the stone chair awkward but he ignored the uncomfortable feeling. "I suppose we both have some explaining to do. I will start. I and my crew hail from the planet Alestorm, perhaps you've heard of us. Our planet is in danger and we are fighting an ongoing war with the Vltava, another race on our planet. We were patrolling out here for any enemy craft as we have known them to come out as far as here to conduct recon misissions. Instead, we came across your ship being attacked by pirates so we took action to ensure the safety and survival of your crew."

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2010, 04:23:07 PM »
Hes'tel ran her hand across the long wooden table, watching Morgan sit down. She sat opposite, followed a moment later by her crew. Listening to Morgan's explanation in silence, she nodded "Well, that would explain your lucky positioning... Though I am sorry to say I have neither heard of your planet, or people... The Khe'val do not normally take to approaching aliens on such non-hostile terms..." She looked across at her gunner who was sitting with her arms folded, glaring across at Morgan

"As for my explanation... We are the Khe'val, hailing from the planet of the same namesake... I was conducting a search and rescue on one of our ships, before being jumped by those pirates..." She sighed, tapping a clawed thumb on the polished wood table "I am sorry, but I do not well represent my race. Most are stubborn in their beliefs..." She glanced across at her gunner, baring her sharp teeth...

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2010, 05:31:54 AM »
Morgan twidled his thumbs together on the table, his eyes switing between the Khe'val while in deep thought. There was an awkward silence about the room but Morgan decided to jump to the point. "Well, I would assume we could say the same thing. We are a nation at war you see. Speaking of which, I would like to discuss terms of alliance between our races. As you seem to know what we are capable of, we were wondering if you could be of assitance to the Divari and the safe keeping of life on Alestorm, we would gladly return the favour." Morgan turned around to look at the elegant portrait hanging on the wall. "We are a strong race, living within a strong nation...but the fight cannot go on forever."

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2010, 04:22:51 PM »
Sighing, Hes'tel closed her eyes and waited a moment, apparently in deep thought. Finally she looked back up at Morgan, amber eyes searching his own "I... Cannot speak for my people..." She paused again, running a clawed finger down the length of her tight plait distractedly "However, I feel somebody has to take the first step. As such a small race, in such a hostile universe..." She sighed, nodding "I shall contact my superiors, ultimately the council will decide..."

With that she stood up, a thin smile creeping across her sharp lips "I thank you for your hospitality Commander... Whether or not the council agrees with my beliefs, I myself have definitely made an ally, and a friend today..." The other Khe'val watched Hes'tel with growing suspicion, as she bowed her horned head respectfully...